Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2007, 05:43 PM   #1

I recently had information sent to me for the West System Epoxy. I need to build replacement waste holding tanks for our vintage Class C (they are practice tanks for the ones we have to build for the bus and nothing I can find pre-molded will fit in the available space.. www.boatus.com article on how to build a marine waste holding tank is how I found out about West System.. that and a lot of searches thru marine websites). You might be interested in a really good repair system for metal and fiberglass, go to www.westsystem.com and order their Free literature on the West System (tells you how to use) as well as #002-550 Fiberglass Boat Repair & Maintenance which will cost you a whopping $4.25 according to the 2006-2007 Price List I received. In the lterature I received from ww.westsystem.com I ran across a pamplet called "Fiberglass Boat Repairs with West System Epoxy: 7 Common Problems and Do-it-yourself Solutions" Imagine my surprise to find Solution #3 Repairing cored deck, hull and bulkhead delamination. Apparently the same delamination that is occuring on RVs also occurs on fiberglass boats. So those of you who are interested in doing their own delamination repairs might want to get the Fiberglass Boat Repair pamplet. I also received a couple of their Epoxyworks semiannual magazine with great articles and beautiful pictures of boats (among other items). Catalog #000-605 $Free$ (USA & Canada only) 3 yr (6 issues) subscription. Given the great info in the magazine that will translate over to RV use, it's something I am signing up for.
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2007, 05:43 PM   #2

I recently had information sent to me for the West System Epoxy. I need to build replacement waste holding tanks for our vintage Class C (they are practice tanks for the ones we have to build for the bus and nothing I can find pre-molded will fit in the available space.. www.boatus.com article on how to build a marine waste holding tank is how I found out about West System.. that and a lot of searches thru marine websites). You might be interested in a really good repair system for metal and fiberglass, go to www.westsystem.com and order their Free literature on the West System (tells you how to use) as well as #002-550 Fiberglass Boat Repair & Maintenance which will cost you a whopping $4.25 according to the 2006-2007 Price List I received. In the lterature I received from ww.westsystem.com I ran across a pamplet called "Fiberglass Boat Repairs with West System Epoxy: 7 Common Problems and Do-it-yourself Solutions" Imagine my surprise to find Solution #3 Repairing cored deck, hull and bulkhead delamination. Apparently the same delamination that is occuring on RVs also occurs on fiberglass boats. So those of you who are interested in doing their own delamination repairs might want to get the Fiberglass Boat Repair pamplet. I also received a couple of their Epoxyworks semiannual magazine with great articles and beautiful pictures of boats (among other items). Catalog #000-605 $Free$ (USA & Canada only) 3 yr (6 issues) subscription. Given the great info in the magazine that will translate over to RV use, it's something I am signing up for.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:16 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Lorna, They helped me save my boat I had about 12 Years ago. I'd forgot all about them, Sorry. There system is very good and I'm sure it's even better now as they have even better systems now compared to back then. Good luck with your tanks. I got the mold at bay and tomorrow should all be gone. I should have the electrical done by this weekend and I will be still under construction,but We can move back in to sleep at night.It's been a pain with 1 channel and dvds or the computer as our only enjoyment. Check in later, Capt.
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:03 PM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Capt. Dan:
...but We can move back in to sleep at night... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Priorities, priorities!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...It's been a pain with 1 channel and dvds or the computer as our only enjoyment... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> That's what we have!! or did have. When the tornado tore up Americus, we lost our PBS channel (must have trashed the relay tower). Now we only have DVD's. With the amount we are buying every week (cheapies from Wal-mart) David is reconsidering getting a dish!!
Old 03-14-2007, 03:11 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yep, Know what ya mean. As we get back a little more to normal,I plan the dish again,Only HD this time. I got a sinus cold that I wish I could get rid of. It's getting worse instead of better and its all treated and I'm waiting for it to dry so I can use the Protector on it. That keeps mold from ever starting up again. I've been using a respirator thats for mold and I'm still getting sick! I've been told that if this continues till Monday, go to the hospital and get a shot.I can't see how it is still getting to me as the floors are sprayed and the tile is too.You can't use full strength on tile. Its 1 cup to a gallon of water. On everything else,including the walls was full strength! I hope the break tomorrow will help. I have to go down to the machine shop and get the heads and new parts and then I can start putting my engine back together...Again! I'll talk later as I need to lay down and take a couple of pills and see if this headake will go away. Later,Capt.
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:54 PM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Capt. Dan:
Yep, Know what ya mean. As we get back a little more to normal,I plan the dish again,Only HD this time... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If we had the big TV (one of the 64" wide ones) with us, I MIGHT opt for the HD. But I don't think it would fit in our little RV and I also don't think Stacey will turn it loose (Fantastic for watching letterbox movies which is why we got it in the first place). We have a little 20" screen LCD and the HD just isn't worth it for that small of a screen. But we move back to GA Vet's SP (across the street) on Sunday because the house is getting a new roof and we will have TV again for two weeks (or longer)!!!

Maybe you need to take a couple of days off to get over being sick. I always tell my kids it is better to rest alot when sick to allow the mdecines you are taking to do their job and to allow your body to channel it's energies into fighting off the illness.