Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2018, 10:50 PM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Reading this makes me very appreciative of my aluminum roof.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2018, 05:53 AM   #16

Amen to that; I wish the DPO's had left well enough alone and left the asphalt at Home Depot. I kind of dread going back up there and doing a REAL evaluation of what needs to be accomplished. I didn't have the time to get in-depth when I was checking it out or when I got it home, and other projects have been monopolizing my free time on it Whatever it needs, it'll get done, is all I can say. Somehow. There are a multitude of methods for defurring felines.
raccoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 06:50 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Check out RV Armour for a new roof
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 08:37 AM   #18

I think you will have problems with TPO or any rubber on that roof. Your roof should be as flush/level as possible, with any seams taped. All those raised sections are going to create problems. Your roof structure should look like this.

Old 05-03-2018, 08:49 AM   #19

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Did you try a MOISTURE METER? My guess is that moisture in the wood rises to TOP w/ SUN/ HEAT and stops glue from setting/ adhering? Looking dry is NOT the same as dry, ask any KILN operator :-) BIG Box (Lowes/ HD) should have a PINLESS Meter for $40-$50.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:08 AM   #20

As somebody with 40 years construction and industrial coating management , this really appears to be working outside the adhesive (and or membrane) manufacturer(s) environmental requirements IMHO. I agree TPO can be an outstanding roof system but absolutely has to be installed specifically per manufacturers constraints in all regards..mixing products from various manufactures without specific approval has always been a recipe for failure..and meeting environmental conditions throughout entire cure periods can be really challenging in certain places
masdixdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 03:31 PM   #21

Get a single piece of reinforced TPO fully adhere it to the plywood use term bar over the edge and you are done. The adhesives are touchy they have had to remove the solvents because of VOC requirements and are mostly water based follow the instructions to the T. Rubber is black, Coating black rubber will be a every two year thing. The white rubber has no carbon black in it will not last. RV armor is roofing in a can, why is the warranty not on the website?
Old 05-19-2018, 02:20 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwinkler View Post
Pictures during the prep and lay of the second round. All edges were sanded and tpo was rolled outAttachment 201134Attachment 201135
As a Professional Roofing Contractor, 36 years with 42 years roofing experience we would recommend the following:

Tear and dispose of existing roof
Inspect deck, repair or replace non-usable as required
Level Deck with additional layer of 4 ply cdx shearing mechanically attached with HD Screws
Over the newly leveled deck, install Firestone 1/2” HD Board, mechanically attached with HD Scews and Metal Plates ISOGARD™ HD Cover Board - Firestone Building Products
Over HD Board, solid adhere Firestone 60 mil TPO, heat weld seams
Flash any projections per manufacturer specs
Terminate outside edges with anchor bar and HD (heavy duty) screws

Couple issues with your install include:
Uneven Deck, even if seam did not leak the uneven deck the TPO is not laying flat and will “flutter” and wear TPO at any edge
TPO Seams MUST BE Heat Welded and Probed - Eternabond will NOT seal seams, it will pull loose and while Eternabond can be used for spot repair we all ways come back to the job and reweld suspect area

Oh, by the way here is an overview of a TPO Job we did ..... Fox Vally Ford - Aurora, IL ..... Affordable Roofing “Quality Since 1980” Affordable Roofing Inc |

PS ... Sold Biz in 2016 and retired
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1C1829D6-7FCB-44F6-86EF-58DE34A7E8AE.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	203375  
BraveWrigley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof