Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2015, 09:38 PM   #1961

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 429CV23 View Post
She's winterized, just hanging out in the 'boat port' with several feet of snow still around her nose.
I'd love to drag her there in March and hit either Havasu or Mead, or just stay in the area and hit Lake Pleasant, but I won't be able to tow the boat and a method of transportation, so transportation wins out this time. Plus, she developed a knock at the rear of the engine which starts around 1800rpm; almost positive it's a cracked flex plate but am waiting on some warmer weather to check it. She's too long for the garage so I can't close the garage door, and checking the flex plate will require prepping and semi-pulling the engine. Gotta get enough weight off it to slide it forward on the rails far enough to pull the driveshaft. Not something I want to tackle in 20* weather. Strange though, the flex plate was installed brand new during the build, and is SFI rated to 9000rpm. I'll also be pulling the Stealth intake and installing either the original CJ/Marine intake (after powdercoating) or a Torker II. The Stealth runners are just too big to provide the intake velocity needed at lower RPMs (~5200 max). The Stealth would work great in a car though; the engine should pull hard to 6500rpm (hmmmm, maybe swap it into the Falcon 'vert???)

It looks like weather permitting we'll be out there roughly March 22/23-26.
Man that is bad news sorry to hear that. We'll still be out there. I bet it would be a blast on the lake. There is always the stacker trailer, ask Gordon...
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2015, 09:48 PM   #1962

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Went and filled the propane tank, installed a couple pull down shades for my front side windows even got to use them this afternoon.
My window tint I ordered came today. I am going to add 3-6 inch pcs on the top of the windshield Don't currently have anything. Then I'm going to do the top of the drivers door and the top of the passenger window. Just for the late afternoon.
Hung a string of solar powered Christmas lights Led's in the living room area.
Tim
Old 12-04-2015, 07:21 AM   #1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Went and filled the propane tank, installed a couple pull down shades for my front side windows even got to use them this afternoon.
My window tint I ordered came today. I am going to add 3-6 inch pcs on the top of the windshield Don't currently have anything. Then I'm going to do the top of the drivers door and the top of the passenger window. Just for the late afternoon.
Hung a string of solar powered Christmas lights Led's in the living room area.
Tim
What brand of tint and how dark? I want to see the results.
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 08:40 AM   #1964

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks for asking,
I bought it online from HD
http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pro...d29480_400.jpg
Gila
Peel & cling
Black
Privacy Control,
Daytime Privacy
3 ft by 6.5 foot
It is defiantly Dark (like it says Black) but that is what I was looking for. There is no tinting along the top of the windshield so I really get the afternoon sun beating down on us. Same as the side windows
I am hoping to do it in 6 inches wide but that might hit the wipers So I'll look at that today.
I am hoping that I can cut it with a Paper Cutter or I will purchase a few Carpet Blades (Those are really sharp be careful) I will not look out where the tint will be so it won't affect my vision while underway.
I think I might have to install in AZ kinda cold in the Mpls area... I hope too get it up before the winter trip though. But I will take pic's of it.
Tim
Old 12-05-2015, 05:44 AM   #1965

Thanks. I want to do the same as well as all of the windows. I am not sure what to do with the front side windows. You can come to my house and we can do them both. It was 77 here yesterday.
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 07:57 AM   #1966

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Funny u should say that, I was just asked if we could leave tomorrow, I said why and was told that it is cold out side. 39 degrees feels like 32. I said that isn't cold...
We'll be out that way sure enough.
I might start today after I get the MH warmed up. Would be nice to have it installed before we leave even if just above on the windshield.
Tim
Old 12-05-2015, 08:53 AM   #1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Funny u should say that, I was just asked if we could leave tomorrow, I said why and was told that it is cold out side. 39 degrees feels like 32. I said that isn't cold...
We'll be out that way sure enough.
I might start today after I get the MH warmed up. Would be nice to have it installed before we leave even if just above on the windshield.
Tim
Tim, do you have a link to a gallery of pictures of your motorhome? I really like those years of Pace Arrows and Southwinds, especially the original interiors. I also love how you have all of the window awnings. Super cool!
Inthe70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 03:47 PM   #1968

Not exactly today but this week past, I converted the bedroom from two twin beds to one Queen bed. And, converted a hanging clothes closet right next to the kitchen stove, into an appliance closet. With a days distance and perspective I can honestly say Yes!, That is exactly how I wanted to build the shelf supports.
But, after four years we're sleeping on sheets in a bed and I no longer have to move appliances around as though we were living in a New York city apartment.
Old 12-05-2015, 05:45 PM   #1969

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I know exactly what your referring too.
Tim
Old 12-05-2015, 06:52 PM   #1970
bap

hey SPRITZ !!-- did i read it correctly that your putting window tint on the front of your coach and that you were worried about the wipers hitting it,---if so cant you put it on the inside of the window..---i have tinted alot of different vehicles even before they made it for cars---i stole the idea waaaay back in the day when they only made it for aircrafts...lol
i hope i didnt make a fool of myself again,,just trying to be helpfull....lol
Old 12-05-2015, 07:23 PM   #1971

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
No I am!!!! My wipers are on the outside and my tint will be on the inside. My fingers got ahead of the old noodle. Thanks for the catch.
My outdoor temp gauge clings to the outside window.
I will be able too have it @ 6 inches from the top of the windshield down inside.
Thanks again,
Tim
Old 12-05-2015, 07:29 PM   #1972
bap

shewww,,lol..
Old 12-06-2015, 08:22 PM   #1973

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I played a parts runner, After the terrible lost in the Football game this afternoon.
After reading about greasing the u-joints on another forum I thought its been a while since we checked them so Joe got down on the creeper and sure enough no signs of grease on the u-joints.
He got too use a new grease gun my brother gave me for my B-Day last summer but it was almost out of grease so I ran for some and a few other items and got back home and forgot the grease so back to the store again.
He got all 4 caps to purge on the 3 u-joints: dance: Hoping that along with new tires and Bilstiens we should be set in that aspect .I finally got to upload some of my project's although small it made a hug difference too us. The dresser I brought from the S&B No storage for cloths, My new pancake compressor, Finally got the curtains up and hug around the front. We can also move the center section to behind the front seats to help keep the heat up front for cold weather driving, A few items left to do before the trip Southwest, I got the mirrors installed but don't know what happened to the pictures. And 2 LD lights
Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20151206_142337.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	235.8 KB
ID:	113560   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151127_183641.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	215.4 KB
ID:	113561  

Name:	20151122_112311.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	204.6 KB
ID:	113562   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151206_142515.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	214.8 KB
ID:	113563  

Name:	20151206_142402.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	113564   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151206_150136.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	221.1 KB
ID:	113565  

Old 12-07-2015, 06:29 AM   #1974

Put in a new brake booster and master cylinder and bled the brakes. Just so everyone knows. To bleed the brakes properly in a motorhome, you need to do it with the engine running
vol445 is offline   Reply With Quote