Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-18-2015, 02:40 PM   #1835

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Tim,
Sorry to hear about the curtains, you might want to check in a department store for house curtains of the correct size.

Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2015, 03:09 PM   #1836

My wife ordered heavy duty commercial shower curtains to replace ours with.
They are plastic, some they do not get moldy, musty or whatever that smell is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
&
I washed the front curtains from the MH yesterday and they got ruined. I have been washing cloths for 40 years so I kind of have a little knowledge.
It appears the backing melted over 90% on both panels. Washed on warm/cold rinse. A little Oxy Clean and my regular detergent and a bit of Shout but not on the area's where it melted. I dried them on the cloths line outdoors anyhow and rehung them. I am so T'ed off. They look like shxxt. They are only a few years old and cost over $100.00. Hell I never liked them anyhow.
So anybody have any idea's where I can get replacements? Please don't send me to CW that's where I got these.

Off Soap Box.

Pictures to follow, because I don't know how too get them from the Phone Camera too the computer.

Tim

IamJerryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 03:14 PM   #1837

Forest River Owners Club
I had a 2001 Lite House made by Keystone my hot water tank leak and I had to replace half the floor
Old 10-18-2015, 03:16 PM   #1838

worked on the engine bay, and decluttering it

Started here,

Halted work today here
Still more to do
Old 10-18-2015, 04:31 PM   #1839

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Are you going throttle-body or newer carburetor in this decluttering or am I missing the intent of your decluttering?
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 12:22 AM   #1840

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Are you going throttle-body or newer carburetor in this decluttering or am I missing the intent of your decluttering?
The intent is to make it easier, and cleaner to work on.
in turn it will run better.
I hate that hodge podge of "stuff, that does nothing because most of it is old, worn out, or broken.
Still a lot to do, and I intent to add some stuff back, once I figure out what I want, or need
Old 10-19-2015, 07:08 AM   #1841

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
&
I washed the front curtains from the MH yesterday and they got ruined. I have been washing cloths for 40 years so I kind of have a little knowledge.
It appears the backing melted over 90% on both panels. Washed on warm/cold rinse. A little Oxy Clean and my regular detergent and a bit of Shout but not on the area's where it melted. I dried them on the cloths line outdoors anyhow and rehung them. I am so T'ed off. They look like shxxt. They are only a few years old and cost over $100.00. Hell I never liked them anyhow.
So anybody have any idea's where I can get replacements? Please don't send me to CW that's where I got these.

Off Soap Box.

Pictures to follow, because I don't know how too get them from the Phone Camera too the computer.

Tim
My original front curtains were past it when I got my motorhome. I went to Walmart and bought some room darkeners. They block out all the light and they cut down on heat. I bought the long panels..I think they are 83 inches (or something close). I just turned them sideways and used curtain hooks. The hooks loop through the sliding loops and allow me to simply slide them open and close. What started out as a temporary solution turned into a permanent fix for me
Old 10-19-2015, 10:41 AM   #1842

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks, I am not sure what your talking about. I am not very good on the computer and the phone's we bought has way too many gadgets . It's a galaxyS4 phone. After almost a year I just figured out how to use this hotspot program, Joe has always turned it on for me. . I will watch a little closer.
He does hook up a cable to the phone to the laptop and does something on the key board. I'll have to have him show me how too do it.
I'm not really sure what I'm going to do about the curtains I'm still ticked off. Mine were original when I bought her too, and I washed those and they came out of the washer in threads I guess after 33 years of use that's to be expected. I'd really like too get those night shades that go up and down automatic I think they would look really cool on this old gal.
I saw one @ a flea market but the guy only had one How do you expect to sell just one. No funds for those either.
I really have to get tires on the rear first.
Thanks for the suggestions,

Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 11:44 AM   #1843

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJerryP View Post
The intent is to make it easier, and cleaner to work on.
Thanks,
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 01:18 PM   #1844

what did you do

installed a new banks powerpack on my 1999 safari trek 454 vortec
what a difference in power!!!
Old 10-19-2015, 02:31 PM   #1845

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Bought a used Dometic Duo-Therm A/C Unit that is in all likelihood 4x too powerful for the size of RV its going on.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 10:37 PM   #1846

Thor Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Not today but on Saturday DW and I started the task of removing the ugly stripes. We were able to get most of it off with the 3m stripe remover wheel. That thing is amazing LOL. Today I was able to replace the fuel filter on the generator. Next is to change the oil, oil filter ,air filter and spark plugs. We are going to go to Eisenhower SP this weekend for a fishing tournament that the company I work for is putting on.
Old 10-21-2015, 08:23 AM   #1847

Vintage RV Owners Club
Spent 4 days driving to Alabama from New Hampshire. Did a few days stop in Tennessee to say "Hi" to some motorcycle friends and replaced both rear calipers at the same time. Now we are setting up camp for our first winter bird thing. Just tired of snow....
Old 10-21-2015, 06:55 PM   #1848

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fixed Door covering Electric & Water hookup connections

Had to replace the wood in the door, it was rotted out in top third, thankfully had a friend that is good at woodworking to cut out two large slots that allow you to close the door after hooking up. The next thing is getting all the windows resealed, this will be done by pros. Finding the rubber glazing bead was the biggest problem, the joys of owning a Vintage Avion. Prior to all of this was the refrigerator died the second day returning to Texas from a summer in Montana. The model that was in there is not available any more, so had to go with a smaller one which did not make the cook happy. Anyhow we are slowly getting it done. The trailer is pulled with a Ford ecoboost , which never went below 4th gear pulling any of the passes. A Happy Camper,gps