Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2013, 08:03 PM   #1

water pump wiring and new tank monitor system

My coach has to pump switches one by the kitchen and one in the head/sink room. Does anyone know if ether switch should turn on the pump no matter what state the other switch is in. On my unit I got the front switch to turn on the pump but for this to work the one in the head with must also be on. The head switch will not energize the pump at all.

I am rewiring the switch area and have no schematics to go by. I have traced all the connectors but two or three one is brown and it will show 12 volts when the head switch in the on position.

RICK
onevw is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by onevw View Post
My coach has to pump switches one by the kitchen and one in the head/sink room. Does anyone know if ether switch should turn on the pump no matter what state the other switch is in. On my unit I got the front switch to turn on the pump but for this to work the one in the head with must also be on. The head switch will not energize the pump at all.

I am rewiring the switch area and have no schematics to go by. I have traced all the connectors but two or three one is brown and it will show 12 volts when the head switch in the on position.

RICK
I have 4 water pump switches. They are momentary spring loaded switches and each works independent of the other. Should be able to turn on at one switch and off at another - or vice versa.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:46 AM   #3

Do your switches toggle to on or off and stay in the position you push them or are they spring loaded and release after you push them? If the former, those are wired exactly like multiple light switches would be in your house using 3 way switches - or they could each be wired directly to the pump. If the latter, there is a pump controller (somewhere) which could be bad.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:33 AM   #4

On off type switch not the momentary type.
Thanks
RICK
onevw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wiring, water, water pump, tank