Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #15
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragingbull View Post
John is LEIN strictly for LEO's?
Basically yes*, I don't know about other states first hand but here in Michigan that's how it supposed to work. They are not supposed to give the information out except in an "official" capacity which takes in if the vehicle is simply abandoned.

It does not hurt to ask.

* The information is also used by Department of Motor Vehicles, Secretary of State or what ever they call the outfit doing vehicle registrations in your area. There may be other "Official" uses of it that I'm not aware of as well.

See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2011, 09:14 AM   #16

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks John. I was amazed winnebago replaced the decal free of charge that shows serial number etc. They mailed me 4 new decals. I've been printing out manuals and other info on mine and putting all in binders. First one has one of those decals and they will all be stored in my winni when completed. Still searching for last title holder. Seems that 2003 was last time it was registered and its since been removed from any state/county listing.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:29 AM   #17
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I hesitate to ask but have you checked with your local DMV to see if they have a way of putting it back in the system?

Here in Mi. you can get what they call a "Assembled" vehicle title as well as a "Abandonment" title. They may even have more ways but they are the only two I have dealt with.

Also what is your state law on abandonment? What state are you planing on registering it in?
See My RV Upgrades
Old 06-11-2011, 09:41 AM   #18

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I'll register it in Tx. From what I've read if its abandoned it must be towed away. I'm trying to keep that from happening. Actually I won't allow that to happen. I've spent to much time and money now to give up on it. The last recorded registered owner has been much help and is trying also to locate who they sold it to. They gave me what paperwork they had on it. Previous to them selling it the MH was in perfect shape and they sold it in 1999 and it had less then 20k miles. Not bad for a 84 model!
Old 06-11-2011, 10:02 AM   #19
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I would think the last RO would want to get a duplicate title in his name then dispose of the vehicle, if it's like it is here in Mi. the last RO is still liable for up to $1000. of a tow bill even if it was sold to someone else and not registered.

Also here if it's abandoned on your property you can get an abandonment title without having it towed off.

How/when did you come in possession of it?
See My RV Upgrades
Old 06-11-2011, 10:17 AM   #20

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I bought it from a local who's nephew supposedly owned it. I do have a bill of sale signed but now cannot reach this person via phone or address. I local leo checked via the VIN and its not been reported stolen and said the signed bill of sale gives me legal ownership unless disputed in court. The nephew I did talk to on the phone when the purchase was being made said that he never got the title transferred and had since lost it. He's the one I cannot reach now.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:18 AM   #21

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thanks for clarifying John :]
Old 06-11-2011, 10:30 AM   #22
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Seems like the making of a good fireside chat sometime in the future.

See My RV Upgrades