Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-16-2015, 09:14 PM   #1275

Winnebago Owners Club
There is a bonus to the cold weather.

You can sit out on the back deck and not have to pound your beer back before it gets warm!

No mosquitos while sitting on the back deck!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2015, 09:47 PM   #1276

Going to be close to 80 Sunday for the Daytona 500.

Old 02-17-2015, 04:16 AM   #1277

Before I purchased my solar panels I checked a local s&b for prices. There was no way I was paying that much. Plus there was the addition of sales tax. Seems they were in business exclusively to install systems & make the price look good minus the federal & state rebates.
Old 02-17-2015, 04:58 AM   #1278

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning

Good Morning Everyone, MK30, I like going to rv shows, I get a lot of ideas. Popeye, I agree right now our "normal" high for this time of year.....35*, -11 this am, very little wind I guess that's a plus. Gordon, that is true, no mosquitos, just these nasty little white things dropping out of the sky. If I was to sit on the deck my beer don't get warm...........it freezes !! . HH, AHHHH 80* I vaguely remember what it feels like. Its funny you mentioned checking with local S&B stores for solar panels, I did yesterday and found the same thing way too much, I did find some sellers on Ebay that have free shipping so I'll check some out there too. Have a great day all.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 02:16 PM   #1279

Harley, been a while since ive been on. 128 pages!!!! Holy crap! Is there annnny way you post some recent pics?
Old 02-17-2015, 04:31 PM   #1280

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Welcome back Travis, We are in a holding pattern right now, I am getting a total knee replacement on March 4th, but I can put up some pics that I have now, I'll get them up tomorrow. I might be able to get some small stuff done between now and then.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:08 PM   #1281
CQ

Looks like fun. You have a good plan going forward, or just geting back to spec first?
Old 02-17-2015, 07:25 PM   #1282

Hey Harley would also like pictures of the knee replacement mine left one is totally gone in the middle of doing sinvisck injections but only 47 years old so they are trying to put it off as long as I can stand it. I figured when it starts making me fall down is when I'll make him replace it. Hope all goes well with yours would kinda like to know what recovery is like as you go through it.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:26 PM   #1283

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
ds

Good Evening, CQ, just playing it by ear, do what I can. MK30, Don't put it off, IMO, this is my second one, had the left knee done two yrs. ago, cursed it for three weeks then it started to get better, the PT is the worse and the best, sounds funny but I don't mind PT. I put off the left one for eight yrs. just kept saying I don't have time for this, when this one started I knew it would not get better and I wanted to do stuff now not later, so called the doc up and said lets do this and here we are. For me I'm a pusher so I heal fast, can't say for anyone else but should take about six to eight weeks and I can start to do stuff, baring any complications. have a good night all.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:44 PM   #1284

Blew mine out 22 years ago back in 93 never went to the Dr until this past June Dr told me that I had torn all the ligaments and cartridge in my left knee back when I injured it. This past august he did the injection and it helped a lot but this past cold spell has it acting up pretty bad....hehe I remember the Dr telling me "Mr kohler there isn't any procedure that I or any other Dr r can do to help your knee except replace it" he said it could be 8 months or 8 years but it will have to be done. I go see my pcp in march and will probably discuss it with him and then go see the orthopedic surgeon after that...unless it makes me fall between now and then.

My job has me walking 6 to 7 miles in an 8 hour shift.

Sorry this turned into medical advice hour but one final quick question my knee feels super loose being no attached ligaments any more after having yours replaced is it tighter? Still trying to figure that one out....
Old 02-18-2015, 04:48 AM   #1285

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning all, MK30, No problem on med advise hour, we go off here all the time, Yes my left knee is back to what I would say is "normal", my leg was starting to bow because it was loose also, now its straight. I think that's why I was in such a hurry to get the other one done. You don't realize how much you adjust your lifestyle until you can now do whatever you want. If I can help in any way by answering any more questions just ask or PM me, I don't mind.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:21 AM   #1286

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Morning,

mk30, Terry is right about you have to work the knee when replaced. If you don't it takes longer to heal and it is stiffer. It is a balance and the PT people will help with that.

My husband has had both done and he worked it like they told him to and probably a bit more. He has no problems. Guy at work, he looked like he had been riding a horse only on the left side. He put off for years getting it replaced, in his late 40's. Finally did it in mid 50's and he said he should have had it done way before he did. He used to limp all the time. He now looks like he has never been on a horse and he no longer limps.

We work in healthcare and are standing or walking all day. You may need a few weeks longer off due to that, but it can be done. Good luck.

Terry, hope your surgery goes well and you get back to your TH soon. Take care of yourself, Lynne
beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 06:28 PM   #1287

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, Lynne I have read that you also are having trouble with a knee, sorry to hear that, doing the job you do and sounds like your DH has done it you know what to expect, as I said before, for me I would not wait ( of course I'm not) I know what I went thru before the first one, it took almost dropping a very expensive motorcycle (mine) in New Hampshire because my knee gave out, I really hurt it during the catching so the bike didn't go down, and I was a long way from home and had to ride many miles hurt, I had it replaced as soon as I could so as not to go thru that again. I had stopped doing a lot of things because I couldn't and said never again. Good luck to you as you start your journey. Have a great day
Old 02-18-2015, 08:46 PM   #1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
There is a bonus to the cold weather.

You can sit out on the back deck and not have to pound your beer back before it gets warm!

No mosquitos while sitting on the back deck!

Plus if your beer starts getting warm you can just set it on the deck for a few minutes and it will chill right back down from the snow down there.