Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-27-2015, 01:47 PM   #1485

Monaco Owners Club
Have any of you ever emptied out your motorhome before selling it?

It's like MOVING!! HOURS of emptying our stuff out of it. I couldn't believe it. I'd like to
know how heavy all that stuff was. Geez. The old girl felt like a hot rod going back to storage last night.

So she's empty. Ready to go. She will be delivered to the new owners this weekend.

Bittersweet.

castrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2015, 04:17 PM   #1486

Quote:
Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
man I love hearing about people fixing things and using them instead of just throwing them in the dump and buying a new thing from China (or wherever)

We need to get back to a more sustainable frame of mind.
I have never been one to run away from something that is broken Bill. It makes me happy when I can fix something that others say "it's too broken to fix", most of the time it's not a lot of money, mostly my labor and I have always enjoyed working on things. Too much of our lives are consumed by the newest thing which keeps us broke! I like older cars and being able to work on them, my other half inherited a 2013 Ford Escape , it took me 20 minutes to find the battery so I could jump somebody, no thanks! Then I find out we can't tow itbehind the MH, so to me it is junk. Now the car manufacturers are trying to get the government to give them copyright protection on their cars so you won't beable to do anything with the electronics/computers, hell even John Deere is in cahoots with them and they make tractors, what is next? I'll just putt around with my toolbox,welders and meters and do what I enjoy! Bobby

Old 04-27-2015, 08:41 PM   #1487

Put new 3" valve on black tank. Adjusted the drain connection. Was almost impossible to put hose on to drain. Put in new sprayer for washing that compartment down. Washed it down. And painted stripe on drivers side
Old 04-28-2015, 10:02 AM   #1488

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGlassMan View Post
I have never been one to run away from something that is broken Bill. It makes me happy when I can fix something that others say "it's too broken to fix", most of the time it's not a lot of money, mostly my labor and I have always enjoyed working on things. Too much of our lives are consumed by the newest thing which keeps us broke! I like older cars and being able to work on them, my other half inherited a 2013 Ford Escape , it took me 20 minutes to find the battery so I could jump somebody, no thanks! Then I find out we can't tow itbehind the MH, so to me it is junk. Now the car manufacturers are trying to get the government to give them copyright protection on their cars so you won't beable to do anything with the electronics/computers, hell even John Deere is in cahoots with them and they make tractors, what is next? I'll just putt around with my toolbox,welders and meters and do what I enjoy! Bobby
I am with you 100%. I posted about my jack pad had the retract circuit go bad on the right rear jack. I checked with the jack company. They wanted over $500.00 dollars for a new board. This is a small board. Their cost is probably about $35.00 dollars for this board.
They could get it because they were the only source for the board. ( I have since seen a post from another person that the board has gone to $1000.00) I refuse to pay such a ridiculous price for the board. I had a $3.00 toggle switch which I installed. I mentioned this in a post and someone came back that they would never jury rig a motorhome system.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:42 AM   #1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGlassMan View Post
.. Now the car manufacturers are trying to get the government to give them copyright protection on their cars so you won't be able to do anything with the electronics/computers..
Well that's nothing. If google gets their way all the future cars will be 'self-drive' only and human drivers will be outlawed. (this will be in the name of 'safety').

They want to make it so you never own the car, you only lease them and pay continuous per-mile royalties to Google for the privilege of riding in their car.

There will never be the concept of owning something without payments.

The youngsters have to prevent this as I won't be around to fight against it.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:23 PM   #1490
bap

i totally agree with all the above...--if the people keep on we will have to lease the air we breath,,,
i also love the older vehicles..well everything pre 70s,,when AMERICA was proud to make quality stuff and if it did break 30 years down the road you could fix it..

as of what i did today on my rv,,was strip out the 1968 winnebago 216 sl tt,,getting it ready for transformation,,,new flooring and moving the plumbing around to add a shower/toilet bathroom in the walk in closet,, then give her new paint inside and out..
anyway,,,,stay the course my friends and teach our grandkids and children what freedom is and what made us a great country back in the day,,,
Old 04-29-2015, 11:28 PM   #1491

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
I am with you 100%. I posted about my jack pad had the retract circuit go bad on the right rear jack. I checked with the jack company. They wanted over $500.00 dollars for a new board. This is a small board. Their cost is probably about $35.00 dollars for this board.
They could get it because they were the only source for the board. ( I have since seen a post from another person that the board has gone to $1000.00) I refuse to pay such a ridiculous price for the board. I had a $3.00 toggle switch which I installed. I mentioned this in a post and someone came back that they would never jury rig a motorhome system.
Those that say they would never jury rig a motorhome system have a need for someone to go to the bathroom for them, or are overly blessed with money! Bobby
Old 04-30-2015, 02:06 PM   #1492

We recently replaced the toilet in our 84 Tioga, we replaced the original plastic toilet with a new high height with a real lid and bowl, didn't take into consideration the pedestal that it was on, now my feet don't touch the floor! I feel like a 5 year old!

It's much easier to clean though, and looks so much better, along with removing the old carpet and putting in peel and stick tile!
TigerMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 04:12 PM   #1493

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerMom View Post
We recently replaced the toilet in our 84 Tioga, we replaced the original plastic toilet with a new high height with a real lid and bowl, didn't take into consideration the pedestal that it was on, now my feet don't touch the floor! I feel like a 5 year old!

It's much easier to clean though, and looks so much better, along with removing the old carpet and putting in peel and stick tile!
You could change your moniker to "Edith Anne"
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:23 PM   #1494

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I set up our new On The Go water softener today. 16000 grain system. Our city water hardness here in New Mexico is 250 ppm so we're looking forward to soft water.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:51 PM   #1495

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Pictures of the water softener set up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1430434178656.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	93007   Click image for larger version

Name:	1430434217788.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	93008  

Old 04-30-2015, 08:03 PM   #1496

Sanded, and primed some of the Chieftain.
Heat gunned some of the decals off, took used the eraser wheel to get some off, eraser wheeled the glue residue off.
Anyone who paints over decals is a spawn of satan

At this time I am considering hammered metal finish, silver base, with charcoal, copper, black, and gold hammered stripes, and a charcoal lower areas where the storage doors are.

Click image for larger version

Name:	11133782_1092793677404590_3862022761001747370_n.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	93013
IamJerryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:42 PM   #1497

Gulf Streamers Club
Jerry P, I feel your pain. I am trying to get the decal/stripe off my 1993 Gulfstream and have been for awhile. I have a 7" wide decal/stripe that goes all around the MH, that would be around 80' of it. So far it has been very reluctant to part ways. Best of luck on your painting.

ronspradley

Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 09:01 PM   #1498

Monaco Owners Club
All day at the Glass store today. I bought a new drivers side glass and replaced all the rubber gasket which required removing the other glass as well.

Got to be a big job. All done now.

The entire windshield thing has not been nearly as stressful as I expected.

Keith

ruffian is offline   Reply With Quote