Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-06-2015, 03:12 AM   #1723

Finally the connectors I need arrived today to build my stand alone wiring harness for my new Allison transmission .Now the only parts I'm missing are the TPS and a new oil pan.
(Fork lifts can be hard on oil pans.)

Guess I'll be occupying the dinner table for the rest of the week soldering together that harness.
Wife is gonna love me. NOT!

Better give me the rest of the month. It's hot outside!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2015, 11:05 AM   #1724

Workhorse Chassis Owner
That's quiet a project making the wiring harness. Good luck.

Old 08-07-2015, 01:24 PM   #1725

Bought a 14000btu portable AC unit.Because the original was going to cost a small to medium fortune to repair. And I can move it to where I want it. And yes. It is hot here in Texas.
Abitbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 08:41 PM   #1726

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Moved the short bus from the back yard onto the side yard...taking it to the high bay car wash tomorrow.

Wife asked why I would move
it twice.

Response: 'Cause I can.

Old 08-11-2015, 12:22 PM   #1727

After I found out the original red running light lenses are difficult to find I made a trip to the auto parts store got some red repair tape. Using small strips of tape and some Household Goop cement I made a new lens. The actual repair was at the top trailing edge of the lens and it looks good
Abitbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 02:23 PM   #1728

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Pulled starter took to have rebuilt , it was sounding a little weak.... Will reinstall in the cool Texas morning /lol
Pa Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 03:50 PM   #1729

Vintage RV Owners Club
Bought a Ceramic element space heater and ordered a heat strip kit for my ancient Dometic Duo Therm 579 series roof unit as part of my backup/supplemental heat plan for this winter.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:17 PM   #1730

Ford Super Duty Owner
Today was a wonderful day. I did the last two rubber brake hoses, The last two brake pads, and the last two calipers on my F-53. I now have all new brakes on my 1998 Pace Arrow.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:41 PM   #1731

Vintage RV Owners Club
Started day three of what began as a simple patch a split copper water line with Sharkbites and Pex and turned into a lets just redo 90 % of the whole water system with Pex and get rid of all the questionable copper. Should wrap up the project tomorrow if all goes well.

Matt
Old 08-14-2015, 09:24 AM   #1732

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sharkbite, and similar fittings, are great to work with.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:12 PM   #1733

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magumba View Post
Sharkbite, and similar fittings, are great to work with.
Yeah it was amazing how easy the project went, Sharbite and PEX was absolutely the way to go! Wrapped it up this morning and pressure tested everything. I now officially have a leak free RV!

Matt
Old 08-15-2015, 04:19 PM   #1734

Vintage RV Owners Club
Installed the heat strip kit for my Dometic Duo Therm Brisk Air 579 series unit and realized just how sore your arms get when you are trying to work with things that are over your head.

I also managed to clean out parts of the air box that were previously unaccessible to me. (about 5 ancient dobber nests inside the air ducting underneath the plastic cover).
Old 08-16-2015, 10:26 PM   #1735

fixed exhaust system leak 1996 Itasca Ford 460

I have a 1996 Itasca Sunrise with the F53 Super Duty chassis, 7.5 liter (460 cu. in.) engine. Well I actually started yesterday but I finally fixed the annoying and predictable right side exhaust system leak. I first removed the Y-pipe. To get the Y or crossover pipe out I first had to get if free from the muffler and to get free I had to cut the muffler pipe open. With the pipe out, I was able to straighten out the first leak because of the heat induced flair of the flange where it meets and seats against the manifold flange. I then reinstalled the pipe and welded the muffler back so I could reclamp the muffler to the pipe. Unfortunately after all the work when I fired up the engine I still had a leak somewhere on the right manifold. My only option now was to pull the right exhaust manifold and see if the gasket failed. Sure enough once I got the manifold off I found the gasket blown out in several places. I already had a replacement gasket but I decided to go the old school way and carefully clean the head and manifold surfaces and install the exhaust manifold without a gasket. Bolted and torqued everything and fired up the engine. Exhaust leak no more! Time for a happy dance!!! That was what I did today.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:00 AM   #1736

Got tired of having to raise my arm up over my head to turn the ceiling florescent lights on and off! So, I rewired them. I wired in a long jumper and master switch to the fuse box that controls the power to the overhead lighting. All three overheads were on one 20 amp fused circuit, so the new 30 amp master switch won't be overloaded.

Still haven't figured out where I want to permanently mount the switch, so it's just loose on top of the kitchen cabinet for now. Choices are under the cabinet above the silverware drawers or on the side of that cabinet with the drawers. (next to the couch) Maybe across the isle and in the plate next to the entry door with the porch, floor, steps and desk light are located.

When I firgure out its permananet location I will build a switch panel and brass plate to put it on. Once I figure out the location I'll shorten the extension jumper to a proper length.

This will eliminate having to turn every light on one and off one at a time.

Each overhead light will still have it's individual on/off switch, but I can kill the entire circuit now with one flip, and without raising my hand up like I'm in a space ship.

Funny, but the rest of the coach has switches mounted on the walls in easy reach.

Don't know why they didn't put them in the living room on a High End Limited Edition Coach in 1989. Must have been new technology after they got rid of oil lamps.