Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-02-2015, 05:54 PM   #1779

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Possum,

Getting her on her side is a secret that I will show you when we meet up. Can't figure out how to fix that and she won't go back straight up.

Bakerman, You also used the Zep? I had a few people suggested it and I have to say I was surprised at how well it shines. I've done three coats and plan to do another one at least. It took me a while to do the whole thing all around because of working still. I did the rear end, then the passenger side, and then the front and driver's side. Did you also do your roof? I have a fiberglass roof and plan to do it also.

Just like the way it looks. She is pretty and looks new. Lynne

beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2015, 06:23 PM   #1780

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Lynne you done good. Now slip over to this side and help do mine.

(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:58 PM   #1781

Vintage RV Owners Club
Installed my spiffy new custom Vinyl graphics:

Have them on both sides and across the back!

Matt
Old 09-02-2015, 10:03 PM   #1782

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
^^^ Heck of a great job ^^^

I admire your abilities
Old 09-04-2015, 06:04 PM   #1783

Vintage RV Owners Club
Love the hammerhead decals! It's a very nice touch.
Old 09-06-2015, 10:48 AM   #1784

Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
New Carb for Genny

Installed a new car on my Onan 5.5 BGM-H. It was a fairly easy install but I didn't think it would fix the problem. Had a mobile MH mechanic look at it back in the spring and he said the carb was the problem and it needed a new one as they could not be rebuilt. After a dozen calls and many months, leaving messages each time, trying to get him to come back and fix it I stopped calling.
The generator worked when I went over the motorhome the week before we bought it (in Oct of '14). Brought it home and it sat for a couple days when I tried starting the genny. When cold, it would start right up and idle nicely then the exact moment it made electric it would cut out. Sometimes it would go a few seconds after that or it would immediately die when I let go of the key. Sure did seem like an electrical thing to me as opposed to fuel.
Two weeks ago I decided to order the part from PPL and do it myself. Low and behold the danged thing started after a few seconds of turning over and kept on running. Then the electric came on. Took about 2 minutes for that to start though, not sure why. After it ran a bit I turned the AC on and ran the microwave. All was running well. Left it go for about an hour and plan to run it every month from now on and making sure to use sea foam in the tank too.
I'm sure hoping I didn't dream all of this and it will be working the next time I visit. Might take on a couple college games this year. Feeling happy!

Hanging on for the ride!
ukpajf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 12:53 PM   #1785

Winnebago Owners Club
When most folks are winterizing their RV's we are just pulling ours out to prep for Tailgating season

So we finished with fixing the starting issues the we have been battling the last year and we have seem to fix it I washed it and deep cleaned the interior. Started up the Fridge, AC, and the Generator with no issues. So we are now ready for Seahawk Football

GO HAWKS
Old 09-06-2015, 02:23 PM   #1786

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
^^^ Hmmm Did all that work just to go see the Hawks? ^^^

Just kidding I'm a fan too but do so from the comfort of my living room.
Old 09-06-2015, 06:25 PM   #1787

Vintage RV Owners Club
Took a closer look at my furnace and found such a horror show of filth and corosion that I'm looking into replacing it entirely.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:36 AM   #1788

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukpajf View Post
Installed a new car on my Onan 5.5 BGM-H. It was a fairly easy install but I didn't think it would fix the problem. Had a mobile MH mechanic look at it back in the spring and he said the carb was the problem and it needed a new one as they could not be rebuilt. After a dozen calls and many months, leaving messages each time, trying to get him to come back and fix it I stopped calling.
The generator worked when I went over the motorhome the week before we bought it (in Oct of '14). Brought it home and it sat for a couple days when I tried starting the genny. When cold, it would start right up and idle nicely then the exact moment it made electric it would cut out. Sometimes it would go a few seconds after that or it would immediately die when I let go of the key. Sure did seem like an electrical thing to me as opposed to fuel.
Two weeks ago I decided to order the part from PPL and do it myself. Low and behold the danged thing started after a few seconds of turning over and kept on running. Then the electric came on. Took about 2 minutes for that to start though, not sure why. After it ran a bit I turned the AC on and ran the microwave. All was running well. Left it go for about an hour and plan to run it every month from now on and making sure to use sea foam in the tank too.
I'm sure hoping I didn't dream all of this and it will be working the next time I visit. Might take on a couple college games this year. Feeling happy!
It takes two minutes for the electric to come on because there is a two minute delay built in your changeover box. It allows your generator to get up to speed and normalize before a load is placed on it.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:14 PM   #1789

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Old slider on entrance door

You know that slider section of the screen door on a MH? When we bought our 2004 MH ours was broken and we glued and reinforced it and it broke again.

Decided rather than trying to order another one (since I thought it was ugly anyway) my DH came up with another solution. He decided to take a piece of plexiglass and cut it to fit in the slide area. Added another section to strengthen it and some other stuff and wallah, a new door that we like much better.

Finished the fourth oat of Zep on the MH and two oats on the roof. Boy does it shine, Glad that is done. Going camping in two weeks and then hopefully another weekend or two before winterizing. Lynne
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MH door fix1.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	106216  
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 08:02 PM   #1790

Vintage RV Owners Club
Our old Honey got a touch up on her Eternabond because the passenger side corner started peeling back on our trip home from Bryce Canyon this summer. All done, had some rain this AM... timed perfectly. More rain tomorrow AM and then I'll go inside and see if all is dry!
She does need another coat or 2 of Zep..... her finish isn't as shiny here a couple years down the road after we did that to her. ( must have soaked into the fiberglass?)
MartySQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 09:57 PM   #1791

Built a cargo carrier for the receiver hitch, to haul stuff to the Dog rescue events for the Dane rescue.
Worked great, in spite of my welder circuit board going out, and having to resort to the arc welder.
Thinking it may need wheels, or a ramp go some kind, to make it more versatile.

It worked great, and RV is definitely the best way to roll to a dog event.

IamJerryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 10:03 PM   #1792

Fixed the refrigerator today, worked on DC, but not on propane.
Had to do a bit of diagnostic work, took off a few gas lines, and blew them out, as I found it was not getting gas.
All is working well not, and I am happy.

IamJerryP is offline   Reply With Quote