Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-24-2015, 12:34 PM   #1345

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Afternoon all,
Been hectic around here, trying to get caught back up from being gone on the cruise.
Terry,
you are soooo right about following the PT, after my wrist surgery, the first day at PT she almost had me passed out while moving my fingers, but I never said a word, she saw me turn white and into a cold sweat. I have full movement in my fingers and wrist after a year and a half, which I wouldn't have had without a good PT.
Lynne,
Hope you are moving better now.
Welcome to all the new people on this thread since the last time I was here, Glad to have you on board.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2015, 12:44 PM   #1346

We're still iced in. I'm told the heavy traffic areas are getting beat clear. We aren't above freezing here yet. 29 with WC of 23. No trees to block the wind either.
I live in the Country so traffic is still low. Most of my neighborhood is retired so we are all hunkered down and staying home. We've got 4 wheelers and a grocery/ gas station is a mile and a half up the road if we run out of food.

I use to drive my PT peeps crazy patching my leg casts. Overachiever I guess!

Old 02-24-2015, 05:17 PM   #1347

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, Hey Frank, I was wondering how you was fairing down in Florida, I had heard that it was cold for a spell. Curtis, there seems to be two types of people, ones that will do whatever to get better and those that will avoid at all cost and whine about it after. Glad the ice is manageable. It appears that we have around a week of up and down (mostly down) temps, but in the first week of March I see a 40* temp, it'll come because I'll be in the hospital . Springs coming, March 20th but who's counting . 24 days
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:29 PM   #1348

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Curtis,

I don't like driving on ice because it's really just skating around on it. Most people drive way to fast and then wonder what happened so stay off the roads if you can.

Terry,

It won't be very long and you will have that knee done and back on the TH getting it done. I agree with people who will do about anything to get better and others that want the magic pill and then get mad when you can't fix it. Some of the patients over the years have shown me the extremes on both ends.

Frank,

Welcome back, hope you had a nice time! I have enjoyed both cruises we have taken. Will go again. Daughter and Son-in-law leaving Friday for one.

See you all in the morning, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:35 AM   #1349
bap

i too am looking forward to terry getting his knee fixed and feeling better so we can watch him work his magic on the th,,i miss seeing how much he got done in a single day,,,,i found it amazing on what he could do and see his frame turn into a billboard then a th ...
wont be long and this thread will be flying again....
Old 02-25-2015, 09:42 AM   #1350

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Good Morning Everyone, Castrol, I had two left shoulder reconstructions, last time doc said we can't keep doing this, so I really followed the PT instructions and stopped doing something that I knew would hurt it. I used to be a pro archery shooter, (ranked in top 100 in the world) walked away overnight haven't picked up a bow since, not even to hunt. But I have full motion and good strength, hope to keep it that way, so don't give up, with alot of work you can get there. I had the left knee done so if it goes like that one I should be good to go in a little while. I'm using the time for research on the solar system and electrics then ordering what I need so I'll be ready. Take care have a great day all.
Two. Good Lord you're a brave man. This, I'm hoping, is my one and only one. The doctor said it was really bad though. If I were 20 years older he would have just done a replacement.

Good luck on the knees. I'm so tired of rehab, I can't imagine how you did it.

Oh, and I'll be back to see if I can learn more about solar from you. I try to read up as much as I can, but it doesn't always sink in.
castrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:46 AM   #1351

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
I don't like driving on ice because it's really just skating around on it. Most people drive way to fast and then wonder what happened so stay off the roads if you can.
It's never my ability to drive under those conditions I worry about. It's the guy who thinks having all wheel drive means he's on rails and is safe at any speed. That jackwagon will eventually run into me and I get to pay the price for his stupidity. So like you I stay off the road unless I have to.

Good morning everyone. Coffee is hot. Breakfast in an hour.
1992 County Coach Magna #4926 Magna Carta "Maggie"
25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:08 AM   #1352

I agree. I'm into 4 wheel drive, go anywhere vehicles and I learned an important lesson the hard way.
Just because 4 wheel drive can get you moving when others cant, it doesn't mean you can stop any better than all those slow cars on ice.
Steering is slightly better, but not by a lot.

It's a long story and involves my 4 wheel drive truck using a very custom 57 Chevy Belair as a door stop at 60 mph.

Good morning all. And yes we are all anxiously awaiting Terry getting back to work on his Camper. We were all blown away by the process he made and are all pulling for his return to finish.

I would offer to help if my camper were finished enough to get me up to him to help.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:17 AM   #1353

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Already offered to help him build the slide next year. As long as it doesn't involve us being in a NY winter.

Can we just fast forward 10 weeks? Winter will be over, Terry will be healed up and working again, and DW & I "should" be out of the S&B by then and on a highway to nowhere in no hurry.

Oh yeah, good morning all. Not frozen but slightly wet here.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:01 AM   #1354
bap

oldcarnut,,,,,--that xj looks like i have seen it before,,,have you been on any jeep forums ?,,,,they are a very capable offroad machine,,,

oooppps of subject again...lol
Old 02-25-2015, 11:27 AM   #1355

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bap View Post
oldcarnut,,,,,--that xj looks like i have seen it before,,,have you been on any jeep forums ?,,,,they are a very capable offroad machine,,,

oooppps of subject again...lol
That photo is of Adam Sycz's Jeep. You have probably seen it elsewhere. I have the same suspension system he has in the photo, Clayton 8" Long Arm, sitting in boxes waiting to be installed. Will be installing Dana 60's at the same time. Maybe a 2nd transfer case for ultra low gearing.

I will be changing the body into a 4 door pickup. Think Chevy Avalanche

The an exo cage like my friend did to this Toyota fender
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kirkwood3.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	87057   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fender.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	87058  

Old 02-25-2015, 11:31 AM   #1356

Oklahoma Boomers Club
That project will keep me busy in the winter.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:55 PM   #1357

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
Weather is good now, well a lot better than up north, highs between mid 60's and mid 80's depending on which day, lows in the upper 40's to mid 60's. Some rain and a lot of heavy fog. I'll take what we had all winter rather than what you have had.
Lynne,
Thanks, I would go on another cruise, just not Carnival, not happy with the condition of the ship. Looking forward to site seeing on our way back north in May.
Jay,
That looks like a fun project.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:45 PM   #1358

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, Late getting on tonight, had pre op stuff and things that needed to be done, never ending. Thanks all for the encouragement, I will be out there soon, hopefully I get all my parts in hand and get going. Lynne, I'm sure you've seen alot of patients of both mindsets, I wouldn't be able to do it, I have been told I have a Drill Instructors attitude,. Bap. stay tuned. Castrol, I'm not brave just not very smart, I used my hands most of my life, and have the body to prove it . Jay, Curtis What!! you wouldn't help next winter on the TH , I am shocked . Frank, I was thinking the same thing, that I'd take your weather too . Have a good night all.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote