Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2018, 05:16 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Vintage RV Meets

Well, the search feature keeps turning off as soon as the keyboard appears, so I'll try it this way.
Since we (both the MH and I) have crossed over into vintage territory, how do I find information on RV meets for vintage coaches?
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2018, 07:13 AM   #2

I also have a vintage rv (1986 Winnebago Elandan) . I have found that while there are lots of vintage trailer rallies vintage motorhome rallies are very rare.
MotorPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 10:39 AM   #3

I didn't realize an 86 was vintage! What does that make my 71 Winnebago ? Just came back from 3300 mile trip through Oregon, Washington and Idaho.....ken
kenautoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 12:04 PM   #4

Really old!!.........LOL. Most places say vintage is anything over 25 years others say 30. Some camp grounds seem to think anything over ten years is ancient . I guess vintage is in the eye of the beholder.
MotorPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 05:14 PM   #5

I have a 91 so its 27. Maybe we can get some interest here and plan our own impromptu Vintage Rally. Kind of a run what ya brung event.
Old 02-10-2018, 02:49 PM   #6

To All,

We just bought a one-owner 1986 Holiday Rambler Imperial 33 (with a 454CI Chevy engine) yesterday PM & one of the things that we find "somewhat peculiar", while we were "looking about The Worldwideweird" for a suitable MH, is that there seems to be FEW events for those of us who have antique coaches.
("My Twin", as Darla calls our "new to us" HR, will be licensed as a TX Antique Vehicle on 12FEB18.)

Btw, do any of our members have any idea of how many Holiday Ramblers like ours were built & how many are still "on the road".
(After 32 years, I suspect that the answer is: Not that many.)

yours, Darla/Jim

Thomas Jefferson, 1803
jfreemanTMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 07:57 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello,

There are a number of us here who started what we call "Meet & Greet" because we became friends here on a vintage thread. Not all of us are vintage if you consider 25 yrs vintage but we are all over the place with coach ages and all over the United States, Alberta, and Thailand.

Our first M&G was in Kentucky in August of 2017. Our second will be in South Dakota in August 2018. If you want to check it out, go to "Good Morning Meet & Greet" thread and this years starts around page #62 for booking info.

There is always room for more. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 04:57 AM   #8

I would love to be involved in a meet up for old coaches once my old girl is back on the road. 77 Pace Arrow here. We're redoing the siding this spring due to pinpoint corrosion (stupid raw insulation lol).
Whitterz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 06:50 PM   #9

Hope you don't mind a suggestion.

This may or may not work for you. When we did the restoration of My HiLo I was told to seal the fiberglass from the inside with bondo. I got some 3M liquid bondo at our local auto paint store. It was put on using a chip brush. Use a respirator and very good ventilation. It dried rock hard and sealed up any pinpoint holes that you might not even be able to see. Look up 3M bondo on the internet. This might save you from having to replace siding. We are dry and leak free after many years.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 03:10 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfreemanTMN View Post
To All,

We just bought a one-owner 1986 Holiday Rambler Imperial 33 (with a 454CI Chevy engine) yesterday PM & one of the things that we find "somewhat peculiar", while we were "looking about The Worldwideweird" for a suitable MH, is that there seems to be FEW events for those of us who have antique coaches.
("My Twin", as Darla calls our "new to us" HR, will be licensed as a TX Antique Vehicle on 12FEB18.)

Btw, do any of our members have any idea of how many Holiday Ramblers like ours were built & how many are still "on the road".
(After 32 years, I suspect that the answer is: Not that many.)

yours, Darla/Jim
More than you would think! The HR imperial was a top line coach in it's day and extremely well built! You can look at the old coaches and you see a lot of HR's, Tiffins, and Winnebagos. Gives you an idea of who were making good coaches!

I would love to find a vintage coach rally in the Southeast. We are in Birmingham and I'm about halfway through the gut and remodel of our 1989 Tiffin 32 Basement
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180102_100826_HDR.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	483.4 KB
ID:	194872  
Viciousharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 08:16 AM   #11

Vintage RV Owners Club
I found that a lot of the vintage rallies are advised for trailers. I have also found that a lot of them do accept Motor Coaches. You have to get on the waiting list and might not get in this year they fill up fast. Some are age specific.

After saying that it would be great to have vintage rallies for Motor Coaches
Snufy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:26 PM   #12

Does it count to park next to another older mh or trailer and shoot the s&*t? Nah...we should be doing that ANYWAY.

Funny how often the owner of one of these brand spankers mh's comes over and admires our dusty (from road love) 94 HR, dog ears and all. I think there's a little green monster there, since so many of these newer rigs look so similar, while the older ones have some individuality and character to them.

We love our Big A.
ArgoPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 08:51 AM   #13

Vintage RV Owners Club
I agree they come by and want to know all about it
And all the new ones all look alike except for the paint
Snufy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vintage