Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:43 AM   #1177

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Hi guys, Tim, Thanks for the good wishes, after having the left knee done, I now know what to expect, with hard PT it should progress well and rather quickly, its kinda like going back to boot camp . I will be trying to do "stuff", (at least when DW lets me, she has to go to work). Gordon, that is part of the plan, parts acquisition so that when/as I'm able I won't be held back waiting for parts. PT is usually three times a week, plus I work at it at home. Your right I never said I was bored, my father kept me very busy. (and with good reason). Hows the carpet job going? Have a great day all.
Hi Terry;
Carpet template went well. Found out it is more difficult to crawl into some of the spaces than I thought. Next time I will take the seats out. Would have made it a lot easier.

Found out the carpet place only carries apartment grade carpet. Tough but thinner than Janet wants. Will have to order whatever we think we want. Going in later today to talk with them and make final arrangements.

Have a good one.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2015, 09:10 AM   #1178

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Gordon, is the carpet place going to bind the edges? or is it hidden under the transition strips. We have found some nice carpets at Home Depot and Lowes also. There is a discount place up here called Grossmans don't know if they are all over or not sometimes they have some too. Good Luck

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:53 AM   #1179
bap

the dw and i just go to the carpet place and pick up what we like and install it our self,,
and yes removing the seats does make it easier but we have installed so much carpeting over the years were pretty good at it,,,the dw is great with the linolium,,
thats always been one of my favorite things to do,,any kind of flooring...i get to lay down....lol
Old 02-09-2015, 10:48 AM   #1180

Winnebago Owners Club
Hey Terry and BAP

The carpet will be bound.

I just wish we were closer to you guys. It would be fun to see the work you are doing first hand and work with you. I have a great feeling that I would be learning lots of new things.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:39 AM   #1181

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Feelings are mutual, I find if I keep my ears/eyes open and my mouth closed I learn more . My father always said you want to learn, watch. When in my businesses I always tried to educate people around me if I could, made life sooo much easier. Much of what I know I got from someone that was willing to help me, just find it great to help someone else. Its fun working/talking with like minded folks.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:00 PM   #1182
bap

i agree 100%...and all my life i have and still ask questions even if i know how to do something i have found that someone else may have a better way of doing it..

and gordan i know i could learn alot from you,,as i have seen you post alot of stuff that when i need a rerminder on those things im going to recheck it...

it would be awsome if we all were closer,,,,but as i recall about mine and terry,s hands.....stay far away if we pick up hammers.....lol

i have always said you can learn stuff from everyone,,,,the right way to do something and then there,s those that will show you the no way in heck to do it...lol
Old 02-10-2015, 01:02 AM   #1183

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi Guys! It seems that like minded guys find one another on the threads like this one! When I bought my last semi, I never planned on selling it, and did things to it, like cutting a hole in the back wall and installing a fantastic fan, to pull the hot air out! I had a buddy come over and he just cringed when I got the saw out! But when I was done, and he saw how much air it pulled thru the truck, he was like, OK! It turned out very nice! I also cut a hole in the back wall for a window A/C unit, as the roof was too much of a angle for a roof top unit. It also turned out very nice, and was a lot cheaper! As I said, I never planed on selling it, and was going to make a 5th wheel hauler out of it when I retired! Well things change, and I met my DW, and you see where I am now! And the guy and his wife that bought my semi, were so happy, when they got it! They got a hell-of-a-deal! I had my trailer set up to do the slot machine haul, so it was a pretty specific type of logistic trailer, and I thought it might be hard to sell, so a couple of months early, like 6 or so, I put it in the truck trader, just to see? Not a week went buy, got a call from a guy in Chicago, said he was looking for just what I had! Told me if it looked as good as the pictures, he would buy it! So I made a appointment to take it buy his shop the next time thru. He bought it on the spot! I was like, but, I am still using it? He said not to worry, he was not in a hurry, as he had another one being customized and it was not done yet. This guy was the head of the Chicago Film Industry, and was going to make a wardrobe trailer out of my old trailer! He said it would probably never leave Chicago, so in a way, it got to retire too! And he paid my asking price, never tried to get me to come down! All my friends said, you got how much out of your old trailer???
Hope this entertained you a little bit, Terry? I know you are sitting there bored, wanting to be out in the TH! Rail!
Old 02-10-2015, 04:58 AM   #1184

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Bap, you are so right about the hammers , some times its comical, sometimes its dangerous . I work all the time to keep my hands limber so I can do fine work like soldering wires and stuff, working on motorcycles getting into tight places is challenging. Rail, thanks for the memorys, at this time in our lives we have alot of them. You also pretty much nailed it, I sit here more than I care for, yesterday I was plowing snow so not too bad, 17* degs this morning supposed to be 28* no snow today, thrusday more snow, then temps are headed for the celler way below 0* for highs for several days. Catch all later.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:52 AM   #1185

Don't know how you folks deal with that much snow and ice. We are having another 70 degree day here. Our winters are only 2 to 3 weeks long. And not always consecutive. We should have one or two more cold days along here directly!

We ate about to enter our rainy season. We're hoping to fill the lakes up so we can restock them with fish. We're driving across them now.
Maybe we should start sending our rock truck your way and get them to haul your snow down for our lakes.

That's a joke. Our rock trucks could never make it that far. They can barely hold together long enough to make a days rounds without breaking down now

Ya'lll stay warm and come visit when you can..
Old 02-10-2015, 11:27 AM   #1186

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Curtis, As of right now I have a little over 80" of snow on the ground, I just got done watching the news and we should get more on thrusday and saturday, but the cold is getting real, way below 0* for friday thru tuesday and very windy so that I'm not looking forward to, I would leave tomorrow if I could 70*s sounds very nice!!
Old 02-10-2015, 11:43 AM   #1187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Hi Curtis, As of right now I have a little over 80" of snow on the ground, I just got done watching the news and we should get more on thrusday and saturday, but the cold is getting real, way below 0* for friday thru tuesday and very windy so that I'm not looking forward to, I would leave tomorrow if I could 70*s sounds very nice!!
80 inches!!!!

Dang, I"m only 73 inches tall!

I've got a guest house. Come on down!
Oh wait a minute, it's got a major set of stair that have to be negotiated to get to it.
But there's no ice!

Been meaning to build an Elevator for it in case the MIL ever came to live with us. But, she's in a nursing home in Lake Forest IL now, so no chance of that happeneing.

But, I do have two RV Elec hookups and a dump station out by the shop.
You'd like working in my shop!
Old 02-10-2015, 01:08 PM   #1188

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Curtis, You better be careful I might take you up on it......oh wait, dang it I got this OP coming up, oh well. I do keep the TH plowed out and the TV is'nt that buried. I was thinking about putting an overdrive trans in the TV I know someone that has some experience converting a 543 Allison.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0209151618.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	254.4 KB
ID:	85739   Click image for larger version

Name:	0209151618a.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	347.7 KB
ID:	85740  

Old 02-10-2015, 01:09 PM   #1189

Curtis, too bad about your trucks not being able to come get the snow!!!!!!!
Maybe you could get one (several) of those 2 mile long trains I see whenever I drive through Texas come instead??????

Where I am now , there is about 1000' of a 12' high snow pile , as high as a big case bucket loader can push it..and there are many more like that everywhere I look ! Lots of roof cave ins too. We're closer to 8-9 feet here in Maine. More on the way Thursday and Sunday too.

You could fill up LOTS & LOTS of dry lakes no problemo .
Many places on the coast are just dumping it in the ocean......
It should taper off sometime in April,,,,(or MAY ?)so it will be gone by the start of "summah" (officially July 4th!)

I'm with Terry on the 70* sounds so nice. And 3 weeks of winter sounds like a major pain to get through. When can we move in ? I'll pick Terry up on my way ........Oh My GOSHK !
Skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh kuh kuh
Old 02-10-2015, 02:46 PM   #1190

Terry
That doesn't look like a real lot of snow.......we're starting to have whole trees disappear ! Or you just better at hiding it than we are ?

« Life with Jane | - »