Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2010, 02:38 PM   #29

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOODYDEL View Post
you CANNOT cause a fire by plugging ANYTHING into a panel UNLESS the panel is wired incorrectly. That's it. This isn't rocket science.

Your "thoughts" about what they were thinking are fiction.
Well see now if they were as smart as you are they'd have hung around and made the Campground owner pay them for damage to their coach.
Fleeing the scene denied them that huh?
Peter_Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2010, 03:18 PM   #30

Send a message via Yahoo to frederick w
Hi
I approved alot of credit apps. back then (when we didn't have PCs or the
banks were closed) when I saw older people drive up in a 10 or 12 yr. old car in exc. condition, nicely dressed; their credit seemed to be always good and they were of resonable good character. Their manner of speech and body
language also told alot.
Fred from pasco, Wa.
frederick w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:16 PM   #31

Oh really

Quote:
Originally Posted by frederick w View Post
Hi
I approved alot of credit apps. back then (when we didn't have PCs or the
banks were closed) when I saw older people drive up in a 10 or 12 yr. old car in exc. condition, nicely dressed; their credit seemed to be always good and they were of resonable good character. Their manner of speech and body
language also told alot.
Fred from pasco, Wa.

Get this folks. A credit check to stay at a campground. What happened to paying in full? Giving people the once over by SIGHT!?

I think you should put up the name of your campground. Like a public service message type deal. I'm pretty sure you'd be scared witless by my New York manner of speaking.

Campground NAME? I want to see this LUXURY resort.

A good friend of mine OWNS a REALLY nice campground. He paid off his scummy partners to get rid of them. HE DOES NOT PULL THESE STUNTS.

What the hey, I might as well post his website link
http://dogwoodcamping.com/

And I don't just camp there. The whole family has been our friends for years before their buying the campground. I know all about the headaches of running a campground including financial.

He didn't become a jerk like what I'm reading about.

quote "Well see now if they were as smart as you are they'd have hung around and made the Campground owner pay them for damage to their coach.
Fleeing the scene denied them that huh?

Being ignorant about how things work is one thing but to defend ignorance is to be stupid.
WOODYDEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:26 PM   #32

Texas Boomers Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Lorna,
I agree with the 'hillbilly' statement being Appalachian Americans. I am one of nine that was born and raised in the Appalachian Mountain area.. I actually graduated from Appalachia High School, but that was in Appalachia, Va and a "real deal coal miners daughter" but not as portrayed in the movie.. We had loving hard working parents, and everything that goes with raising children. Anyway, I do not get offended being called a 'hillbilly' as long as it is in good taste,, and I am a proud "Vintage" hillbilly. "American"
More I read about older rv's, I think I will just go to one of the Texas Boomers get-togethers after all. We are almost vintage

"Travlin with a song and prayer"
Me n Slowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:43 PM   #33

Hope you realize it was a tv show

Quote:
Originally Posted by MENSLOWPOKE View Post
Lorna,
I agree with the 'hillbilly' statement being Appalachian Americans. I am one of nine that was born and raised in the Appalachian Mountain area.. I actually graduated from Appalachia High School, but that was in Appalachia, Va and a "real deal coal miners daughter" but not as portrayed in the movie.. We had loving hard working parents, and everything that goes with raising children. Anyway, I do not get offended being called a 'hillbilly' as long as it is in good taste,, and I am a proud "Vintage" hillbilly. "American"
More I read about older rv's, I think I will just go to one of the Texas Boomers get-togethers after all. We are almost vintage

You do realize that the BEVERLY HILLBILLIES was a TV show, right? If you never saw it, they were looked down upon until people found out they had $17,000,000 in the bank. Not that it should matter, of course.

Anyway, I don't give a ---- about being PC.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:48 PM   #34

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
Hope your car isn't to old.... next it will be hotels and motels
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:08 PM   #35

Texas Boomers Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Woodydel,
I may be a little dense tonight ,, what is this? PC not the ---- I know what it stands for..
"Anyway, I don't give a ---- about being PC"

Yes, I do know the show Beverly Hillbillies... watched it many a time! And, yes, people do look down on others for a lot of reasons but that is because they do not own a mirror... and then there are the ones that look up to others for the good things they have done in life and don't let it go to their head.. 10% rule !

Rick,
my car is a lot younger than the MH but a hotel or motel ain't bad either when you are traveling.

Old 09-03-2010, 07:30 PM   #36

Politically correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by MENSLOWPOKE View Post
Woodydel,
I may be a little dense tonight ,, what is this? PC not the ---- I know what it stands for..
"Anyway, I don't give a ---- about being PC"

Yes, I do know the show Beverly Hillbillies... watched it many a time! And, yes, people do look down on others for a lot of reasons but that is because they do not own a mirror... and then there are the ones that look up to others for the good things they have done in life and don't let it go to their head.. 10% rule !

Rick,
my car is a lot younger than the MH but a hotel or motel ain't bad either when you are traveling.

Everyone is infected with the idea they have to watch what they say. So the commonly used phrase is "politically correct". Like the way lying deceptive double talking politicians talk.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:38 PM   #37

Texas Boomers Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
thanks Woodydel, I would never have guessed that one.
Have a great evening!
Helen

Old 09-03-2010, 07:39 PM   #38

I think that 10 year old rule is STUPID. I have been in parks next to a RV that would scare the lillies out of you, but the people were the nicest people anyone could ever want to know or be next to in a park. Any park that does not want your Rv 10 or older, there are other parks that will take you. Those that don't want you are the loosers. A lot of the time the older RV s have more friendlier people than the high dollar ones are.
Al. Michigan.
Al, Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:14 PM   #39

I have a "vintage" brick and morter home built in 1962 with an old electrical panel with circuit breakers. Not long ago the plug in the kitchen started smoking and stinking terrible. The breaker never tripped as it should have. I spoke to an electrican about this and he said it is common with old breakers to not trip when they should.
Could this have been the case in the park that had the electrical fire?
We are leaving Phx. for Casper Wyoming very soon and I checked with the park we will be staying in at Casper. They have a 10 year rule but only for long term stays.
Our rig is an '87 but is clean, stripes repainted and body waxed. Cleaned all the stray caulk off around the windows, etc, hub caps polished.
Even have 2 sets of Harbor Freight solar panels on the roof. One set can be raised and turned to the sun.
Should be a good trip, I hope.
Hope the OP has a good time also.
leadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:49 PM   #40

Ford Super Duty Owner
10 year rule yuh say. Let's see ours is a 2000 so it's now 10 years old. Good! now have a real honest to goodness legitimate reason for wallydocking. Not that I ever needed one
Might come in handy on the Wal Mart threads

Cheers
Willey
WilleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:55 PM   #41

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilleyB View Post
10 year rule yuh say. Let's see ours is a 2000 so it's now 10 years old. Good! now have a real honest to goodness legitimate reason for wallydocking. Not that I ever needed one
Might come in handy on the Wal Mart threads

Cheers
Willey
The real bad thing is that a lot of the RV's have 15 yr. financing. Are you guys paying off early or just trading in every few years?
J
GOLDWINGER2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 08:20 PM   #42

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadman View Post
I have a "vintage" brick and morter home built in 1962 with an old electrical panel with circuit breakers. Not long ago the plug in the kitchen started smoking and stinking terrible. The breaker never tripped as it should have. I spoke to an electrican about this and he said it is common with old breakers to not trip when they should.
Could this have been the case in the park that had the electrical fire?
Well according to Woodydel only an incorrectly wired panel could be a factor in a fire. But - once again - the point of the story is that these people who rail against rig age discrimination acted in a manner that supports the point of CG owners who edit rigs based on age.

WRT your panel, here in Denver we have a lot of homes in that age bracket with Federal Pacific panels. Federal Pacific lost their UL rating ages ago and now when they come up for sale in an FHA loan situation I frequently am tasked with having them replaced in order for the property to pass inspection. In my case these are forclosure homes as my company performs rehab and service work for that market.

Hope yours is a wonderful trip!

Peter
in Denver
Peter_Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote