Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:29 PM   #57
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Any campground that has a bad policy or I do not other wise like, I simply vote with my money and take it elsewhere. I do not particularly like the "RV RESORTS" so it no skin off of my nose if they do not care for my VINTAGE RV.

Ken

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2010, 08:13 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
Mark,
Howdy neighbor ! I had no idea that there was an RV Park up there, it sure looks nice. We live in Shadow Hills near Burbank and used to eat at El Encanto before it closed. Sure is a small world !!
I miss the El Encanto and their hush puppies with the maple syrup. Cal the previous owner has a place in Havasue called Sourdough Lil's.

Come up for breakfast or a burger sometime.

No longer RVing. Happy Trails to you.
Campingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:26 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOODYDEL View Post
The gist of this thread is not about anything but "excluding" people from campgrounds for no legitimate reason, that being 10 years old MH's. It is not about all campgrounds. It is not about how to get away with getting yourself accepted.

So, for me, I take exception to your phrasing "all got this worked out". I'm not included.

Well as long as you take exception and not offense. I'm ok with it cuz I have taken alot of things in my life but never a fence.
It was a stab at humor Woody, nothing more.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:32 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDWINGER2 View Post
I live in Altadena, CA, I'll have to stop by and check out your facilities one day. I usually go to the campground over in the San Dimas area at Puddinstone Lake.
J
Please do. This is the best time of the year I think. Everything starts to slow down , no crowds and the canyon gets a chance to heal from all the abuse it takes all summer long. THis time of year I get all my graffitti removel stuff together and start picking up the trash.

Old 09-09-2010, 12:03 AM   #61

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Mark,
We are leaving on Sunday for the East Coast on a two and half month trip but when we get back I would love to go up the hill to say Hi and have a burger with you. See you when we get back.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:13 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
Mark,
We are leaving on Sunday for the East Coast on a two and half month trip but when we get back I would love to go up the hill to say Hi and have a burger with you. See you when we get back.
Have a great and safe trip.

Old 09-10-2010, 06:27 PM   #63

We have been traveling in my 82 winnie for 6 months now and haven't ran into one place that wouldn't allow us. I also herd of the 10 year rule when we first started RVing and was a bit worried. I think it is mostly for the high end parks that cost between 50 and 100 dollers a night.
TheDubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:25 AM   #64

We are traveling now in our '87 Itasca for a week and have not had a single negative comment or been turned down at a park. Here in Casper, Wyoming the guy was even admiring our coach and said how nice it looks.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:31 AM   #65

New and didn't read all the Replies Sorry if Repeated

If you need a spot for the Night and have a good water system and Holding system. I would Use Wal-Mart. I didn't even know I could until last month when my water pump went out on my Truck. I was in Wal-Mart and parked back where others were parked thinking it was cause we were so big and took up space, I came out after shopping and my Truck was leaking. The person beside me had moved out the slide out was setting out chairs. I asked if he was spending the night and he said yes that he travels around where there are Wal-Marts that let overnight parking and spends a night or 2 and moves on. He was in a 1979 dodge 21 foot Motor home. Rallye or something like that. Maybe something to check out as I am sure your not looking to spend more then a night or 2 to rest up.

Again sorry if I repeated another poster.

James
Old 10-19-2010, 01:34 AM   #66

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
"Then there are the ones that it is just purely snobbish. Some of the folks with newer high end RVs feel they will get cooties if they are parked near one that is over 10 years old. I don't care to be around that kind of person anyway. My money goes down the road."
__________________________________________________ ____________
I could not have come up with anything any better than this quote from another who replied. I was lost for words to think that someone in business would stoop this low, what a shame. I just wonder how many of them are up to their EYEBALLS in debt, so sad. Good luck everyone and drive on if your faced with this type of treatment, I know I will.
David G.
justimagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:16 AM   #67
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Over the years we've spent time, on some vacations, in a few of the very 'high end' parks, where we were clearly 'from the other side of the tracks', at least financially, from many, if not most, of the other patrons. Not once have I felt that we were related to any differently than any where else we'd ever stayed (with some exceptions. We've had snide remarks made by 'purists' in tents, or smaller / older rigs while staying in public parks - taking exception to our chosen form of travel).

Typically we find those in the high end rigs are just as happy to talk about their shared appreciation for the RV lifestyle as any other. Just don't approach others with any preconceived steriotyped assumptions. "Snob" works both ways...

As for the age restrictions, I think they are an attempt by some parks to be able to keep the bashed up, mold covered, missing baggage doors, and the rear bumper is dragging on the ground, rig out of the park (Come on, we've all seen them. If they don't care about their own property, how will they treat yours?). I'll concede that some may strictly enforce the rule, but I'll also insist that those are few and far between. If you present with a well maintained and cared for rig, of any age, I'll bet you the beverage of your choice you'll be welcomed in.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:17 PM   #68

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Hmm.. Being a Disabled Vet most National Campgrounds are free to enter and 50% less for a site... Guess where I go? Screw the 'snobs' and their $2000 a month payments....
Old 10-24-2010, 05:44 PM   #69

Vintage RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
There's no way I'm going to pass my 83 Class C off as 9 years old no matter how well maintained I keep it. That said, I have never been turned away from a campground. I don't stay at resorts, but always nice places where a solo female would feel safe. The new rigs next to me have had some of the nicest owners. To quote one woman when I told her I would love to have something prettier but hated to give up my my mechanically perfect old girl "pretty doesn't matter so much when you get to our age. I want something (someone) I can depend on."
Old 10-24-2010, 10:20 PM   #70

Usually the age pertains to long term renters. BUT I have been turned down (sight unseen) by Shipps's and Best Holiday Travel Park... both are in Chattanooga. It was my vintage Apache hardsided pop-up. I needed a site by the month. By the time these campgrounds finished adding all the extra fees, we could have stayed at one of the best hotels in Chattanooga CHEAPER. The other time was last winter... David was old enough and welcome to stay, but Stacey (our 23 yo Daughter) and I were told we would have to stay someplace else! So we looked at another Mobile Home/RV park on the same road that was far cheaper.

We tend to stay in public campgrounds and avoid places with the word "resort" in the name. I object to anyplace that has "age restrictions" of any kind.