Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2015, 10:19 AM   #1555

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi guys, I actually own 45 acres here and most of it is woods, would probley make a good rv park.......naaa way too much work. I am right in the middle of maple sugar country, the valley here produces alot I can't recall right now, but soon there will be all kinds of festivals and such. I do an good mix of both PT and rest and I switched to all decafe coffee for right now. We are in what my father used to say was "mud season" the worse season of the year for a logger, he would sometimes have to pull out so as not to tear up the woods. He loved winter .
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2015, 03:34 AM   #1556

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, 5* this Am, we got one inch of snow yesterday, and are expecting another two inches tomorrow afternoon, I'm not seeing spring any time soon . Did get some more parts yesterday, be nice when it warms up and I can finally move to start in and get this done, be nice to use it. Have a great day.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:16 AM   #1557

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
What a drag, hoping your feeling better today Terry. I tried D-caf and got headaches so i stayed with the good Stuff.
By the way its tasting Wonderful this Am. Last of the Dunkin Donuts.
Take it easy, by the time your Healed you'll be ready to hit it again.
Have a good one,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 07:04 AM   #1558

Whooooaaahhh.
You're getting snow and I'm not!
Now , THAT'S different...
Well we did get snow further downeast.
Low here was 14*.
Are you guys trying to gain the title "East Coast Alaska " away from Maine ??

Toys piling up and you have to leave the battery drill on the bench !
That's gotta hurt more than the knee !!

Skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh

Hang in there, meanwhile you can make up a real good plan. Then , when you're all healed , it will go in that much faster.....(I'm guessing about a week or so.)

I was thinking about your solar wiring.
Do you have any old welding cable laying around?? THAT would be some low loss solution to hook-up! Especially from the controller to the batteries and from the batteries to the inverter.
rvpopeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 07:44 AM   #1559

Good morning all. Gotta get out of bed. Played in the shop late again last night. Got more LED light bars mounted on my 4X4 last night.

Now if I could just get Melissa to start the coffee pot before I get up I'd have a reason to get going early.... She doesn't drink coffee!
Old 03-19-2015, 07:50 AM   #1560

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi guys, Tim, Actually I been drinking D Caf for a long time now, so really don't mind it. Popeye, I really don't want the East Coast Alaska title. We have gotten some real bad storms in March with alot of snow, so nothing surprises me, I'll post some pics around the middle of April and show the snow that we will still have, no kidding. I'm running 10 gauge from the solar panels to a combiner box on the roof, then, it depends on what I can find to go down to the controller, welding cable would be my first choice if I can find it in 4 or 6 gauge, I might be able to get it for mig welders, got to go for a knee check up tomorrow and was planning on checking it out ( the cable that is) also need to ck on PV Cable too. Just ordered more parts this morning, got to keep'em coming, I'm also going with two more Solar panels for the roof.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:52 AM   #1561

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Curtis, you gotta get one of those auto pots that will have it all ready for ya. Then you got to remember to make it the night before,
Old 03-19-2015, 07:54 AM   #1562

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Curtis,
Buy a coffee maker that you can schedule the time to brew. It's ready and waiting for you in the AM or when ever.
Tim

Great Minds think alike. Sorry for the double post.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:57 PM   #1563

Terry ,,,,,2 more panels !
Guess I don't have to get any more for my rig , just park next to you and buy some jumper cables

Yeah , I remember one winter , I was in Florida (???1981??), and decided it was safe to go back to Maine on April 20th ........got here on the 23rd and got 2 feet of snow the next night !
Oh well , I had already spent the winter in San Antonio and Tucson before going to Punta Gorda Florida for a few weeks.

Like the old saying goes. Summah in Maine runs from July 4th to Labor Day ! Oh Ayuh !
rvpopeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 01:34 PM   #1564

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Popeye, Yup my portable jump starter. We've rode motorcycles on vacation up around Portland, I waited until August. I'm sure you've heard the saying, if you don't like the weather.......wait five minutes. I especially live up high in elevation its real nice in the summer. Have a good one!
Old 03-19-2015, 07:09 PM   #1565

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Popeye,
That's why I'm staying in sunny Florida until the 1st of May, then a couple weeks in Savannah, Georgia. Then the rest of May in Charleston, South Carolina. Finally back to north east Ohio after the 1st of June.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 03:41 AM   #1566

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Frank that sounds like the best plan should be warm up here by then! Got to go to knee doc for a check up today have a good one
Old 03-20-2015, 04:52 AM   #1567

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Good Luck.
Old 03-20-2015, 05:22 AM   #1568

Good morning folks!

Just made it through the whole thread! Quite the project and it looks like you've been doing a great job!

The missus and I are doing some work on our new (to us) Toy Hauler as well - but not to the degree of yours. I have some soft spots in the slide roofs over the bed and living room to work on. Already rebuilt the ramp door as it was rotten inside.
We are getting ready to retire. The Warden works for the Public Schools as a clerk and will be retiring this year. She goes in the second week in June to get both knees replaced while we still have benefits. I am 15 months from retirement and will probably be getting left knee done and maybe right hip.
Just hoping and praying that the stock market stays up and we have enough in our 401k to make it once we pull the plug..
Okay I'll quit yakkin' and go back to reading...

Take care and I hope you heal up quickly..