Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-31-2016, 04:03 PM   #2017

Vintage RV Owners Club
Used a whole tube of silicone to seal my windows. I think I finally have the roof sealed up tight as well.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2016, 08:55 AM   #2018

Vintage RV Owners Club
Put the hanger bearing and driveshaft back in. Pouring down rain now so no more until it stops.

Old 02-07-2016, 04:14 AM   #2019

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Last weekend I replaced the ac/heater thermostat in our Itasca with a basement ac unit. Pretty easy since it came with the connectors attached, except Winnebago used one three wire connector rather then the four wire the thermostat came with so I had to wire nut the old connector on.
The problem we had was we had to leave to camper for a few days in cold temps so I set the thermostat on 50 and left the heat on. The evening we came home the temp in the camper was 100 degrees, no kidding 100. The old thermostat relay failed closed and the heater ran and ran. The portable propane tanks that were full when we left were down to nothing but still running the heater.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:29 PM   #2020

added a new volt gauge to the dash. Hate the L or H for volts so ordered a digital one. Also pulled front tires off for replacement this week. Have new ceramic plug wires to install later this week.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:17 AM   #2021

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hoping to get the new header gaskets on the 440 today. Then onto the electrical gremlins in and around the dash.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:12 AM   #2022

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bidderwins19 View Post
I have been working on new wheel simulators.On my p30 chassis I have a 1/4 inch thick steel lug retainer ring that made most simulators not feasible because of the lack of threads left on the lugs. So I did this. Refer to pics. 1 down three to go.

I want some I want some looks Nice, when can we see them on the market?
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 01:52 PM   #2023

Retired Fire Service RVer's
I didn't work on the RV today, but on the RV park, Changed the heat exchanger on the pool heater, the old one was leaking and they had a spare one, so it was simply a matter of changing parts.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:20 PM   #2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidderwins19 View Post
I have been working on new wheel simulators.On my p30 chassis I have a 1/4 inch thick steel lug retainer ring that made most simulators not feasible because of the lack of threads left on the lugs. So I did this. Refer to pics. 1 down three to go.
Very clever, great job.
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:52 PM   #2025

Let's see today alone on brother's rig, burned out a 12 volt distribution board (oops) ran wiring for 12 volt outlet to be installed lower then overhead cabinet fix the ground for fog/driving lights found 12 volt power for them, had to install some after market lights.. did that cople weeks back. Need to find new wiper control switch to fix that part right. At the moment is hooked to toggle switch one speed not to good when snow be going faster then wipers let's see seems did more but then it's a haze at times
Old 02-12-2016, 09:32 PM   #2026

installed a battery isolator for the chassis battery so it is right there, easy to get to when you raise the hood.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3609.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	246.0 KB
ID:	118910
IamJerryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 03:49 PM   #2027

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb2crk View Post
Next project the Hanger bearing on the driveshaft which was pulled out when the mounts went.

Pulled the old one off the shaft today but rain has stopped me from going any further right now.
How hard is it to remove a hanger bearing? Are they a pressed fit? The bushing on the hanger bearing on my truck is showing its age, and I need to replace it.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 01:53 PM   #2028

Vintage RV Owners Club
Since we just had an ice storm a couple of days ago I decided to do a test run without any shore power for a whole day and night to see how long my batteries would last before I would need the generator or Main engine to add a charge.

My small battery bank of 2 group 24 deep cycle marine batteries were still reading Green in the morning despite running the furnace (suburban NT30-SP) all night in freezing temps. I use all 12v LED replacement bulbs Inot my fixtures and as far as I know the only other 12v draws were the propane detector, water pump and the 12v drawn by the norcold for its control board. Aside from having no AC power I everything worked just as well as when plugged in and I think I could go 2 or maybe 3 days before I had to fire anything up to recharge in an emergency (or actual boondocking).

It turned out a lother better than I expected since from posts I read on this forum you would think the battery would be dead by morning if you run your propane furnace on batteries only.
Old 02-17-2016, 11:20 PM   #2029

We often boondock, also have all LED lights, and use the propane furnace. We have one group 31 battery, and we can camp for as much as a week on one charge. Our fridge is propane but still has to run the board.
Old 02-18-2016, 06:23 AM   #2030

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
How hard is it to remove a hanger bearing? Are they a pressed fit? The bushing on the hanger bearing on my truck is showing its age, and I need to replace it.
It is pressed to fit. A bearing puller to get it off and the right size piece of pipe to drive it back on. Plenty of videos on you tube with various ways.

Bearing Separator and Puller Set
This is the puller I used. Pipe and a hammer to put back on.