Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:22 AM   #169

Vintage RV Owners Club
What did I do to my old MH recently?

This -

De-rust-ification and cab repairs underway.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2012, 10:02 AM   #170

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Just took MH for a little 40 mile trip to keep everything going good (I do it once a month or so)did great--ran generator under load yesterday--this is probably it until Christmas----well maybe--Vince

Old 11-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #171

Been doing some elc. work on mine an now putting new vent covers on the 2 vents on top cause the old ones was looking bad so now they in great shape,,,,,
Old 11-20-2012, 03:49 PM   #172

Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnbiker1096 View Post
Getting ours ready for a 5 day thanksgiving camping trip...
X2 Virginia Beach here we come!!
Chickenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:56 PM   #173

Newmar Owners Club
Had New Rear Drive Tires installed this morning! Tomorrow I start to install a New Inverter so that We can have "Crock Pot Cooking" on the road South this Winter!

I also picked up a Campbell Hausfeld 50 Foot Air Hose on a Reel to replace that Tangle of 100 Foot Hose that I have been dragging around for the past 3 Years!

Now to find a good place to install it!
Old 11-21-2012, 05:32 PM   #174

WOW!! Some serious work being done on here!
Old 11-21-2012, 10:07 PM   #175

Fixed on my HiLo today.

Had to bend and cut a piece of copper wire to make blind wand usable again. Replaced bread fastener and duct tape repair. Had to add a little caulk on exterior roof line. Finally tried on the RV cover that was given to me. It was so generous that it coverd the 25ft. RV,bumper and tongue. I will go back tomorrow and crawl underneath and figure how to attach rope ect. Sad to see the end of the camping season in the cold North US. I hope the winter goes by fast and spring will bring warm weather again!! Took out the battery and it will be stored in my house. Note to self-check voltage before storing.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:29 PM   #176

Ford Super Duty Owner
The last time out (1st week of Nov) I noticed that the house battery wasn't being charged while on te road. Some serious circuit tracing took place yesterday and today but other than identifying the converter wires and the wiring from the deep cell batteries, turned to the internet for info. Seems that there is a original equip. solenoid relay that comes on with the key to charge a small deep cell battery, and that it might be located beneath the truck battery. I've decided that the system is next to usless for charging the larger deep cells, so I intend to replace it all with an diode isolater and adequate wiring in a shorter run. The present lead to the house batts is only about 16 ga so other that a trickle charge it's practically useless. it leaves the battery box goes under the clothes closet, in back of the converter and onto no where I can find. I've ordered the diode isolater, should have it next week. Other than that the plumbing antifreeze is now done. Tomorow is another busy day but hopefully I'll have a little time to look for that useless relay.
Cheers
Willey
WilleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:28 AM   #177

Foul smell in RV

We took it for a ride to Wal*Mart and bought a few air-fresheners for it. It developed a bad smell and we don't know what's causing it. We haven't even camped or taken a trip in it yet. It smells like a combination of a dead rodent and mold/mildew. It's almost sickening. No, not almost...it is sickening.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:03 AM   #178

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCarr View Post
We took it for a ride to Wal*Mart and bought a few air-fresheners for it. It developed a bad smell and we don't know what's causing it. We haven't even camped or taken a trip in it yet. It smells like a combination of a dead rodent and mold/mildew. It's almost sickening. No, not almost...it is sickening.
Have you washed out your black and gray water tanks? If you drained your tanks at a place that was tilted, It could leave enough water in the tanks to smell.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:56 PM   #179

Ford Super Duty Owner
Check the shower drain, if it's dry as suggested the smell could be coming from the waste water tank. Just pour some water into it. Kind of far out, but it's an idea.
Good luck
Cheers
Willey
WilleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #180

I ripped the soggy, saturated carpet out of the bathroom and hallway. Seems we sprung a leak at the connection point for the shower controls. That made for a pretty unsavory RV weekend. The good news is the carpet was 24 years old and really needed to go away anyhow. Already bought a box of Pergo flooring to install once I have time and the floor is super dry.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #181

Gulf Streamers Club
I bought some "high" voltage wireing supplies today. I just do not like the cheap receptalces the factory used and the way they wired it up. I will use a junction box, connectors and wire nuts/tape.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:49 PM   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCarr View Post
Maybe your cats left you a present Mine have

stink is offline   Reply With Quote