Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-19-2015, 06:21 PM   #1303

Hah, My yard is brown most of the year!
If it's green, it's the clover!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2015, 07:04 PM   #1304

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
My philosophy is that there is no too young (to a point) if your knee is shot and nothing can be done, replace it, its a quality of life issue, most want to move now, who knows if at 70 or 80 (if you make it that far) you would want to or be able to move. .
Absolutely right. Harder to heal when your older too and the docs may be unwilling when your older. Update your hardware now if you can.

Pretty cool yours has replaceable parts Terry.

I'm only putting off the labral tear in my left hip for a couple months so I can finish the S&B projects. I'm burning to get out on the road FT in the coach so if I can may delay until Oct. But if the pain comes back all bets are off. Still aches a bit if I over do it but at least I can get off my butt and do some work.

Cant express enough gratitude to all that have served.

1992 County Coach Magna #4926 Magna Carta "Maggie"
25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 08:38 PM   #1305

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, Jay, I don't see anything wrong with doing what you are doing (about the hip) I did the same thing for yrs., as long as it works, I had no idea before my surgery that it (the knee) could be rebuilt until after, when he saw me for my first checkup, kinda made me feel better. Be careful not to over do, that shot won't last long, don't ask how I know that . Take care have a good night all.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 08:41 PM   #1306

Winnebago Owners Club
Just back from having a potluck weiner roast. 85 degrees and we are standing around a big fire roasting weinies. Go figure! But the food was good.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:13 AM   #1307

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Too cold to do much today, tomorrow warming to 20* and snow sat afternoon thru Sunday, weatherman says we are stuck in this pattern for the next month . Gordon, standing around a fire up here we'd be freezing our wieners not cooking them!! but would like to be doing that for sure. There is an RV show up north a ways, going tomorrow, like to look maybe get some ideas. Have a great day all.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:45 AM   #1308

25 this morning but will be about 80 for the Daytona 500.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:40 PM   #1309

Winnebago Owners Club
Today golf, tomorrow packing the ski gear, Sunday heading to Salt Lake City for the "greatest snow on earth".
Old 02-20-2015, 05:12 PM   #1310

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, HH, looks like your getting a piece of the cold there too! Gordon, most of us are running from the snow and cold and your running towards it ! Have fun, be safe, me I'd be staying in the lodge next to the fire. .
Old 02-20-2015, 11:45 PM   #1311

Winnebago Owners Club
Kind of odd, but I started skiing in order to enjoy winter. We had long cold winters and as a survey crew chief it was tough. Started skiing for something to do in the winter besides work.

While we would talk about spring early in the winter, I would also start talking about winter and skiing about the middle of summer. Complaining about the cold weather just makes it seem colder and winter longer. Always seems like it does not last as long if you want it to last longer.

I have skied in conditions that I said I would be complaining about if I had to be out working.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:43 AM   #1312

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning Everyone, Gordon, DW says she always wanted to try skiing her family was an active winter participant, then we got together and the only winter activities I did was race on ice, first cars then trucks and then would take our sand rail, that was lots of fun. There was three of us that would always run away from everyone else and one of us mostly would win, unless we broke. We also would once in awhile would take our jeeps and run seasonal use roads that were closed in the winter and not plowed, we'd go to the tail head and put on our sand tires and get up on top of the snow and run the length of the road and hope not to get stuck. 3* this am wind died down, going to go to a RV show like to look at the new rigs and get ideas. Then snow tonight and tomorrow, 6+ they say. Have a great day all.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:05 AM   #1313

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
With respect to Forest Gump, "This thread is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are gonna get". I really enjoy the campfire chat, the build photos, and the info sharing. Interesting that now that we are older a new joint takes on a new meaning.

Have a good day, stay warm.
JayGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 08:33 AM   #1314
bap

terry,,,did u ever ice race in upper ohio ?,,,,,your activities sound just like mine..
i really miss my ice bike,,,but still love running roads and hills that cant be plowed..
i have a long steep hill behind my house that most people cant make it up when its wet or snowy,,,its a great challeng for my buddies,,, it is so steep you cant see the top from the bottom,,,
Old 02-21-2015, 08:47 AM   #1315

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Guys, Jaygee welcome ! thanks we seem to just enjoy the conversation, we are all just friends here. Love the new "joint" reference . Bap, never made it to Ohio to race stayed pretty much local in NY State. We have some roads like that around here that was bragging rights if you made it. hope your weather is getting better down there its never fun being without power.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:15 AM   #1316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis in TX View Post
I'm curious about something.
Haw many of you guys here that are having knee problems played High School Football?

Both of my brothers played and both have had a lifetime of knee problems since.

I was a motor head so my knees are Great.

Even though I broke my kneecap in a motorcycle accident. And, broke my back in three places and shattered my left leg in a fall.

Just curious!
Yeah Curtis, I too am a motorhead, my brother in law is a Podiatrist and he played in HS, he had been suffering for many years, forcing himself to play golf most everyday and just had the surgery, he also has back troubles, but at least his knees are better! He is a big man about 290 6'7" or well he was think he shortened up a little with his back! Hope he gets that fixed as he is only 66 or 67 be kinda sad to heal other people and have to suffer! Bobby