Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-16-2016, 03:22 PM   #1

Welp, I bit the bullet and bought an ol' travel trailer

Hey all!

Just wanted to express my gratitude for a place like this for me to learn and share.

I just bought a 1950 Spartan Royal Mansion, totally gutted, and am pretty excited for making this into our next home.

Just a little background...

I'm a musician & restaurant owner. My partner & I started out in a 1700sqft home, then moved down to an 800sqft home, now in a 500sqft apartment and our next move is this almost 300sqft trailer. I just sold my restaurant and now have this as a full time gig

I've built ol' vehicles before, but never a trailer, and especially not a huge aluminum anything. So, I'm sure I'll have more questions than help to provide, but I wanna share some of the triumphs here, too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1629.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	302.3 KB
ID:	124240   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1620.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	315.6 KB
ID:	124241  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1616.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	353.2 KB
ID:	124242  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2016, 03:35 PM   #2

Pretty snazzy on the outside. I like the classic aluminum shell. That's quite a project, but gives you the opportunity to make a house as you want it and not as somebody else envisioned it decades ago. What are you thinking of doing in terms of overall style/form/function?

Old 04-16-2016, 03:43 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
WOW, what a beauty this thing is going to be!

There is a guy on here who has done a lot of TT conversions and his wife does the decorating and they are beautiful! If you can find any old threads by "bap", look into it because he is a genius at this! There is also a thread called "Total Rebuild" that takes a bit to read, but well worth your time.

Terry has done some pretty amazing things to his that he redid and the guys on the thread with him have been a big help. Join in and I think you will find a wealth of info there.

Best of luck and please keep posting pictures as there are many of us that love to watch your progress! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 03:44 PM   #4

Good luck with this beautiful project....check out the total rebuild thread lots of info on that one that could be helpful....lots of great folks on here giving good helpful advice please share ad much progress as you can will be following your progress..

Nk
Old 04-17-2016, 08:30 AM   #5

Sweet! Thanks all!!
Old 04-17-2016, 09:16 AM   #6

A lot of work there but it can be done. I envy you and in my opinion you have pick a trailer that is worth all the work when yo get done you will have a beautiful trailer.
Old 04-17-2016, 10:26 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Very nice, are you going to be traveling? Or just leaving it in one spot? Many many years ago I lived in a trailer like that, love the round door windows
93 Monaco Dynasty 300HP (for now)
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 11:15 AM   #8

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
That is quite a beauty, and you are free to make the living space however you want it to fit your needs. Please keep up with pictures of your progress, and like Bemis said, if you have any questions we will be glad to try to help.
Frank
Franka548 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 12:47 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
tingull,

As you can see from the responses, there is a lot of interest in anyone remodeling these old beauties.

The people who have responded you will find on the other threads I mentioned. Terry is the creator of "Total Rebuild" and Frank and Mkoler30 have been a great resource to him. Now that they have found your thread there will be lot's of suggestions and help.

I really look forward to watching your redo. Going to be amazing when you are done.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 11:10 PM   #10

Old Sparten Manner

This will sure keep you busy for several years. This forum will be helpful as it is for all things aluminum. Airstream Trailer & Motorhome Owners Community Many have done what you are about to do. Do a search and read back posts. Another great group of friendly helpful people.
Old 04-18-2016, 07:52 AM   #11

I think the hardest part is finding the Floorplan that you will love after that with a blank canvas you have the rest is just art!!!

Mk

Tags
travel trailer, travel