Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:34 PM   #15
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You might want to carefully inspect the door seals, if they are deteriorated, junk it. Stray microwaves are not a good thing, especially at eye level.

Burns & Diane
2005 Winnebago Aspect 26A/2012 Subaru Impreza toad
Illinois! - Where the politicians make the license plates......
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2011, 04:21 PM   #16
That old dude is less susceptible to crappy power and surges. Hang on to it. You can take it to an appliance repair center and they can check for leakage if your that concerned.

1990 28' Georgie Boy, 454, 4bbl, Thorley Headers, Recurved Distributor, 8.75 mpg. RVM 76
BA-in-Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:48 AM   #17
old stuff

i have an old sharp convection microwave in mine . works fine 2x left a skillet with grease in one time made a real mess . but it's still runnin an it's an 86
flatboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:55 PM   #18
Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
One other reason to like vintage microwaves with dials, most don't take power when they are off!
Stewart, Brenda and kids
2008 Newmar Canyon Star 3410
Luv2go is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:14 PM   #19
What about weight? Older microwaves weigh a ton (relatively speaking). I know that the last one I bought for our house was about 1/3 the weight of the older one it replaced, and yet was more powerful. Being that MWs are mounted up high in MHs, that is something I've often thought about.

As far as the newer ones using power when they're off, it's kind of a non-issue, since they only would use it (a small amount) when plugged into shore power or running the generator.

The MW in my '88 jamboree is the original (with dials) and still works great, but I'd be willing to bet that it is extremely heavy.

4x4van is online now   Reply With Quote

motorhome, vintage