Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Question Vintage rv

How old does a rv have to be till it can be a Vintage rv??

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2013, 05:56 PM   #2

iRV2 No Limits Club
Vintage car's are 1930's or older.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:20 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
And RV's??
Old 07-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #4

Dan,

Simple answers are for RV's (this is not a solid set of rules)
20yo is vintage
40yo is classic
Pre-war is antique

Camping trailers came on the scene in the Teens.
Travel trailers in the very late twenties, but didn't really catch on after the war.
Motorized were not really manufactured until the very late fifties when Bob Frank started the company that would become Travco.

In those times there were a thousand (literally) companies building short runs of anything imaginable.

Passcar does not go by the same rules as that is a very different area.

So much for today's RV history lesson.

Matt
Old 07-16-2013, 01:49 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Sounds like the 94 Fleetwood Wilderness will fit somewhere on this old vintage site. I know i have a few bugs but it is really in good shape! I have a couple of shots but i have to find them. My computer is going to the storage tomorrow and with that and a few other things will be all empty. They can pick it up after that time.We can't move in till the 2nd of August , So we are gong camping, and maybe fishing and swimming. As long as we have a good time, its all good!! Well report when we can get a computer together. Dan
Old 07-16-2013, 08:50 PM   #6

Gulf Streamers Club
On this site, 20 is considered vintage, Hope you catch a fish.

ronspradley
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:15 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
20 years old was decided as vintage on iRV2. Some other sites say 25 years.

Ken
Old 07-17-2013, 10:43 PM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
ok, Answered the question. I hope to catch a ocean of fish!!
Old 07-30-2013, 10:21 PM   #9

Vintage RV Owners Club
I am doing this on my smart phone. We got up to the lakes and there was no water. The lake was over 30 foot low. We rode the weather storms till Sunday( a week ago). We lost the tent with that storm. So came back to the court and borrowed a rv till we can get into our new home. If this wasn't bad enough we found out someone had gained into the bank account and got us for around $250 before the bank started asking questions. Don't know for sure but looks like the motel up in globe. They made copys of the card and her id card as well. The tripper is the bank knew we were here and there was things poppping up from Maryland. We are having the warrents done tomorrow and then it is in the hands of the bank and the dps here in tucson. Will let you know about what they found out later. We should be in our new home Saturday. Later all, dan
Old 07-31-2013, 03:01 PM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thumbs down

Came to find out that there were 3 on-line sites that they used the card. We took both cards and cut them up and in a few days will have new cards. What next???? ....
Old 08-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #11

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yea!!

We got to look all over today. They all moved out today. So i need to get a fridge motherboard..$150. Some cranks for the windows. The crank for the antenna and replace all the old lights with new fluorescent lights.we have them. We bought a new mattress for our bedroom. Got some of the work done outside but we can finish it later. big moving in tomorrow. We couldn't today as we had rain on and off all day. don't know how much luck we will have tomorrow. All fun. will continue tomorrow, Dan
Old 08-15-2013, 10:05 PM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, The Fridge is fixed, Ran into another issue. The 110 volt side of the fridge was not hot. Pulled new 1 wire to it from the power box. Fridge works on 110 and 12 volt/gas. Found one other issue. the 12 volt side in the bathroom wasn't hot the ceiling fan and the light was not getting juice so again i pulled wire for them. Have all power in bath working.All fluorescent lights working. Next planned is the ceiling fans in living room and bedroom. Fantastic fans both I hope that 12 volt is installed already. I cleaned the a/c vent out and what a sight! I am thinking that they never cleaned or washed the filter since??? I have a better cooling unit now. I have a new fridge vent i still need to replace and have the new one. I am trying to remember how to get pictures here as it has been a long time since i did. I am getting rid of my old 69 chevy and am doing another friend a favor i get his truck and he gets mine. Sweet ride. It even has a/c!! Heavy duty and all that was wrong was a old alarm that has quit working. I had the truck running in no time. I pulled the 700R4 trans out and am putting in a th400 transmission. It can handle 20,000 total weight with trailer. Trailer is 10000 pds max. He is trading the 6 cylinder for a V-8 in that 69, I traded the 700r4 trans for a 5th wheel hitch with the rails and all. All around we all got what was needed or wanted depended on the point of view. My new to me truck is a 91 silverado. Its loaded! Not bad looking. no rust or bad damage. A 3/4 ton model. Thats it for now, Dan
Old 08-15-2013, 10:12 PM   #13

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, The Fridge is fixed, Ran into another issue. The 110 volt side of the fridge was not hot. Pulled new 1 wire to it from the power box. Fridge works on 100 and 12 volt/gas. Found one other issue. the 12 volt side in the bathroom wasn't hot the ceiling fan and the light was not getting juice so again i pulled wire for them. Have all power in bath working.All fluorescent lights working. Next planned is the ceiling fans in living room and bedroom. Fantastic fans both I hope that 12 volt is installed already. I cleaned the a/c vent out and what a sight! I am thinking that they never cleaned or washed the filter since??? I have a better cooling unit now. I have a new fridge vent i still need to replace and have the new one. I am trying to remember how to get pictures here as it has been a long time since i did. I am getting rid of my old 69 chevy and am doing another friend a favor i get his truck and he gets mine. Sweet ride. It even has A/c!! Heavy duty and all that was wrong was a old alarm that has quit working. I had the truck running in no time. I pulled the 700R4 trans out and am putting in a th400 transmission. It can handle 20,00 total weight with trailer. Trailer is 10000 pds max. He is trading the 6 cylinder for a V-8 in that 69, I traded the 700r4 trans for a 5th wheel hitch with the rails and all. All around we all got what was needed or wanted depended on the point of view. My new to me truck is a 91 silverado. Its loaded! Not bad looking. no rust or bad damage. A 3/4 ton model. Thats it for now, Dan
Old 08-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #14

Vintage RV Owners Club
Wow, i am tired of pulling wire. The only two connections that was easy was the subwoofer and center channel. The rest were no fun. Have it all done. sounds great but the sub has a rattle in the cabinet. I put a old towel around it to stop it. not to bad sometimes it really blows the bass to a new level. It does sound better than when it was in the other rv. The weather has slowed anything on the roof. I haven't worked on the truck for now. not like we are moving the home yet. Got two weeks to get it running so i have plenty of time yet.Tired, burned out. Later, dan

Tags
vintage