Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-30-2014, 04:17 PM   #1

Trade or not?

I have a 1990 Mallard Sprinter 28, class A. We use it several times a year and since we have to travel to see family and my wife likes to take the dogs, we really need to keep an RV. My wife wants to trade for something newer. I don't want to spend the cash.

We think that for what we do maybe a travel trailer would serve us better and our cars are all high mileage, like close to 200,000 each. But, they all run great and aren't giving any trouble. I am torn. Sell a car and the motorhome and go into debt for a Surburban and a Travel Trailer or, keep the motorhome and listen to the complaints?

The radiator gave us some trouble last weekend and my wife hates the bathroom. It's very small and the toilet sits up on a small step which makes it difficult for her when she's feeling dizzy. I think that I might ought to start looking and selling..any thoughts, similar experiences?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2014, 04:48 PM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to hammer55
spruce it up,

fix it up a little at a time, see what you can do to fix the bathroom first to please her, then go from there, will not cost a fortune, and you can take your time, and use it between fixes

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconbro View Post
I have a 1990 Mallard Sprinter 28, class A. We use it several times a year and since we have to travel to see family and my wife likes to take the dogs, we really need to keep an RV. My wife wants to trade for something newer. I don't want to spend the cash.

We think that for what we do maybe a travel trailer would serve us better and our cars are all high mileage, like close to 200,000 each. But, they all run great and aren't giving any trouble. I am torn. Sell a car and the motorhome and go into debt for a Surburban and a Travel Trailer or, keep the motorhome and listen to the complaints?

The radiator gave us some trouble last weekend and my wife hates the bathroom. It's very small and the toilet sits up on a small step which makes it difficult for her when she's feeling dizzy. I think that I might ought to start looking and selling..any thoughts, similar experiences?

Old 12-30-2014, 06:11 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Have you looked at some of the used Mhs? There are some great ones out there and not the biggest prices.

Good luck either way.
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:51 PM   #4
bap

if im not sure,,,i wait,, at least 48hrs,,,unless its a no brainer deal..
and like hammer said,, u can fix it just about anyway u want,,,no different than remodeling your house...lol

and beamis is correct also,,,there are tons of nice MH,s out there at very good prices now,,this time of year around here is buying time,,,spring summer and fall are selling time,,,
my advise if you buy make sure its been below freezing temps for a couple days,,and i like looking while its raining,,,will show any leak issues,,,

our first buy was made during the winter and it had been below freezing like forever,,as soon as it warmed up for a few days,,,well the floor was soft in a couple areas and the roof had a couple leaks,,--thats when i found out how much i loved working on rv,s...done a complete roof job on her and put down new flooring we actually lived in it for a year turned around and sold it and even made a profit on it..lol...it was a 93 fleetwood southwind 30A..
the DW and i also found that it was a little big for us and then we started picking up vintage tt,s and fixing them up,,,we did sell one made a little cash on that one to now we have 3 the newest one being a 66...lol..if there to far gone to put back original we just fix them the way we like it,,,but we love the little 10ft to 16ft oldies they fit us great...
sorry for rambling,,,,just saying there are so many options to go with...
best of luck on what ever you decide.....the main thing is....if the DW isnt happy noone is happy....lol