Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2015, 07:22 PM   #1387

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, I like exercising my genny, she don't get out much . Lynne, that's a great photo , Go on U tube and look for old campers there's some great videos on some old time RVs. Jay, that was a hi class rig , one step up from a Conestoga wagon and mules . Been busy this weekend just going out to see friends ect. Going out for breakfast tomorrow with a guy I went to school with, been friends since kindergarten, we go on vacation every year on the motorcycles, figure I'm going to holed up in the house for a couple weeks, gotta do what I can while I can . Have a great night all.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2015, 08:44 PM   #1388

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Friend sent a pic of this and thought it was kind of cute. People can create anything and have been for years which is why we have such great rigs today.
Needs a porch and a rocking chair!
Old 02-28-2015, 10:27 PM   #1389

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Good Afternoon, Jay, a build rally sounds like fun, with all the skill sets of everyone, we'd have a great time. Curtis, sounds and looks like you guys are getting the snow that we usually get, we've been lately just cold. Shop looks good..
Thanks.! The shop is a great man cave. It's got a bathroom and refrigerator. Plus bIg screen TV.
I don't drink myself but I keep the thing cold. I keep the freezer stocked with ice cream and popcicles. GRANDKIDS love me!

I missed posting up this morning
My buddy , a sergeant with our local PD, called last night and asked if I wanted to hang out today with him. He came by in his Land Rover and we went out looking for people to pull out of ditches. ( not his patrol car)
What a fun day. Then we finished it off working on his expedition trailer tent set up.

It was warming up here today to where the yesterday's snow started to melt. Then the temps dropped at sundown and it's all froze over in ice now. Going to Church tomorrow may be out of the question
.22 miles, one way, is a long way to drive on ice for a 1 hour Church Service. And then of course there's the night service and social too.

We'll see!
Curtis in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 03:56 AM   #1390

Not to rub it in, but we will have five days in a row of 80 before the next cold front arrives. Never mind, I'm rubbing it in.
HuntingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 04:44 AM   #1391

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Gordon, I agree a rockin chair would be perfect! Curtis, actually that sounds like a great way to spend the day (pulling people out of ditches). Your shop sounds like the perfect set up . Today is meteorological spring yeah!! other spring is 20 days away but who's counting . Hope the ice goes away for you guys down south soon. HH, I'm glad someone is getting warm weather, are you getting the rain alot are getting down there?
Old 03-01-2015, 05:46 AM   #1392

Most all that heavy rain went north or south of me but got some. Just not the heavy stuff.
HuntingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 06:27 AM   #1393

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Apparently they sold the chassis and people could make what they wanted out f those. This person made a camper. Would love to see what they did to the inside of it. I really like some of the older ones. People put a lot of thought into designing them.

Hope the ice goes away Curtis cause that stuff is nasty to drive on. Glad we aren't getting it here but we have had several mornings that it ha been very slippery driving in. I always allow extra time in the winter cause I drive 31 miles. Wish more people would do that. I look forward to the day when I can take my time driving to the net CG.

Take care all, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 09:26 AM   #1394

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis in TX View Post
Thanks.! The shop is a great man cave. It's got a bathroom and refrigerator. Plus bIg screen TV.
I don't drink myself but I keep the thing cold. I keep the freezer stocked with ice cream and popsicles. GRANDKIDS love me!
Careful now. You will have to put in an RV park for all of us.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 09:39 AM   #1395
bap

look out curtis,,,,,here we come...im not a drinker either so im after the ice cream myself...lol..

i will be the one in the uncle eddie rv......lol
bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 10:52 AM   #1396

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Car Nut View Post
Careful now. You will have to put in an RV park for all of us.
Agree. All that has to be added is a grill and smoker. Well - maybe a pool but just wishing.

Curtis, I am starting to get shop envy. It does sound like a great setup.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:03 AM   #1397

Winnebago Owners Club
Terry - Only a few days until your knee surgery. Early best wishes for a good surgeon with lots of skill to give you the best knee with the fewest complications. Thoughts and prayers with you and Eleanor.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:04 AM   #1398

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Terry - Only a few days until your knee surgery. Early best wishes for a good surgeon with lots of skill to give you the best knee with the fewest complications. Thoughts and prayers with you and Eleanor.
x2. Keep us posted, we're pulling for ya
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 02:35 PM   #1399

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
X 3, Best wishes and prayers be granted..
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 03:11 PM   #1400

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon All, HH, boy by the looks of it I'm glad your not getting it. Had a good day today visiting, don't do that very often, getting a little snow tonight 5 or 6". Thanks everyone for the well wishes, I have the same surgeon that did the left knee, he did good on that one, and is very prominent in the replacement community so I believe I'm in good hands. I will let all know when I can, or have Eleanor do it for me. Have a good night all.