Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-22-2016, 06:48 PM   #2045

didn't get to my projects the other day so, today I did the plugs, wires, cap and rotor and the front sway bar bushings. What a difference with a good alignment, not fighting to stay on the road anymore

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2016, 09:21 PM   #2046

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Just received my Dexter E-Z Flex today with bronze busings and wet bolts. Will be installing them in the next couple weeks. When I have it apart it is time to pack the wheel bearings and rotate the tires also.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:13 AM   #2047

Raised the dash and fixed the power side mirrors, replaced the broken fan bypass switch and installed a transmission temperature gauge. Running out of mechanical things to do to the old RV.
scdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 10:11 AM   #2048

We are getting our 83 HR Alumalite ready for interior painting and new fabrics on the couch/bed, etc. We will be painting the fake wood grain a new white, with light grey accents. Also white / grey pattern on the fabrics. Hope to have more pics to show progress soon.
The last pic shows the outside work yesterday....removing front airbags and getting ready to install new ones from Firestone. Thankfully there are several threads on this website to help with the install. When it quits raining / snowing I will get back out there and finish the job. Also have the hotshot compressor / tank / adjustment gauge to install on the dash to control air pressure from the cab. Thanks for looking!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM01180.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	179.3 KB
ID:	119775   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM01181.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	248.3 KB
ID:	119776  

Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM01178.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	233.7 KB
ID:	119777   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM01182.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	375.3 KB
ID:	119778  

hpbcrillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 12:32 PM   #2049

Vintage RV Owners Club
I got my vent cushions in today. So far I can only get one of them to fit into the bathroom vent with a lot of struggling with it and the other vent above my bed is too shallow for it to fit. I finally just took the foam out of the removable fleece/foil backed cover and put the bare foam into the opening which seems to have enough friction to make it fit in the bedroom vent. I'm hoping these things make a difference in heating and cooling. Next thing I'm looking into is getting a roll of foil backed insulation for the whole windshield area. and perhaps for one of the other windows I really don't use.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:25 PM   #2050

installed 1" armor flex foam inside the doghouse, wow, what a difference. Next I'm going to insulate up under the dash, was thinking of using the 2" denim insulation from HD. Any thought about that?
Old 02-26-2016, 01:03 PM   #2051

Vintage RV Owners Club
Tightened the hose clamps on my fresh water tank.
Old 02-27-2016, 06:41 PM   #2052

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Imagine that

Break in weather today. Early rise and off to storage to retrieve the "beast". Brought her home and procceeded to spring clean. vacuumed, dusted, put away project "toys". Washed exterior and found out my roof is beige (with black patches). Who'd a thunk? For 22y.o. she sure still sparkles. Wanted to Rejex. Walmart web said they have, but, did'nt. Will wax instead tomorrow. Much re-newed excitement. Aint spring grand?
tim.kyfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 09:37 AM   #2053

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I live in MI and I basically check to make sure no critters have invaded but I also put some insulation in the cupboards. That bubble wrap stuff with what looks like aluminum foil on both sides. It's thin and they sell it in sheets to put in the windows.

Works great in the cupboards. Eagerly awaiting Spring so we can get her out, wash her up, get the Mobile guy over to replace the TV and radio and then camp.
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 03:33 PM   #2054
CORONADO 1993

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
1993 Fleetwood Coronado

Today I installed new bushings to the rear sway-bar.They came with the new Hellwig sway bar I put on the front about a week ago.So far I have the supersteer bell cranks 4 bilstein shocks and the Hellwig sway bar and bushings.I also put on new wheel simulators.So far so good.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:56 PM   #2055

Installed my new ceramic boot plug wires today. Hopefully they will last more than 100 miles ! Also built a new mount for the new TV. Tested it all and its good. And after dinner I mounted the new tow bar brackets on the JK and test fited the tow bar and safety cables.
Old 02-29-2016, 05:53 AM   #2056

Vintage RV Owners Club
Today should be a fun day. First finish adjusting the rear brakes, Pull multiple antenna cables for the various equipment (stereo, Flat screens, CB, Ham radios) ans then work on the header gaskets.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:44 AM   #2057

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb2crk View Post
Today should be a fun day. First finish adjusting the rear brakes, Pull multiple antenna cables for the various equipment (stereo, Flat screens, CB, Ham radios) ans then work on the header gaskets.
Had a change of plans yesterday, Fixed the dash electrical issue and now everything is working again. 2 blown fuses caused by a wire rubbing on the cooling fan relay circuit. Changed out the front park lights out with NOS clear lenses and LED bulbs.

Old 03-01-2016, 07:07 PM   #2058

Vintage RV Owners Club
Put the NOS rear lights on

old lights

NOS lights