Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-11-2015, 05:12 PM   #113
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7365 View Post
This thread is so full of crap
CJ7365-Yes-too bad this subject had to come up....wonder why? Too bad you feel this way-
If this discussion helps someone; a newbie, for instance, then it's worth it.
While it may not affect you, it could affect someone else. Word to the wise?
I would hate to pull up to a CG after a 10 hour drive (remember: we have time constraints), and be turned away because of the 1985 production year of our pristine rig? This is important to some of us.

beamisl-Thank you for the wonderful compliment on our Winnie. We are really happy that we have it. And, we happy to be parked next to your shiny baby.

Chuck 1935-Thank you as well for your thoughts. We know that there are many who could add to this. BTW, many people don't know what our Winnie is-it's so different until they notice the logo "W" in the stripes. We have fun with it!
__________________

__________________
Bowtie621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2015, 05:37 PM   #114
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8
Here's our traveling 30 year old motorhome that's 90% electric (shore power only), our 1985 Fleetwood Jamboree. We put 6000+ miles on it last year visiting relatives 2000 miles away and being present for the birth of a grandchild.
During our travels, every CG we overnighted at was wonderful and unique. We would call ahead for most of the CG's but there were times where we would pull up being delayed by road conditions or weather and the CG's were great about this. This RV is our motel, studio apartment on wheels and the only way we could travel as we do.


The world of RV travel has changed so much and taken on so many different faces that creates a discussion like this one we all have been happening. This is why it's so important to have it.
Happy Motoring Everyone-
__________________

__________________
Bowtie621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 09:47 PM   #115
Senior Member
 
Chuck 1935's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Shadow Hills,CA 91040
Posts: 3,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7365 View Post
This thread is so full of crap
Love to see a picture of your Motorhome. That would help in proving your point
__________________
NOTE; I am not responsible for typos, poor grammer or misspelled word !
04 Itasca, Meridian 34H, 330 Cat/2003 CR V Toad
1933 Ford 3 Window,as seen in Bye Bye Birdie
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 10:00 PM   #116
Senior Member
 
CJ7365's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Southern NM
Posts: 1,523
Here you go,
One thing I must add is, really I shouldn't of commented at all, as I am usually camped at State/National Parks or dry camping, as a matter of fact, reading this thread is the first time I had heard of a 10 yr thing, so guess it really does not apply to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150814_083251.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	235.9 KB
ID:	106666  
__________________
2005 Tiffin Allegro Bay 37DB
W22 Workhorse Chassis 8.1 Flat Towing a 82 Jeep CJ7
CJ7365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 11:46 PM   #117
Senior Member
 
Chuck 1935's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Shadow Hills,CA 91040
Posts: 3,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7365 View Post
Here you go,
One thing I must add is, really I shouldn't of commented at all, as I am usually camped at State/National Parks or dry camping, as a matter of fact, reading this thread is the first time I had heard of a 10 yr thing, so guess it really does not apply to me.
That's a nice looking Motorhome CJ7365. I also have always had Motorhomes that were over 10 years old, but clean like yours !
The only time I was asked how old the RV was, I just said 9 years old, paid my money and drove to my space. Saved them the embarrassment of having to throw me out
__________________
NOTE; I am not responsible for typos, poor grammer or misspelled word !
04 Itasca, Meridian 34H, 330 Cat/2003 CR V Toad
1933 Ford 3 Window,as seen in Bye Bye Birdie
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 01:28 AM   #118
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 116
my 1983 (32 years old 80,000miles, 6.2L G3500)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0357.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	233.2 KB
ID:	106675  
__________________
thedjjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 09:43 AM   #119
Senior Member
 
CJ7365's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Southern NM
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
That's a nice looking Motorhome CJ7365. I also have always had Motorhomes that were over 10 years old, but clean like yours !
The only time I was asked how old the RV was, I just said 9 years old, paid my money and drove to my space. Saved them the embarrassment of having to throw me out
Thanks Chuck,

Yeah I hear ya, The Brave has done us well, its just the wife and me, kids are all gone.
__________________
2005 Tiffin Allegro Bay 37DB
W22 Workhorse Chassis 8.1 Flat Towing a 82 Jeep CJ7
CJ7365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 09:43 AM   #120
Senior Member
 
CJ7365's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Southern NM
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedjjack View Post
my 1983 (32 years old 80,000miles, 6.2L G3500)
Nice looking RV
__________________
2005 Tiffin Allegro Bay 37DB
W22 Workhorse Chassis 8.1 Flat Towing a 82 Jeep CJ7
CJ7365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 09:54 AM   #121
Senior Member
 
KSagal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Wilmington, MA
Posts: 559
The world has indeed changed over the years. I have been traveling for many decades, but RVing is pretty new to me.

Decades ago, a simple rule for a traveler in a strange town on a strange road (strange to them) was to look for a restaurant with lots of truck out front. Those who drove for a living wanted good food for a reasonable price, so when faced with local ignorance, that was a pretty good rule of thumb.

I happen to be a 55 year old dinosaur. I do not change quickly, and do not do politically correct well. I am however, much more libertarian than some may believe, as I am also pretty conservative (actual, not political)

To make a 10 year rule, that is not intended to be enforced, but is only there to protect against lawsuits when it is not universally enforced, is a game. I understand that a camp ground owner can make any rule they want, but the law stops them from making some that they may want to make.

Some people may decide I am a certain type because of my religion, or because I am bald, or whatever. I do not care. But the law says you cannot discriminate against me for some things, but does not protect because of other things. If you say I cannot come in because of my religion, that is illegal. If you say I cannot come in because I am bald, that is not illegal.

I do understand that some people have a pride of ownership that says they do not want to be parked next to what they decide is a rolling wreck. I understand that some CG owners want to cater to these people.

I also understand that how a person lives is often demonstrated outwardly, and in the appearance of their home and vehicles, and surely can be seen if they are the same (home and vehicle).

But there are also exceptions to every rule.

I HAVE seen wonderful people emerge from strange or even horrible places. I have eaten great food at odd looking eateries. I have eaten not-so-great food and thought is was great because of the company I was in, or the place I was in, or a combination of both.

(I cook better hotdogs on my BBQ at home, but they taste better on a mountain top looking at a sunset)

Many of the absolutes in this thread are both endorsed and then shattered. To say most of the absolutes is to also admit that they cannot be absolute.

Old is not the same as bad. Here we all seem to pretty much agree. But too old, or too dirty, or too dilapidated are not the same for everyone. A camper who like to dry camp, and frequents the back roads, the dirt and gravel roads is not going to look like a camper that only sees pavement, only sees the barn when it gets home, and frequently sees the detail cleaner at the truck wash.

I am not a rolling wreck, and I do not own one. I have never been denied at campgrounds that have a 10 year rule (I do camp at one because my friend is there, but their rule is only for seasonal and not weekend campers like me)

I too would want to move on if a cg did not want me there, for any reason. I have no desire to give my money to those who do not appreciate what I appreciate.

But I do take offense at those who will assign a value to me simply on first sight. If you decide I am a certain way when you see me dirty, you might be wrong. If you decide I am a certain way when you see me dressed in suit and tie, you might also be wrong.

I give people, as much as I can, the benefit of the doubt. I appreciate it when others extend me the same.

If that benefit is squandered, and my fellow traveler gets loud, boorish, or insulting, I have no problem making my assessment at that point. Regardless as to the age of their accouterments...
__________________
Karl I. Sagal KarlSagal@Gmail.com
Well done is better than well said. (Ben Franklin)
1988 Fleetwood Southwind, 34'
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 10:31 AM   #122
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7365 View Post
Here you go,
One thing I must add is, really I shouldn't of commented at all, as I am usually camped at State/National Parks or dry camping, as a matter of fact, reading this thread is the first time I had heard of a 10 yr thing, so guess it really does not apply to me.
Beautiful coach!!! Congrats!
__________________
Bowtie621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 10:32 AM   #123
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedjjack View Post
my 1983 (32 years old 80,000miles, 6.2L G3500)
Another beautiful coach!!!!
Wow!
__________________
Bowtie621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 11:58 AM   #124
Senior Member
 
kustom's Avatar
 
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: costa rica / river ranch fl.
Posts: 810
87 model

hears ours its a 87 model been to two 10 year only parks looked out the window and said wow never asked year its been rebuilt /remolded top to
bottom going to sell it soon will miss her
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0316.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	265.6 KB
ID:	106768  
__________________
kustom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 01:52 AM   #125
Senior Member
 
Chuck 1935's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Shadow Hills,CA 91040
Posts: 3,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom View Post
hears ours its a 87 model been to two 10 year only parks looked out the window and said wow never asked year its been rebuilt /remolded top to
bottom going to sell it soon will miss her

That is a beauty, nice nice job. No wonder they don't question the age ! After all that work, I'm sure it will be hard to let go of it .
__________________
NOTE; I am not responsible for typos, poor grammer or misspelled word !
04 Itasca, Meridian 34H, 330 Cat/2003 CR V Toad
1933 Ford 3 Window,as seen in Bye Bye Birdie
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 05:44 AM   #126
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Beaufort, SC.
Posts: 19
I bought my older one due to finances, but it is a clean one owner, the stickers are a little worn, I know how to work on cars, I own an hvac company, most people who by new ones don't know which end of s screwdriver to use.
__________________

__________________
hvac45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1979 Dodge Vogue Revival - Motorhome Checklist huda Vintage RV's 9 07-12-2012 05:47 PM
Parks Closing OnCall iRV2.com General Discussion 10 02-12-2010 06:03 PM
Arizona State Parks Closing ChiefJohn Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 2 01-18-2010 11:59 AM
Pennsylvania State Parks to increase campground rates George Miklas Pond Piggies 6 12-18-2007 05:52 PM
500 Parks With Free WiFi JamesOne Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 19 08-18-2006 07:46 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.