Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowcatche View Post
Vintage car's are 1930's or older.
No, "vintage cars" are anything you think is old, or not made anymore. Will vary as to how old the looker or owner or buyer is. Yes , some Car people think 1930 should be a cut off, like say Ford Model A nuts ( actually that would be 1931 ). If you are of the Classic Car Club crowd you spell Classic with a big C 1948 is the cut off and only special expensive models are excepted, its a long story.

All this is not to be confused by what defines an antique automobile or truck, and that would be any vehicle thats 25 years or older . This is a firm standard excepted by all the States, Insurance Companies and the Car Clubs.
darstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2013, 04:24 PM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I just found your thread. And it sounds like you are on your way to a renewal of your 5er. I like pictures, so hopefully you will get some up to show your work. Best luck!
Old 08-21-2013, 06:15 PM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yep,i need to take some pictures of it. We are doing the Beauty and the beast thing. The truck is the beast! It will be better when painted. The trailer,(5th wheel), Is a 1994 fleetwood Wilderness. I don't remember the model but it is 29 foot long not counting the rear bumper. Can't believe we got this one for $1000 bucks. The wood is real oak! I thought it would be particle board. wow. We are still getting stuff from the storage trailer yet. I will get some shots soon, Dan
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #18

Vintage RV Owners Club
Have some shots of new home. Still putting stuff where we can and make up our minds where we are putting stuff in so a couple of shots are messy. Been working on the new truck. Have the new transmission ready for install tomorrow. When i get it home i will show it to you. Here are a few for now. Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camera 438.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	312.4 KB
ID:	44608   Click image for larger version

Name:	camera 436.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	326.3 KB
ID:	44609  

Click image for larger version

Name:	camera 441.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	217.8 KB
ID:	44610  
Old 08-27-2013, 09:01 PM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Does anyone have any experience with wiring going bad in any fleetwood rv's? I have had to run new wire or tap into another wire to get power to some of the outlets that just quit working. I have had to run new wires to two and today i just finished running a new line for three outlets. One other was 12volt. a couple of lines just quit working. I am almost scared to say whats next??? Maybe someone else has had electrical issues to and maybe there was some kind of recall.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:12 PM   #20

Vintage RV Owners Club
Does anyone have any experience with wiring going bad in any fleetwood rv's? I have had to run new wire or tap into another wire to get power to some of the outlets that just quit working. I have had to run new wires to two and today i just finished running a new line for three outlets. One other was 12volt. a couple of lines just quit working. I am almost scared to say whats next??? Maybe someone else has had electrical issues to and maybe there was some kind of recall.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:38 PM   #21

Hi Dan,

Just ran into your thread again and it's good to hear that everything is going relatively well for you and yours.

All is well here but didn't get out camping much this summer due to medical and other issues.

I've lost contact with Julie Mik Got any idea how to get ahold of her or where she's hanging out on the internet these days? I miss all the old group from the forum.

Keep well and get back to me if you can.

2006 Cougar 289 EFS
Firecapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:04 PM   #22

Vintage RV Owners Club
Julie hangs out on Facebook. She has changed her last name. As far as i could see she has shut down even her basement store. She works for some company up there. I know she was having issues with her husband. The kids were ok. Haven't tried to pry.
As for me, We are still getting into this home. We have been throwing old papers and outdated stuff and broken junk for a month now. And while trying to do that i have been working on the new truck. Been doing a lot of cleanup on that truck. It runs great. Been trying to get a speed sensor to work in the TH 400 trans. The 91 has electronic speedometer. Will be heading back to the salvage yards again. I bought a new Dash because the sun had baked the one in it and i will be using a dash mat on it to help with that issue. No big deal. On the home i have had to replace the motherboard in the fridge, some wiring as in past posts and the newest is the fan motor for the furnace. Will have that Tuesday. All coming along slowly. But i am sure we can take a trip sometime this winter or spring. we are leaving Arizona for good. All the familyy here is gone or dead. We have our church family and some friends, but my family wants us to move closer to one of them. We have chosen Texas as it is not too cold down there. I have sis's kids there. I also am planning a trip back east to Maine and West Virginia. Also a side trip to Chicago to see my brat. She has a daughter in New Hampshire. So a nice summer trip. It may be the last time we make that trip. With the cost of fuel and the crazy government who knows what will happen before next spring. anyway, We are going onward, Dan
Old 11-18-2013, 08:57 PM   #23

Vintage RV Owners Club
Wow, I haven't been here for awhile. The truck is getting painted and i have been spending money to really fix it up! The home is coming along fine. The fly in the ointment is a Ford POS!! Its a 94 and would make a good bit of money on parts. Thats where it should have been left. Instead my stupid step sister from hell brought me this bucket of bolts to get it fixed and running.... So far i don't know what will cost the most. The paint job on the truck or the car repairs. I still don't really have it running...yet.... Hope things are going well with everyone on the Vintage rv site. We are slowly getting ready for Christmas at home. We now have room for a 4 foot tree! it fits! There is so many things that have made us like the trailer more and more. More everything!! Feels good to stretch out and not touch anything between the walls! Good home. No leaks and everything works but never say never! Thats when everything goes boom!! Anyway, got to go, Dan
Old 11-18-2013, 09:41 PM   #24

Gulf Streamers Club
God to hear from you again. Sounds like you are keeping on keeping on. I am sitting in MH right now, parked next to my sister's place, about an hour west of Waco, Texas. She let me make a home for the MH, with a cover over it and water, electric, and sewer. Great to be around family. My 94 year old mother lives on the same property. Soon you will be on the road and make it to Texas. Have to admit, I am a little prejudiced towards this state. Happy trails.

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:26 AM   #25

Dan good to see you here
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #26

Vintage RV Owners Club
Haven't been here as much as i can. Deb and i are working on two issues on our health. Deb is still having issues with ?? they still don't know. On me, I will be having surgery the 30th. Some way to enjoy the new years...
On the truck it has had one issue after another. all minor but still being in a pain as i am hurting alot. They said L3-L5 is where they are looking at. The home is coming along fine. We plan to do over the floors. The bench dinette is coming out some time in this next year if i can do it. What are we putting there?? I have been doing the work on a small model railroad layout. A 3'X 5'. that will also leave more than enough for her to have a sewing table and her crafts. We will have a desk for ourselves and we can enjoy our hobbies better. As for the rest of our home there is really nothing happening with it. I still planning to put the new vent fans in but will wait for a little warmer here. Last night was 33 and we just made it in the lower 60's yesterday. Its in the low 50's right now. Now we came here in Arizona to have 30's???
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!! And we can hope for a better new year!! Dan
Old 12-26-2013, 03:38 PM   #27

Dan check P M
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:07 PM   #28

Vintage RV Owners Club
Happy New Year! The surgery went well, I have a little pain on one leg but it feels better all the time. Am not able to do much yet. I have work to do on both vehicles. We are now also looking for a 5X8 Trailer to haul Christmas stuff and hold winter clothes in the summer months and summer clothes in winter. Also she needs to make a place for her fabric. She makes Quilts and other stuff. i need a place to place my hobbies too. I am slowly making a small model railroad. A long way to finish. When i don't feel good, i can work on that, if i can. I love this home way more than the coachmen. it has way more space. But it hasn't near the kitchen space as the coachmen had. We will be changing that. The dinette is a waste of space. not for long. Plans later but not on a back burner. Thats it for now. Dan

Tags
vintage