Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-21-2015, 12:20 AM   #1933

SafetyPhil, here is a link to the scan of the diagrams in the Chiltons. The third one down should be what you are looking for:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/JH...8_155052_1.pdf

This is the manual I have that includes these, the Chilton 26400:

http://www.autozone.com/1/products/5...ton-26400.html

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2015, 11:15 PM   #1934

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Tore a bunch of the interior out so I could investigate the frame.

'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 08:04 AM   #1935

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
O O what's up with the frame?
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 08:15 AM   #1936

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Nohing yet it it"s only 8:am
and Sunday morning.
I'll tell ya tonight.

Tim
Old 11-22-2015, 09:08 AM   #1937

We've had a nasty cold snap here in Colorado so I went and fired up the '79 class c and let it warm up to operating temp. Checked it over for any leaks and none. I sat in it and enjoyed the smooth rumble of the big 460. It runs so great and always impresses me. Did the same to the '74 F350 but that's garaged. Gas has dropped to about $1.70 per gallon this weekend so I'll probably go fill up the 2- 25 gallon tanks in the '79, the 75 gallon in the '97 Aerbus, and the 2-22 gallon tanks in the '74 Ford. All in all that's about 165 gallons of gas and if I save about $1.00 a gallon, that's a $165 savings which I can put towards some new Interstate batteries for the Aerbus. I'll make sure to put fuel stabilizer in each tanks which I always do.
Inthe70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 11:32 AM   #1938

Wil o leaf: Thanky, that was a lot of different vacuum lines that were provided. I'll take a look at the two manuals today. You did good.
Old 11-22-2015, 06:26 PM   #1939

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
O O what's up with the frame?
It's 40 years old, and I want to find any weak or dry rotted spots before I start building new cabinetry and refurbishing the inside. So far, I've only found one spot that is in need of attention. Also gives me the opportunity to tuck a layer of reflectix behind the aluminum skin on the sides (its one piece so its only attached at the perimeter, making it easy to slide reflectix between it and the frame), before I install new pink board insulation to replace the original styrofoam board.

Plus, the wall paneling in this model was just flat out ugly. I like 70s wall paneling and this stuff was horrendous, plus throw in a badly done attempt by previous owners to paint over it.....

Going to repanel the walls with a thin plywood as a base, then attach a nice finish wood over the top, friend suggested using the thinner type pre-finished wood flooring for a really nice effect.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:25 AM   #1940

safety phil

SafetyPhil, most of those diagrams are for other engines, like the 351. The third one down is for your 460 eight.

I tried to scan my Chilton manual but it would not lie flat enough on the scanner bed, so i found that PDF link and it is from exactly the same manual.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:49 AM   #1941

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
It's 40 years old, and I want to find any weak or dry rotted spots before I start building new cabinetry and refurbishing the inside. So far, I've only found one spot that is in need of attention. Also gives me the opportunity to tuck a layer of reflectix behind the aluminum skin on the sides (its one piece so its only attached at the perimeter, making it easy to slide reflectix between it and the frame), before I install new pink board insulation to replace the original styrofoam board.

Plus, the wall paneling in this model was just flat out ugly. I like 70s wall paneling and this stuff was horrendous, plus throw in a badly done attempt by previous owners to paint over it.....

Going to repanel the walls with a thin plywood as a base, then attach a nice finish wood over the top, friend suggested using the thinner type pre-finished wood flooring for a really nice effect.
I C looks nice so far. Have you seen the paneling at Menards its thin, prefinished and comes in several different designs and finishes? It's online under paneling on there search page its light weight depending on style.
JS,
Tim
Old 11-23-2015, 12:07 PM   #1942

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
I C looks nice so far. Have you seen the paneling at Menards its thin, prefinished and comes in several different designs and finishes? It's online under paneling on there search page its light weight depending on style.
JS,
Tim
I have, the sadness is the nearest Menards is 2200 miles east of me :(.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:35 PM   #1943

Quote:
Willowleaf: I went to Auto Zone and ordered the Chilton's as you suggested. Price was $26 a bit of a change but it's new. Heh heh. Tks again.
Old 11-23-2015, 03:55 PM   #1944

Vintage RV Owners Club
I have one of my replacement vents (bedroom) installed today. and should have the bathroom vent with fan installed tomorrow. We didn't find any signs of water coming in through those 2 vents but the skylight in the bathroom seems to be the big culprit along with some pinholes/tears in the rubber roof.

We did our best to seal the skylight today along with the holes we can see. The rubber roof coating and the second vent should be going on tomorrow. The whole skylight will need replacing but I need to have one ordered since the local RV dealer doesn't have any in stock.

The next project will be to put a roof over the top of the motorhome which I might be able to get done with some help from family.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:47 AM   #1945

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Man-o- Man that is a drag, have to ask did you calculate what they charge for shipment? Or is there another Big Box Store by ya?
I'm thinking about coming your way on the way home next spring. I could throw a couple sheets in the MH
So what are your plans on using for the paneling?

Tim
Old 11-24-2015, 01:06 AM   #1946

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Finished up with some painting. Getting it ready for the Dresser drawers from the S&B.
Brought all the freeze items into the house. 2 weeks I'll be putting it back in.
No Drapes today.
No call on my new tires.
Took the hub caps off the rears in anticipation of New Rubber. I really would like to get some extensions for the inter tires.
Tim