Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2016, 07:25 AM   #4957

Me 2 Gordon! I check here everyday,,,, and withdrawal is on my mind. Of course this performance issue threw us all a curve ball. It would also move to the front of my list as needing resolution.

I'm afraid Terry is going to end up swapping out the vpm, I agree with him the wiring unplug and re plug probably didn't resolve it.

When I googled it I did find one thread about a fuse that powers the VPM, my guess is Terry saw that and checked that it has power.

L.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2016, 07:31 AM   #4958

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Gordon, Eleanor's heart rate is always low when she gets her DOT physical the Dr's. make her jump up and down to get it higher, I always thought that it would be a good thing. The weather is getting there 60's today and 70's by Sunday. I still have ALOT of work to do on both the Tot'r and the TH, kinda got waylaid by the Tot'r not running up to par, will have it back together today for more testing, (not counting on much) but needs to be done to make sure it didn't heal itself . TH has the upgrades and needs the solar finished and the inverter installed, and a bunch of little finishing touches. The Tot'r has major work to finish there's no compartments nothing inside the living area, paint ect. Frank, yes I'm glad the Med card is done I hate loose ends, when I drove bus it was required every year.
Old 04-15-2016, 01:26 PM   #4959

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
Yes, I agree on the loose ends. only have a week left before we leave, I still haven't washed the camper, although I did wash the truck today, even though it is going to rain. Going to spend the weekend with Rail and Jira, then I have to hit it hard next week. You have a lot more to do, but you also have 2 months to get it done, lol.
Later,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 03:13 PM   #4960

As a late joiner, I wanted to pitch in and say that I also check the thread every day, as I am sure many others do that just dont say anything. I enjoy seeing what Terry is digging into. I admire the friendships built between all of yall. Glad your DOT physical went well Terry.
TexasRVlivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 03:23 PM   #4961

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Frank, you better get on the stick, LOL. I'm not sure if Oklahoma is going to happen, We haven't heard from Jay and as far as we know he is still home and not in OK. I think everyone should be thinking of an alternative or wait until some other time. Today was a very busy day, working on putting the dash back together, smoothing out the rear deck to get it ready for paint, sand blasted the battery/step box, and redoing the fuel tank that was going to be the fuel tank for the genny, I am going to use that tank because the fill is in the front instead of the rear, it needs to be white not black, that way I can close in the body in that area. And finally started polishing the material that is being built into the sunviser. Pheww. TexasRVlivin, Welcome!! jump in any time, Thanks! We have a whole bunch of good people from Texas here!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0415161307.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	629.8 KB
ID:	124165   Click image for larger version

Name:	0415161307a.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	684.2 KB
ID:	124166  

Click image for larger version

Name:	0415161307b.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	124167  
Old 04-15-2016, 05:10 PM   #4962

Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome to the group TexasRVlivin glad to have you on board. Those friendships have developed on here just by helping each other with our advise and sharing with others, when we finally meet in person, its like we have known each other for years.
Terry,
Nice job on all three pics, even though I know what kind of work that you do, it still impresses me just how good a job that you do.
I am saving the weekend for Rail and Jira, then Monday I will hit it hard, lol.
Frank
Old 04-16-2016, 06:25 PM   #4963

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Evening, Wow, I just realized that I was so busy that I didn't get on here . Frank, Thanks means alot!. today was spent just doing more of the same, basically body work, just skim coating some parts trying to make old truck parts look pretty . Most of these parts aren't designed to look good, just be functional. Building this is challenging because I'm not just building an RV but a motor vehicle too.
Old 04-17-2016, 05:39 AM   #4964

Freightliner Owners Club
Terry,
You have earned any praise that is given. Glad that you were able to get some things done, hopefully the weather holds out and that spring has finally arrived in the north country.
Frank
Old 04-17-2016, 06:24 AM   #4965

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Real Brite sunshine this morning , even got a sunburn yesterday . Going to take a motorcycle ride today......supposed to go to 73* . weather for the next week seems to be okay, little rain Tuesday morning then clear the rest of the week with temps in the 60's
Old 04-17-2016, 11:57 AM   #4966

Winnebago Owners Club
Yay on the motorcycle ride. Rode to our club breakfast meeting this morning. Feels good to get out on the bike. Need to do that more often.

Back with the computers. Think I am going to do a recovery and start over before I am too far down the road. Janet's computer will not update. Bother!!!!
Old 04-17-2016, 04:22 PM   #4967

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Just returned from our quick ride.......a little over 100 miles later we are home, beautiful day 73* and 100% sunshine really needed it, don't think of anything but riding when I'm on the bike, best therapy that I know of. Gordon, I switched from windows 8.1 to 10 with no problems took a little getting used to but for me pretty uneventful. Still have my old Vista laptop, that has an invoicing program from my bike shop so I still use it also, drives me nuts now because my laptop I use all the time now has a touch screen and the old Vista wasn't, so I'm always punching the screen . Of course I started using computers when they were DOS code, yikes
Old 04-17-2016, 04:31 PM   #4968

Winnebago Owners Club
Glad you had a great ride. Something about the benefits of a ride. Helps clear the mind and refocus on what is important.

No windows 8 for me. Moving from 7. Still have a Vista machine that has MYOB on it for company accounts. Don't do much but still have to do an annual return. Have some income so tax prep is required.

Biggest benefit will be going from 2 meg memory to 8. Currently the memory is running near max so the virtual memory is constantly running.
Old 04-17-2016, 04:39 PM   #4969

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Terry,

I think we must be experiencing the same weather because the bikes are out all over the place. Winter is hard on riders having to wait for decent weather to ride.

I've also seen a lot of MH's, 5ers, and TTs coming back from down South. Seems a little early to me but I have not done this before so maybe not. I also see a lot of new TTs being taken to Canada. One of the local TT Dealer's sells a lot of them to Canada. Said that it's over 40% of their sales. Business looks good with what I am seeing going North.

With the weather warming up you probably will really start kicking it on the work now. Remember to take a ride occasionally though. Got to keep your biker heart happy.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 07:54 AM   #4970

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Terry, sorry I haven't been on much! With two women in my life now, crap, no time for meeeeeeeeeee!