Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmugsshow View Post
I think solar panels would have been a better investment rather than adding that much weight.
That's fine, with enough panels, and a mounting system that keeps them in the sun and aimed properly...

AS to weight, we often carry LOTS of heavy fresh and waste water- with few concerns - and simply adding *2* "extra" batteries to the 2 most commonly used that are already there, isn't that large an increase - and provides added power, day, OR night, as needed or desired...
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2012, 06:19 AM   #128

Monaco Owners Club
My 2 Trojan T-105s weigh 124 lbs. I will be adding 2 more in the near future and have no problem adding another 124 lbs. If I did, I would carry 55 gals of water while on the road instead of 70. I could carry less beer, but that ain't gonna happen Besides, being able to boon 5 days without running the genny is worth it.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #129

Can't do anything today with this windy storm raining all over south florida, hope everyone up in the NE is all battened down, you are gonna get wet.
Bilito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:02 AM   #130

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmy777 View Post
I've been working on our little RV painting the outside,fixing the leaky roof, painting the inside with yummy,warm fall colors and I painted a big blue butterfly on the outside to make it feel personal. Inside, I tore out the booth seating and instead (for comfort) jimmy-riged a loveseat i found at a garage sale. I tore the couch apart and rebuilt it to sit along the back but under the couch ruffle houses a pull out foot ottoman and clothes basket. I also picked up a folding down table and mounted it along the wall so it could be lifted in front of the couch when a table is needed. When using the table, the ottoman can serve as seating for the opposite side of the table. Also have been lining the inside walls with wood paneling because the walls were so horrible looking it made my skin crawl and it really needed a fresh look if I'm going to be spending time in it. Also tore out the upper shelving to build a slim bed above the couch for my daughter to sleep on. The rv is so small that I figure every space needs to be completely functionable. Oh also replaced the flooring and tore out the closet area to add a small desk and chair for doing homework or housing the computer. I'm so excited with how this little ugly camper has transformed into a sweet little home away from home. God is good
Great pictures and great work!
Old 10-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #131

New 30,000 btu Suburban furnace today. Only took a hour to r and r. The OEM was not always lighting and when I pulled it to bench test I noticed the ground wire was overheating on both sides of the plug. I checked and it was only drawing 3 amps, don't know why the overheat. In the interest of safety I went with a new unit.

The new is nice and quiet too.
DonDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #132

Winterized the RV's - no more outings now 'til Spring - drained water, blew air thru the water lines to flush them - drained the hot water heater, poured anti-freeze into P-traps and added some to black and grey tanks. and installed solar panels on the MH - a 2-amp panel for the engine battery, and a 5.5-amp panel for the 2 deep-cycle coach batteries. The pair of deep cycle batteries on the KIT 5er are on a timer-controlled trickle charger:

Now, they'll sleep secure for NEXT season!
Old 10-26-2012, 07:15 PM   #133

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quitting already so soon? Ah! well, finished most of the little things and started loading for our first outing this year. Will fill the water tank, fire up the fridge and load the perishables next week. No camp grounds open so it'll be boon docking and parking lots all the way. Will be putting up a new spice rack tomorrow.
Cheers
Willey
WilleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:23 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilleyB View Post
Quitting already so soon? Ah! well, finished most of the little things and started loading for our first outing this year. Will fill the water tank, fire up the fridge and load the perishables next week. No camp grounds open so it'll be boon docking and parking lots all the way. Will be putting up a new spice rack tomorrow.
Cheers
Willey
We've had snow every day here the last 3 days - not a lot, but enough to let us know the RVing season is over - at least in this area where we do most of ours...

NOW, ordinarily about now, I'd be wishing we were down in Florida for the Winter again - but Sandy has sorta changed my mind about that, too...
Old 10-27-2012, 05:06 AM   #135

Monaco Owners Club
Finished a very long summer list of up grades, to numerous to mention, by re-caulking all the windows, sea foaming the genny and a 30 min workout. Then to the gas station to top off fuel and propane. $3.42 for gas, not bad for central Mi. Now we are ready to head to Florida in a few weeks.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:20 AM   #136

Winnebago Owners Club
Replaced all the broken window latches.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:47 PM   #137

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
NOW, ordinarily about now, I'd be wishing we were down in Florida for the Winter again - but Sandy has sorta changed my mind about that, too...
I hear you on that one! For awhile we thought it would pass along the Bay of Fundy and that wouldn't be good for us. Better off home than in a small RV. Then I cut down some aspen trees that the Power Co. warned me about having to pay if they took down the power line.
Didn't get the spice rack up but filled one of the spice bottles . But I did get the the little genny mounted and load tested. Going to hold off travel until next Thursday just in case the storm changes track.

Cheers
Willey
WilleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:58 PM   #138

Finished installing my dash heater controls. After replacing the selector, the face place mounting tabs were just so broken that it wouldn't stay mounted. I used some JB Weld and some metal strapping to secure all the bits. Works great and looks like it should. Also replaced the ball valve and seals on the toilet. What a day, LOL.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:45 PM   #139

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
done till spring

I get bored and missing it --so I just sit in it , turn music up run the generator and read until next trip---maybe in Dec.Had a lot done/ did a lot to it past 3 months, even waxed it by hand. Just tested it up and down mountains the other day--did great. Doing more/ spending more money on it in the spring.--Vince
vscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:13 AM   #140

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Spent the night in the Holiday on my driveway I sure miss the summer camping season so from time to time we have a campout on the driveway
jkelly116 is offline   Reply With Quote