Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2015, 05:09 AM   #127

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post

Personally, I would rather be parked next to an older rig with nice people than a new rig with crabby or noisy people. Like I said, don't know what I would say if told my rig was to old to be parked at their site. Probably just move on because wouldn't like the attitude and find a place that doesn't mind my older than 10 yrs rig.

Lynne

One of my most "rewarding" trips included camping next to a totally broken down pop up.

The family had bought it and were trying to get a little trip in before school started. After a couple hours of manually helping get the pop up set up and the AC going the kids were thrilled. They thought they were going to have to go home.
When we left we found a couple bags of home grown tomatoes from their garden. I'm just saying that all types of people can be in less than desirable campers.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2015, 05:17 AM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcnewbie View Post
One of my most "rewarding" trips included camping next to a totally broken down pop up.

The family had bought it and were trying to get a little trip in before school started. After a couple hours of manually helping get the pop up set up and the AC going the kids were thrilled. They thought they were going to have to go home.
When we left we found a couple bags of home grown tomatoes from their garden. I'm just saying that all types of people can be in less than desirable campers.
Great post. Thank you for sharing this.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 06:31 AM   #129

Vintage RV Owners Club
As someone that went camping for the first time in my Vintage rig at a commercial camp ground (Jellystone at Estes Park) this last weekend I can say I was very pleased, I received a warm welcome and had owners of rigs that probably cost easily 10 to 15 times the price of mine come up and compliment my rig, gave me thumbs up as I drove by, and just stopped by to tell me how cool they thought it was to see a classic being brought back to life. I am a firm believer of to each their own but be respectful to those we meet even in passing.

Matt
matthewc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 10:45 PM   #130

I am a new york city guy and keep my rig about 60 miles, 2 1/2 hours away from me and use the rv in the winter for 4/6 months and park it. I went out to the RV last week, first time since April when I got home. Started right up and all the systems worked as they were designed to. Drove 30 miles to get the juices flowing, got plugged in for 20 minutes ran the a/c and am happy with the results. It looks clean, bright and shiny. I have never been turned away from a campground if I pulled up. When I call the rules are in effect.
easywind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 01:58 PM   #131

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewc View Post
As someone that went camping for the first time in my Vintage rig at a commercial camp ground (Jellystone at Estes Park) this last weekend I can say I was very pleased, I received a warm welcome and had owners of rigs that probably cost easily 10 to 15 times the price of mine come up and compliment my rig, gave me thumbs up as I drove by, and just stopped by to tell me how cool they thought it was to see a classic being brought back to life. I am a firm believer of to each their own but be respectful to those we meet even in passing.

Matt
Hey Matt times 2, welcome
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 07:19 AM   #132
bap

the way i see it --anyone can have a nice shiny new one but not everone can have a nice shiny vintage...----there just jealous.....lol..
Old 10-02-2015, 07:44 PM   #133

Thor Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
[QUOTE=Chuck 1935;2734729]It's funny how the folks with rolling wrecks try to convince those with clean, nice Motorhomes that they are Elitists ! I have never seen a clean , tidy person pop out of junker . Never happened never will.
I was parked next to a shabby Motorhome at one overnight stop. I certainly didn't care about the owner or the Coach. WELL, the owner of that rolling dump was up all night long, going outside to have a smoke and hacking up a lung in the process.
I'm driving a 2004 Motorhome with 110,000 miles on it and it looks new. It didn't cost an arm and a leg. It's called pride of ownership.[/QUOte

I don't think anyone here wants to be an Elitist Chuck. How do you get that big head in your motor home? I do own some really nice clothes by the way. But please do drop by my camp and have a beer with me some day.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:47 PM   #134

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
My old 1992 America Eagle.

I guess this is all I have downloaded on this computer.

I am waxing it and was showing this side. Lest side, drivers
side not yet waxed, maybe tomorrow. I bought a buffer,
variable speed I want to try.

I haven't been turned away yet. I haul a 2013 Cadillac SRX
so maybe that offsets my motorhome age. LOL!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1068.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	108619   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1067.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	108620  

PatStab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 08:26 AM   #135

Thor Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Patstab They would never turn away your American Eagle. Its a good looking rig you have really taken care of it.
Old 10-03-2015, 08:38 AM   #136

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bap,

I agree with the beautiful older rigs. Some of the ones you and Debbie redo are absolutely amazing and I love seeing your before and after pics. I can't wait to come see them in person.

PatStab,

That rig is beautiful! Mine had been a bit neglected and I had to deoxidize and re-wax I and it made a hug difference. I will keep it up and it will always look good like it does now. The care the owner takes in their rig makes a huge difference, not necessarily the age.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 09:53 AM   #137

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I don't know why I don't have a picture of the front, will do one, it has
paint chips and stuff and a lower corner of fiberglass previous owners
messed up. My husband wants to repaint the front and around the
front windows. I'm sure he can, not much of anything he can't do.

It was awful when we got it, everything up top is new. Liquid rubber
roof, all new skylights, AC's, vent covers. I worked getting all that stuff
off with a heat gun mainly. Husband took off AC's. We thought at first
we would have to lay down a new roof, its was flaky, just worn from
years of sitting out I suppose. We recoated it with liquid rubber not
a new rub roof. He and I scrubbed the heck out of it and
coated it and that took care of it. I chased some leaks in the back for
a couple of years, it was the clearance lights. He hasn't been able to find
exact fits. He put some in the front but said they aren't in real good,
we sealed them. I do have one seep up front and I think its where an
old CB antenna base is, going to seal again. I get moisture in this
one spot, spray with peroxide and get rid of it but got to look diligently.
It is kept in our RV garage.

It took 6 coats of wax to bring it back, like to worked myself to death on it
and we have done much more. To Spartan for lots of things underneath
being done, air bags, something with dryer, all new brakes, they messed up on back 2. Couldn't decide on the size and I couldn't take it back for them to fix, wouldn't drive it that far again, local semi dealer fixed them, he said they were 1/4 inch off in size.

New tires, it rides good. Hubby is putting me on a new safety steer, they said the old one was done but claimed we don't need it, hubby thinks we do.

Replaced fridge, 1 furnace, upgraded water heater, new water tank, new
w/d. Was going to buy a 2003 Eagle couple of months ago but not 6500 miles was 65000. Had the check in hand and walked away, I thought it looked like to much wear for that and hubby said we would start all over again. I was disappointed but I think that $100k can be utilized elsewhere.
Old 10-03-2015, 10:12 AM   #138

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I have posted these before but been some time ago.

Our garage
My tow car
front of the old Eagle

Yep, I travel alone, did with my mentally challenged DD, she will be 45,
but due to our age and her behavior issues I finally got her in a group home about a month ago. She is only 25 miles away and doing very
well.

So now it will be me, dog, and kitty until or unless hubby retires!!

I have it sitting out as I want to finish waxing it, but its only in the 50's
today and wind blowing toooo cold. But next couple of days is to get warm
so I can do it then. I hope to clean the ceiling will likely have to run the furnace a couple of days to make sure it dries good. Likely can't go anywhere till middle of January due to hubbies travel and work schedule.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1092.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	108651   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1093.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	108652  

Name:	IMG_1095.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	108653  
Old 10-03-2015, 10:24 AM   #139

We have seldom been tucked in between objectionable folks. Sometime the kids are noisy or the party lasts past our bedtime but we lived and got revenge the next morning when I started the diesel for 5 minutes before leaving. We have sent in pitures of our rig a number of times (2004 Country Coach) with a new paint job that cost more than many of the towables in the park. Who cares? We all are having a nice time, nearly everyone will visit if spoken to. I have helped folks with new or old equipment and a few have helped me. Thats what camping is all about - fun, enjoyment, nice people meeting nice people - the grouches (if any) can stay home.
gbburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 11:48 AM   #140

You are an arrogant ass uming, all older homes are trash. I just purchased a 20 year old clean home that needs a little work, the old owner like yourslef has no sense of how to fix aything so they pay thru the nose or buy a new one
hvac45 is offline   Reply With Quote