Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-22-2009, 04:32 PM   #1

Unknown motorhome. Who made it?

hello to all
i bought this motorhome in may of this year. iam trying to find out who built it. with no luck tried car fax the only go back to 1981 or 1982 . we have a direct link to penndot at work had one of the girls there run the vin it comes back to me daha. i live in pennsylvania it has a pa title that reads 1977 ford mtrh thats it . ive looked in the cubbords the outside hatches ever where even underneath. ive been all over this thing and nothing maybe its generic ha ha. if you can idendifiy this or know how to go about finding out who built it let me know ive uploaded some photo,s so you can take a look at the ol girl thanks david sr
mechanic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2009, 05:17 PM   #2

I noticed in one of the photos a small RVIA (I think that's right) plaque. If it has a unique serial number maybe that association could help you identify the manufacturer
JesseJ1826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:58 AM   #3

hey bill
i went to the web site rvia don,t see anything to track any numbers . maybe i have to call theam? whats your thoughts on this? thanks dave sr
Old 08-23-2009, 11:25 AM   #4

I too had a look on their web-site and don't see anything to help you get what you want. They do have some restricted areas available to members only, and there is an area that lets you become a member. Whether or not there is a fee for it I don't know. Give it a shot.
JesseJ1826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:44 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to stearn
It looks like a Mallard. Not sure, the ones that I remember were on a Dodge chassis. The window over the cab and the rest of it seem simular to my memory. Be sure to post when the mystery is solved !
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:01 PM   #6
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Try searching on "1977 Ford Eldorado motorhome"
If that is what yours looks like, give ford a call and see what you can come up with.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:59 PM   #7

Find the Ford Vin # (usually 17 digits) and then try calling Ford's Customer Service Center at 1-800-444-3311. Perhaps someone there can look in their database and tell you to which "box builder' they originally sold the cutaway chassis. Good luck, ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
Find the Ford Vin # (usually 17 digits) and then try calling Ford's Customer Service Center at 1-800-444-3311. Perhaps someone there can look in their database and tell you to which "box builder' they originally sold the cutaway chassis. Good luck, ED
well ed
called ford today gave theam the vin no ,and guess what ? she ask me well who made it besides the ford co . well i explain i was hoping you could tell me that. it was the nature of this call . after sevaral can you please hold and a lot of dumb questions like did you know the orginal owner . is there anything on the steering wheel like coachmen johndeer etc no. it says FORD thats why i am calling you hellllllllloooo. i ask is there anyway you can track it through your archives ? she says well we have to know who built it and if they brought it in for service or recall work . i give up i have a generic ford motorhome but thanks for trying to help me there has got to be an easier way to find this out. thanks dave sr p.s she ask me the vin no i give it to her and she says you don't have enough numbers and letters you need 17 i say ma'am this is a 1977 and they only have 11 oh let me try something differnt then. no luck
Old 08-28-2009, 06:27 PM   #9

There is a wild chance it is a Ford. GMC made their own rigs in that time frame. Perhaps Ford took a shot at being an RV mfgr as well. GMC's were way more of "rig" but hey, Ford had the Variable Venrturi carburetor going then so they had a lot on their plate to be thinking about fiberglass and all sort of space age stuff like that.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:41 PM   #10
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Have you tried this web site 1977 VIN
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote