Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:02 AM   #197

Leaking seal, thin shoes. Almost finished, all new parts.

DonDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2012, 01:35 PM   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmugsshow View Post
We sure like our Pergo.
It was installed first using the "floating" method and the thin foam under it. We found it to be noisy (creaky) while driving, so I took it up, removed the foam stuff and used mastic to glue it down. Problem solved.
Nice to know, thank you!

Old 12-31-2012, 02:26 PM   #199

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
replaced the leaking thetford aqua magic with the aqua magic five....measured and all that...realized after removing the old that the new model was the higher version...suits my DH just fine...now it really looks like a throne....lol
Old 12-31-2012, 06:13 PM   #200

Ripped out the kitchen sink, stove, counter and removed the inside trim for the window in prep for new butyl taping, and water damage repair. Discovered the entire floor, (well the floor that was not under cabinets) has been replaced with 1/2 plywood then re-carpeted at some point. Bought plywood, trim and cement board to recreate the countertop, will tile it then put the sink and stove back in place. should be pretty sturdy when done. I'll try to get some pictures. As a bonus, HD had some left over piece to panel in natural wood, more than enough to fix any area I need to for 53 cents... (about 4x4 sheets) So I picket it up also. I have left over tile from my bathroom so thats free... total cost of repair so far is 48 bucks.

Also, worked on the stove while it was out, using another stove I got in a recent used parts purchase. Have it looking brand new and working perfectly! Total cost... FREE

This MH is my trainer. I've already decided to rebuild it and then put it up for sale and buy a bigger one to really redo to my liking. This has already been a good learning experience and will be a nice little motorhome. But a little small for a family of 5 being a 22' Still considering a diesel 33' unit that already stripped and local.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:53 PM   #201

Brakes all done. Wow, now the effort required to stop is about 1/2 what it was with "3" brakes.

The left side had a badly leaking seal and it showed evidence of a fire, very fortunate she didn't burn up on the road.

I take it back at 100 miles for a check up.

New shoes, seals, wheel cyl, and all brake hdw.

Alvarez Tire
8891 e Valley Rd
Prescott Valley, AZ
928-772-7720
Old 12-31-2012, 09:18 PM   #202

Oh, also ordered all new shocks, steering dampener shock, 30' for butyl tape and 50' for eitherbond 4" tape in white for the roof... Should be ready for it all by the time it gets here. Looking forward to having the camper stable and dry
Old 01-01-2013, 04:38 AM   #203

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Winterized it and put the cover on for the last time I hope.

If the year end bonus is enough I will finish the new garage this year.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:24 AM   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
Winterized it and put the cover on for the last time I hope.

If the year end bonus is enough I will finish the new garage this year.
My year end bonus is more stuff on my RV "to do" list ....
Old 01-01-2013, 05:54 PM   #205

well set today as day to start major maintenance tore the front off of the coach pulled a/c condenser, radiator,trans cooler and all hoses and belts.
had slow leak in a/c so though would get out of way and completely reseal on putting back ,take radiator in for cleaning and ck over, all new hoses and belts replace the fan clutch clean and paint all the brackets and replace the p/s hoses while in there.
it had a new engine before i got it but whom ever did it was very sloppy so will clean up their work.
and last but not least have an exhaust leak to find before reassembling then we should be closer to ready for our fall trip to Bangor
Old 01-01-2013, 09:39 PM   #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDee View Post
Leaking seal, thin shoes. Almost finished, all new parts.

The last time I bought tires the tire shop broke two studs. They couldn't fix it so, I took the RV to a heavy truck place. I had a leaking seal and they fixed it for me. They guy really made it look easy but, I didn't really pay attention to what he did. Can you tell me the steps to repair this seal?
Old 01-03-2013, 07:55 PM   #207

Resealed window over kitchen sink. Replaced all damaged paneling, Re-wallpapered, rewired and sealed outside outlet. Put vinyl fake wood flooring where cabinet for sink/stove sites (so you see it when you open the doors) Remounted cabinet and furnace and resealed furnace vent (all resealing being done with 3m black butyl tape). Measured and cut the plywood for the new counter, It by itself is a marked improvement over the stock counter but I'm tiling it so going to be adding a layer of cement board on top it it also. Ran out of sun before I could cut the hardi. So that where I'll start in the morning. New shocks and the Eitherbond arrived from Amazon today.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #208

This weekend I finished laying all the Pergo boards, started on the trim and reinstalled the toilet. The hallway is complete, but the biggest pain was the bathroom. There are a ton of angled cuts to make. It took at least 4 hours to do that in there alone and it's only 24" wide, LOL. I suspect about the same amount of time to finish the trim in there.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:13 AM   #209

I painted it !

I painted it myself, DW did the interior. 1988 Couchman Classic I have owned since 1990 ?.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mh 2 & mary 002.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	404.8 KB
ID:	31604   Click image for larger version

Name:	mh 003.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	417.6 KB
ID:	31605  

Old 01-08-2013, 09:27 AM   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconbro View Post
The last time I bought tires the tire shop broke two studs. They couldn't fix it so, I took the RV to a heavy truck place. I had a leaking seal and they fixed it for me. They guy really made it look easy but, I didn't really pay attention to what he did. Can you tell me the steps to repair this seal?
I had a shop do it. The procedure is online at various places.