Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:42 AM   #15

Not sure on the translation, but it sounds like you are asking him for a warranty? If so, it's not very likely that's going to happen - even if it were 20 years newer?

If you want something in that price range, you had better prepare yourself to accept a coach on an as is/where is basis. To do that, you would probably want to know about existing problems to determine it's value? If you are not able to do an inspection that might allow you to determine it's condition or value, you can hire people to do that for you? Experts that can go over the chassis and coach carefully, and provide you with a pretty good idea of where the coach is at as far as general condition, and what you might expect right away from a maintenance perspective?

Traditionally, the responsibility for doing this is up to the purchaser, not the seller. I think it's a good idea to check the coach out in person, and if still interested, arrange for a proper inspection by yourself, or by experts you hire locally.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2013, 07:45 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by amor y paz View Post
What do you think? The seller tells me: He donīt back my money. I think he only fix the carburetors and thats all. I live in Mexico and I sped a lot of money with the travel, the question is: What can do if you are in my situation?
I don't know what the engine problems were when you went to see it. If you went back to look again, would you really KNOW they were fixed?

When there the first time, did you checked to make sure all the coach systems and appliances were working? Do you know enough about all of them to be sure? Did you check for water damage? How old are the tires? New ones can cost $2500 or more. Tread doesn't matter, it's recommended they be changed after 7-8 years.

The coach is old and things will go wrong. Once you buy it "as is", it's yours and no going back to the seller, that's just the way it is.

I have to agree with ahicks. It would be much safer for you to hire an RV inspector to completely go over the RV and give you a written report. If it passes to your needs, you can then negociate a proper price to fix the things it needs. Last time I looked, it was about $350 for an inspection, which you could figure into the price you are willing to pay.

clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:00 AM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Hello dear members, I live in Mexico City, last week I brought a Vogue Class A, 33ft, 1979 with Dodge 440 engine
Quote:
He donīt back my money.
(He won't return my money)
I think he only fix the carburetors and thats all.
I believe the OP already bought (brought) the coach and the seller refuses to refund the money. If we knew where the coach was located, we could recommend an honest, inexpensive mechanic in that area.
RedWing Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #18

Vintage RV Owners Club
Tankīs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing Nut View Post
I believe the OP already bought (brought) the coach and the seller refuses to refund the money. If we knew where the coach was located, we could recommend an honest, inexpensive mechanic in that area.
Dear Member, I really appreciate your interest for help me, this Vogue is in Moreno Valley CA, but my brother lives in Bakersfield CA, please tell me if you know an honest and inexpensive mechanic in this areas
Best Regards
Omar
Old 07-04-2013, 09:51 PM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Tank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyon51 View Post
I don't know what the engine problems were when you went to see it. If you went back to look again, would you really KNOW they were fixed?

When there the first time, did you checked to make sure all the coach systems and appliances were working? Do you know enough about all of them to be sure? Did you check for water damage? How old are the tires? New ones can cost $2500 or more. Tread doesn't matter, it's recommended they be changed after 7-8 years.

The coach is old and things will go wrong. Once you buy it "as is", it's yours and no going back to the seller, that's just the way it is.

I have to agree with ahicks. It would be much safer for you to hire an RV inspector to completely go over the RV and give you a written report. If it passes to your needs, you can then negociate a proper price to fix the things it needs. Last time I looked, it was about $350 for an inspection, which you could figure into the price you are willing to pay.
Hello appreciated Member, maybe the best solution is contact an expert in old motorhomes to have a real diagnostic for this motorhome, please let me know if you knows someone in Moreno Valley CA or Bakersfield CA.

Best Regards
Omar
Old 07-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Hello appreciated Member, maybe the best solution is contact an expert in old motorhomes to have a real diagnostic for this motorhome, please let me know if you knows someone in Moreno Valley CA or Bakersfield CA.

Best Regards
Omar
Here are a few which say they do California, you would need to contact them to see if they will come to those cities. Some of these just do inspections. Some are RV service centers but also do pre-purchase inspections.

http://rvsurvey.com/

http://www.rvsurvey.com/affiliates.html

http://www.rvinspector.net/contents/en-us/d7.html

http://rcrvrepair.com/

http://venturarvservice.com/
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #21

Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Here is a list of service reviews for California.

RV Service Reviews
RedWing Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:10 AM   #22

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing Nut View Post
Here is a list of service reviews for California.

RV Service Reviews
Hello appreciated member,

Thank you so much for your help, I think my problem is not so big with people like you,
I need to accept I am an amateur in this business
of MOTORHOMES, but is not a mistake, is a live
lesson. I will call with Ventura RV repair to fix the
Most important Problems, and I think the owner
Needs to fix some cosmetic thinks to establish a
connection with my little Castor (these is his name)
Thank you again, please be in contact!