RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-28-2017, 11:19 AM   #1

Vintage 1970's Superior 2000 or bigger made by Supreme Mfg

Would like to start a thread of all Vintage RV owners of 1970's Superior 2000 or bigger motor homes (back then called Motor Coaches) that were manufactured by Supreme (as the VIN stickers says at my entry and by the engine).
Maybe we could exchange info.
I can not find any manuals. Have you?
My 2200 Superior Supreme is a 22 foot 1971 with a 413 engine that I am refurbishing. It has very low miles on it. Everything seems to be original, including all the fuel lines, engine hoses and parts and the onan gen. I am not actually restoring it to the original interior design as so much of the walls and ceiling need to be updated from former disrepair.
Also, I am 6'7" with size 16 boot and do not fit behind the steering wheel, so I am shortening the kitchen counter and drawers to give myself an extra 9" to move the seat back (my wife is 5'5" and says she will use a "BIG" pillow behind her and find other places to store kitchen stuff, she's a trooper!). And no, I am not raising the roof a foot. But I do have a very long "Honey do list" to get done.
So, how about it? Anybody out there interested in swapping info and of course stories?

gary2200Supr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2017, 08:26 PM   #2

Gary, glad to here someone else has the "sickness"�� I have 73 2200 with 440. I do have all the original owners manuals but no shop manuals. Have spent a lot of time,money as well as blood sweat and tears on ours. Do love it! I'm only 6 foot, and driving it is tight! My cabinets, ceiling etc are in good shape, but all the systems really need to be updated. That has caused me to wring my hands a little about how much to tear out to make it more functional. Right now it's pretty much original. Post some pics if you can.

ifcstsooymh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 09:09 AM   #3
RNW

Vintage RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I think I have the address of where they ordered my shop manual from
RNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 06:42 AM   #4

Superior RV Manual

The address would be great! Thanks so much.
gary2200Supr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 05:50 PM   #5
RNW

Vintage RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
The web site is www.autobooksbishko.com
RNW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vintage