Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-24-2015, 11:37 AM   #1947

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Finished up with some painting. Getting it ready for the Dresser drawers from the S&B.
Brought all the freeze items into the house. 2 weeks I'll be putting it back in.
No Drapes today.
No call on my new tires.
Took the hub caps off the rears in anticipation of New Rubber. I really would like to get some extensions for the inter tires.
Tim
Just got the call they are here. One way or the other I'm going to go for a test drive Too...

Tim

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2015, 12:35 PM   #1948

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Defrosted the fridge and freezer today, but had to replce the drain line first, the corrugated tubing was all brokenand the drain water was just dripping all over all the connections, rerun the hose to the outside.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 08:48 AM   #1949

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Just got the call they are here. One way or the other I'm going to go for a test drive Too...

Tim
Man what a difference new rubber makes, so nice smooth and Quiet. Rides great. Did do a 50 mile test trip. VERY happy
Planning on bring my dresser out today after I get back from getting a new reconditioned Pancake compressor.
Maybe my drapes will come today.
Found a few rivets that are lose on the front end so I will drill out and re-rivet.
Ordered a LED set for the interior, and some window tinting for the windshield and my drivers door windows above my head. Found a set of LED night lights by motion sensors.
Happy Turkey day,
Tim
Old 11-26-2015, 05:53 PM   #1950

Gulf Streamers Club
The wife and I are still loading our new Heartland Big Country with all of the "stuff" that came out of our old 5th wheel. Love this new unit so far.
Old 11-26-2015, 11:47 PM   #1951

Vintage RV Owners Club
Replaced the bathroom vent and did some cleaning of the roof while we were up there in preparation for adding rubber roof coating. Didn't quite make it since the temps dropped below the recommended for adding it but we did use DAP sealant on the spots we saw that were sketchy.

I also accidentally put my hand right through the cover to the AC unit while I was up there. only thing I could think to do was put a fiberglass patch over the hole. Do they make replacement covers for the old original brisk air units? the whole thing is UV damaged to the point it's about as strong as saltine crackers or something.

I have a plan to put up a wooden roof over the whole thing after the holidays.
Old 11-27-2015, 05:28 PM   #1952

Ford Super Duty Owner
Replaced the in-tank fuel pump in our E450 chassis. Not horrible, but could have found other things to do this morning...

2000 Jayco 3230K Designer
Steverino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 07:41 AM   #1953

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Nohing yet it it"s only 8:am
and Sunday morning.
I'll tell ya tonight.

Tim
Same thing today but a week older...
Old 11-29-2015, 09:56 PM   #1954

Haven't done anything to her in a while, but did pick up a complete NOS aftermarket cruise control kit. Planning on traveling to the Mesa, Az. area in March to catch a few Cubs' games, and CC will be very nice to have!
Also grabbed a couple of Black Friday deals for her: 32" LED TV ($139) and a nice tabletop quartz heater ($39).
Will be taking the 'new' Big Dog Bulldog for daily transportation in March, so will be making sure my cycle trailer is good to tow behind the Sun Stream, and the light connection & hitch are good.
Already installed new trailer lights & wiring, new tires, and cleaned/packed the bearings. Will have the tire channel widened for the back tire next weekend; those mid-70's motorcycles the trailer was designed for had really narrow tires!
Old 11-30-2015, 05:34 AM   #1955

Winterized yesterday, got everything set for a 3 month rest. Our next planned trip is in March.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 06:51 AM   #1956

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 429CV23 View Post
Haven't done anything to her in a while, but did pick up a complete NOS aftermarket cruise control kit. Planning on traveling to the Mesa, Az. area in March to catch a few Cubs' games, and CC will be very nice to have!
Also grabbed a couple of Black Friday deals for her: 32" LED TV ($139) and a nice tabletop quartz heater ($39).
Will be taking the 'new' Big Dog Bulldog for daily transportation in March, so will be making sure my cycle trailer is good to tow behind the Sun Stream, and the light connection & hitch are good.
Already installed new trailer lights & wiring, new tires, and cleaned/packed the bearings. Will have the tire channel widened for the back tire next weekend; those mid-70's motorcycles the trailer was designed for had really narrow tires!

Hey 429CV23
What ever happened to that nice boat? Ya know they have that nice Lake Havasu out there.
There are a few of use going out to that area should do a get together. I think your the 4th or 5th that I have seen on here.
Old 12-01-2015, 05:16 PM   #1957

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thought we had the leaks sorted out before it rained again last time but we were wrong. (got some of them though for sure) I attacked it today with rubber roof coating (targeted approach failed so might as well do the shotgun approach ) and I'm hoping it will stay dry the next time it rains.

I'm also really starting to hate being up on roofs and climbing ladders. I think I'm going to ask santa for some knee pads for christmas. I also want money to build a roof over the top of this thing for christmas as well since that seems like the best possible thing for the long term instead of chasing down every little seal that could possibly be a problem on a 25+ year old MH that's seen better days.
Old 12-01-2015, 11:47 PM   #1958

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Finally got the dresser in place and secure. It sure was some hard wood too screw into.
There is room next too it that the compressor will fit but not the vacuum.
I looked for a power head for the central vacuum system and they are not cheap even on ebay so I'll have to find a spot for the upright.
That is the only complaint with my MH is there is no storage space. Maybe they didn't go on extended trips.
:confused
Tomorrow I will reinstall the hubcaps on the rears after my new Tires were installed.

Tim
Old 12-03-2015, 08:01 AM   #1959

Quote:
Hey 429CV23
What ever happened to that nice boat? Ya know they have that nice Lake Havasu out there.
There are a few of use going out to that area should do a get together. I think your the 4th or 5th that I have seen on here.
She's winterized, just hanging out in the 'boat port' with several feet of snow still around her nose.
I'd love to drag her there in March and hit either Havasu or Mead, or just stay in the area and hit Lake Pleasant, but I won't be able to tow the boat and a method of transportation, so transportation wins out this time. Plus, she developed a knock at the rear of the engine which starts around 1800rpm; almost positive it's a cracked flex plate but am waiting on some warmer weather to check it. She's too long for the garage so I can't close the garage door, and checking the flex plate will require prepping and semi-pulling the engine. Gotta get enough weight off it to slide it forward on the rails far enough to pull the driveshaft. Not something I want to tackle in 20* weather. Strange though, the flex plate was installed brand new during the build, and is SFI rated to 9000rpm. I'll also be pulling the Stealth intake and installing either the original CJ/Marine intake (after powdercoating) or a Torker II. The Stealth runners are just too big to provide the intake velocity needed at lower RPMs (~5200 max). The Stealth would work great in a car though; the engine should pull hard to 6500rpm (hmmmm, maybe swap it into the Falcon 'vert???)

It looks like weather permitting we'll be out there roughly March 22/23-26.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:33 PM   #1960

Gulf Streamers Club
New Oxygenics shower head and a few other small things.