Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-28-2015, 05:54 PM   #1793

6 hours... and DW helped...

Had a little light go on and temp gauge went up... so after must reading on here... did the Dawn/Degreaser cleanup on rear radiator... WOW what a job... no wonder the PO didn't tackle this... but after 2 gallons of dawn and 2 gallons on Zep degreaser and RINSE, RINSE, RINSE, RINSE and did I say rinse... she looks as clean as possible... So much crud... no wonder it got warm... now to find me a bottle for the slobber tube....

USMC1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2015, 07:05 AM   #1794

Retired Fire Service RVer's
USMC1968,
Glad that you got her all fixed up, another job to add to the yearly must do list. If you do it yearly, it will not be as big a job.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 11:49 AM   #1795

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Bought 2 new tires too replace the ones on the front end, boy what a difference. They are a little bigger than the old one's.. Can't wait to get the 4 new ones on the rear-end.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 01:19 PM   #1796

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Bought a new 26x26 escape hatch assembly for the roof, a Sensar IV antenna assembly, and more butyl tape.

Gotta swing by camping world and pick up some more dicor self-leveling caulk so I can start the roof vent replacement
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 02:26 PM   #1797

Vintage RV Owners Club
Worked with a friend on the farm yesterday to swap out my busted toilet with a replacement from a donor trailer, found out my fill tube for the fresh water tank had a hole in it. but not before spraying water all over the place under my couch.

Got the replacement fill tube today and the right plumbing adapter for the toilet and hopefully in a couple of hours will have running water and a working toilet.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:58 PM   #1798

Vintage RV Owners Club
Got the toilet installed yesterday and today we replaced the gravity fill tube. Which turned out to be a lot more work than I imagined the tube fit on so tight we needed to lube it up just to get it connected.

Then I started flushing out the system with water and bleach and it's almost clear now. For 4 whole tank loads it's was like dark tea color and lots of foamy suds.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:48 AM   #1799

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I'm looking at it, took a picture and waiting for it to warm up so I can finish waxing it. Supposed to get warmer next couple of days, 50's is to cold for me out there in the wind.
Old 10-03-2015, 03:56 PM   #1800

Vintage RV Owners Club
Finally have the nastiness flushed from the fresh water system and got around to testing the hot water tank. despite being very cruddy it fired up just fine and seems to be doing its job well.

I also found out that the leaky faucet in the shower will leak water so bad that it will drip behind the wall when the faucets are turned on. (but thankfully not when they are turned off..) Many thanks to Rockwood for putting a nice hatch cover behind the shower faucets on the other side of the wall so I could check that easily.

I don't plan to do more than hang coats in the shower anyway so not a big deal.
Old 10-04-2015, 05:35 PM   #1801

After driving over 30 miles this past week to campsite, leveling and plugging in, turned on A/C unit and nothing. (Mod Edit) Only motor buzzing. De-camped, and drove back home another 30+miles and grabbed "Lil Giant"(great invention) and climbed on roof and unscrewed A/C shroud to find that A/C motor was locked from MUD DOBBERS building a nest around the motor's shaft. Luckily, I was able to get a screwdriver into motor cooling vent and break up the mud nest and parts dropped out in a place where I could get ShopVac hose in and suck up all crud. Pre-tested for operation.

Put everything away and off again we go to campsite. Now, everything aligns with the gods and enjoyed some nice getting away with the wife, and some nice camping weather.

Got cool enough one night to even test the Furnace for 1st time, when we woke up to some 50* weather. Worked like a champ.

Today, I cleaned out cabinets and set off a "Bug Bomb" for sugar ants that infiltrated our camper from setting between camping times, and also drained hot water heater to prepare camper for winterization.
JaycoEagle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 07:31 PM   #1802

Thor Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Finally got a weekend off so I washed and waxed it. I have learned that even if you put lipstick on a pig its still a pig. The PO never washed or waxed it so as you can imagine it has its fair share of oxidation. Ive tried several products to restore the paint but its just to late. I'm just going to bite the bullet and do a repaint. The rv is in good shape outside of paint so I feel its worth it.
Old 10-04-2015, 08:21 PM   #1803

Thor Owners Club
Installed two new AGM batteries for the coach today. Getting ready for the next trip!
David
Old 10-04-2015, 09:43 PM   #1804

My 76 Ford E350 Chateau runs great since installation of the 460ci long block and rebuilt C6 for $3k. I figured the investment was worth it beings I payed $2k for the rig and even the jenny ran. I had some thin SS cut to
fit around the stove, sink, and stove-side of the bathroom outside wall. I finished the rest of the paneling off with oak stain. It looks good inside but I have to work on the drivers side hail damage which I'm considering
repairing. I also installed a vented AGM battery Box and battery from Battery +. I also need to find a vacuum schematic for the routing of same. Finding how they hook to the intake, air cleaner, trans, and brake booster will help. Thanks
Old 10-04-2015, 11:45 PM   #1805

Vintage RV Owners Club
Tried doing some caulking work myself for a change. I kind of suck at it but I think I fixed up some of the caulking done last month that seemed to have cracked a little and also tried to seal up the gravity fill panel that we had to take off 2 days ago to replace the busted gravity fill tube.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:34 PM   #1806

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by planojeeper View Post
Finally got a weekend off so I washed and waxed it. I have learned that even if you put lipstick on a pig its still a pig. The PO never washed or waxed it so as you can imagine it has its fair share of oxidation. Ive tried several products to restore the paint but its just to late. I'm just going to bite the bullet and do a repaint. The rv is in good shape outside of paint so I feel its worth it.

Have you tried Mothers California Gold Pure Brazilian Carnauba Cleaner/Wax and or just the wax? My MH is a 82 so I have a few more years of oxidation. I was/am really happy with the results. Good luck either way.
Today we are finishing up changing out the old clearance lights and I am Prepping the front for a little re-paint (spray bombs)
Tim

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote