Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2016, 05:56 AM   #2031

Installed new flat screen TVs. Had to make a place to mount it.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f65/flat-...ll-279901.html
06 forest river Cardinal 34 TS towed by 03 freightliner Columbia HDT 435 hp 60 series Detroit, 10 speed, 3:55 gears with full locker. 260 inch wheel base. I am a Father, Farmer, and A Trucker.
jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2016, 03:29 PM   #2032

Finally warmed up enough in Cincinnati to get out on the roof of the rv and paint the bottom of the front AC unit (rusty) and get a coat of koolseal on the roof repairs. Hope to finish it tomorrow!
hpbcrillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 04:55 PM   #2033

No actual work on it but dug out the front end. Last weekend I took the rear tires off and took them to be replaced (in -20 degree weather no less) and this weekend I have to put the fronts back on. Hopefully tomorrow will be a bit warmer. Also ordered all new sway bar bushings this week for front and rear. March 30th is rapidly approaching and with any luck i wont have to snow blow it out !
kb2ztx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 05:07 PM   #2034

Good Luck on them Gremlins. Working thru mine too. Dash is in my shop now and wires everywhere.
Chuck44203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 05:36 PM   #2035

Freightliner Owners Club
This last two days I have changed oil and filters on engine and gen, replaced the 2 starting batteries and found 8 bad sway arm bushing so had to change them as well.
Old 02-19-2016, 06:15 PM   #2036

drove 30 miles to get an alignment in 50 mph cross wind, not fun at all, tomorrow plugs, cap, rotor and new wires, oh sway bar bushing if time permits
Old 02-20-2016, 11:03 AM   #2037

Installed our new front tires today and sprayed all the bolts on the sway bars. Also tested our new "tail gator" satellite dish. It worked perfect ! Mail came and the new bushings are now sitting on the kitchen table. Then the wife arrived with a new LED TV.
kb2ztx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 02:16 PM   #2038

Had a low brake pedal on my 96 p32 chassis 35 foot Rexhall Aerbus. At slow speed had a brake squeak on rear brakes. Thursday put new disk break pads and calipers in and bleed till new brake fluid showed. Took all day but now I have an excelant break pedal. Good brakes are sure nice to have!
scdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 04:09 PM   #2039

We took advantage of the great weather today and got started on the renovations. I got another coat of koolseal on the roof around the front AC unit, hopefully I can reinstall the AC unit next week.
Inside we took down all the wood valances and miniblinds on all the windows....it looks a lot roomier inside now! Then I patched all the screw and nail holes in the walls in preparation for painting. Installed a new led light in the bathroom...much brighter now! I unrolled one of the small awnings for the first time...man is it grungy. Hopefully the rain will clean it off the next few days.
Man do I have a lot more ahead of me, both outside and inside. But it will be great when we get finished!
hpbcrillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:08 AM   #2040

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Bilstein shocks

Today I installed my last 2 Bilstein shocks on the rear.Still have a Hellwig anti sway bar to put on a t.v. mount and t.v. to install new cab roof lights and a million other things.It's all good.
bidderwins19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 04:52 AM   #2041

Vintage RV Owners Club
Looks like rain here all day and week. Time to work on the dash electrical. Accessories stopped coming on with the key. Have to get it fixed.
Old 02-22-2016, 05:41 AM   #2042

Changed the engine oil and filter,replaced the transmission spin on filter,replaced fuel filter. Stored spare fuel filters away. Checked tire pressure.
All systems go for Daytona Bike Week! Will top off LP tank on the way down to Florida,getting antsy for a road trip!!! Oh, Then I had a few cold Beers and sat in the Coach listening to some good music!
Old 02-22-2016, 06:10 AM   #2043

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpbcrillo View Post
Finally warmed up enough in Cincinnati to get out on the roof of the rv and paint the bottom of the front AC unit (rusty) and get a coat of koolseal on the roof repairs. Hope to finish it tomorrow!
Off topic...You are from Cincinnati? We camped at Winton Woods this past summer and plan to return this year. My wife has family just north of there in Lebanon.
06 forest river Cardinal 34 TS towed by 03 freightliner Columbia HDT 435 hp 60 series Detroit, 10 speed, 3:55 gears with full locker. 260 inch wheel base. I am a Father, Farmer, and A Trucker.
jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 03:25 PM   #2044

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hellwig anti-sway bar.

Today I installed my Hellwig anti-sway bar to the front of my 1993 Fleetwood class a.That with all the other improvements hope to get her to drive like a cadillac before the weather breaks here in Michigan.
bidderwins19 is offline   Reply With Quote