Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-03-2015, 12:27 PM   #71

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Gordon,

I sent him an E-mail and got a reply. Just waiting on pics or where he has it posted at so I can see what it looks like. Wish it wasn't in CA but I have time coming off in May and could go if it is as good as it sounds. I really want a Winnebago after looking at and driving so many.

I also don't want to get into payments with everything paid off now so plan to buy older and pay cash for it. She won't be new, but it will be paid for and nice.

Have a great evening and Easter, Lynne
Fingers crossed for you. A trip to CA would be OK if you can get the price you are comfortable with.

Have a great Easter as well. We are in "quarantine" so will be celebrating Easter with just the two of us. Janet has a time for surgery on Monday so we are trying to avoid her getting a cold or virus.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2015, 02:12 PM   #72

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Fingers crossed for you. A trip to CA would be OK if you can get the price you are comfortable with.

Have a great Easter as well. We are in "quarantine" so will be celebrating Easter with just the two of us. Janet has a time for surgery on Monday so we are trying to avoid her getting a cold or virus.
Gordon/Janet, best wishes on the surgery. Hope all goes well. Enjoy your Easter weekend while in quarantine.

Mike.

zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 11:36 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Gordon,

I sent him an E-mail and got a reply. Just waiting on pics or where he has it posted at so I can see what it looks like. Wish it wasn't in CA but I have time coming off in May and could go if it is as good as it sounds. I really want a Winnebago after looking at and driving so many.

I also don't want to get into payments with everything paid off now so plan to buy older and pay cash for it. She won't be new, but it will be paid for and nice.

Have a great evening and Easter, Lynne
If by CA, you mean California, can you say what area of the state? We are in S. Cal. If it is near us, we could check it out for you. I posted early on in this thread regarding our virtually new vintage Bounder. We have no interest in a Winnie.
Old 04-06-2015, 05:43 PM   #74

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thank you Ed, but he still hasn't sent me the pics I asked for yet, so not going there. I'll find it when the time is right but really appreciate your offer.
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:13 AM   #75

Morning All! Hope all went well with Janet's surgery! Not much to say today , just hoping everyone can enjoy today! Bobby
Old 05-05-2015, 08:07 AM   #76

I gave my RV a hug today! After brousing this site and reading all of the complaints about the things on "new" rigs that don't work, I am appreciating repairing the broken things on mine. At least mine lasted 23 years and not 23 minutes.
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 05:03 PM   #77

Winnebago Owners Club
Well, let's see;

My house is 72 years old. My bicycle is 36 years old, my marriage is 29 years old, my daily driver (Isuzu Trooper) is 26 years old (w/325,000+ miles), my wife's Camry is 15 years old (only 30K miles), my dog is 14, my cat is 13, my motorcycles are all 9 years old (3).

See a pattern emerging here?

My Winnebago is only 21 years old. It works for us. Why would I change it?

I do keep a shiny new Chevy Silverado around for those times when society dictates.
Enjoying the simple life w/a 1994 Winnebago Brave 31RQ (A). Past RVs; RoadTrek (B), Starcraft Pop-up, Coachmen (C), MinnieWinnie (C) and an American Something-or-other (TT). Started it all off as a teenager in a 1964 Apache Pop-up we named Wag Along.
minibike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 12:30 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibike View Post
...I do keep a shiny new Chevy Silverado around for those times when society dictates.
What a sellout!
Old 09-03-2015, 10:01 PM   #79

Seen your remark on vintage rvs, about newer ones having slides. We mupgrade and got one with a slide, and believe me, it deteriorated quickly. Fast enough to make us anti-slide.. They eventually create more problem then it is worth if you plan on keeping your rv for a long time. Ours started sagging within the first 3 years.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:44 AM   #80

Thank you for your input Kathy. I just wonder if sagging slides is a common problem with most RVs or maybe yours was the exception. We are sticking to our no slide older RV for now.
MO Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 10:34 AM   #81

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Many choose to drive vintage RV's..

The one thing that irks me is the 10 year parks "How old is your RV?", "25 years.. We have a rule no RV's over 10 years".

When I hear that I park elsewhere (Even when the rig was closer to 10 months) I figure they do not have enough sites so they need to restrict access thus they need not my business.

Other side: Most of last year I was parked across from a Gorgeous RV, I mean this thing was absolutly beautiful.. It was also 24 years old.. (A blue Bird built to last) at one point it was parked next to one a few years newer and every bit as lovely. I mean these rides were beautiful.

But they can not park in a 10 year park. (My opinion of those park owners I will not post.. And thus I will save the moderaters work).
Old 09-04-2015, 10:48 AM   #82

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Many choose to drive vintage RV's..

The one thing that irks me is the 10 year parks "How old is your RV?", "25 years.. We have a rule no RV's over 10 years".

When I hear that I park elsewhere (Even when the rig was closer to 10 months) I figure they do not have enough sites so they need to restrict access thus they need not my business.

Other side: Most of last year I was parked across from a Gorgeous RV, I mean this thing was absolutly beautiful.. It was also 24 years old.. (A blue Bird built to last) at one point it was parked next to one a few years newer and every bit as lovely. I mean these rides were beautiful.

But they can not park in a 10 year park. (My opinion of those park owners I will not post.. And thus I will save the moderaters work).
It may well be the park "owners", not the managers who have that rule. Many of these parks sell lots and it is the lot owners who elect to discriminate. Some will allow an exception if you supply pictures of your coach. I don't own a $1mil Newell and probably never will. But really, the $100+/night rent does a pretty good job of policing the clientelle, in my opinion. At least is keeps our 15 year old beauty out of them.

Flaunt it if you got it and pick your neighbors. It is America, isn't it?
Old 09-04-2015, 03:58 PM   #83

We have had our 1990 Barth for nearly 4 years and have put 25k miles on it. I have never been asked one time how old my RV is when making a reservation or pulling in. Guess we have been lucky so far and it may happen in the future.

Getting back to the previous topic on slides.... are there any war stories, good or bad owing an RV with slides? We have been looking at slides but just can't seem to pull the trigger. And, we never had one, so I can't comment.
MO Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 05:48 PM   #84

Vintage RV Owners Club
I'm probably in the minority here since I basically am the definition of trailer trash. I ended up moving onto a friend's farm and needed space to sleep, etc. and a friend of a friend had an old 1991 rockwood class A sitting under a carport next to their barn.

I bought it and we moved it 30 miles to its current destination. (didn't make it 30 miles and had to park it at an automotive shop because the brakes were frozen up and about to catch fire)

Since then there's been a lot of cleaning and weatherproofing work done and I'm hoping to have my propane heat and plumbing(water) sorted out sometime before winter since the handy man around here is never around when you need him and I don't have many options since losing my job in May.

I would like to see it road worthy again someday but basically I'm living out of it fulltime in one spot for the foreseeable future and fixing things up as I can get to them on limited resources. I can at least say that I own my own home but it's not saying much.

as tiny house it's not that bad and the bed is quite comfortable. I'm glad I don't have slides to worry about since that's just a whole new ball of wax to worry about being sealed against the weather. I'm just hoping I can handle Missouri winters in this thing.
I kind of have a habit of buying broken down problem children (antiques, etc) and giving them a useful purpose again. It's nice seeing this thing come back from the dead one system at a time and becoming more like a home each day. (and not just a home but a self contained home that has its own backup power)

Tags
vintage