Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-12-2016, 11:11 PM   #2087

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Lol.. looked like the green light was on.... usually not the way things break or malfunction.
There was no green light. The brightness was the result of the flash. Wait to you see what Dwayne managed to do where Possum screwed up. We are back to planning an upgrade to Gracie along with a cool colour scheme for the outside. Three shades of grey with black highlights.

(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2016, 07:19 AM   #2088

Retired Fire Service RVer's
It wouldn't be a propane detector, on the ceiling. propane is heavier than air. It is either a CO detector or a smoke detector. If the detectors are over 8 years old, you are supposed to replace them.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:43 AM   #2089

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
It wouldn't be a propane detector, on the ceiling. propane is heavier than air. It is either a CO detector or a smoke detector. If the detectors are over 8 years old, you are supposed to replace them.
Frank
Thanks.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:48 AM   #2090

Ford Super Duty Owner
It is a Costar CO2 detector. I believe this is the old model that had a battery and sensor combination that you plugged in when the old battery ran out. It is old tech. Buy a new detector.
Old 03-13-2016, 03:50 PM   #2091

Many thanks to all the helpful genius's on here! I installed my front 2 coil spring airbags from firestone...using hot water, a vacuum pump, tie wraps and liquid hand soap....piece of cake! Thanks again!
hpbcrillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 04:54 PM   #2092

Took advantage of the 70 degree weather that we've been having. I scrubbed the Fiberglas roof of our Class A, power washed it, and then gave it 3 coats of the Zep high traffic floor polish...came out beautiful. I took my air compressor and blew out the rear panel of the refrigerater to clean out the dust, cob webs, etc and tested the frig and it works perfectly on gas and electric. I exercised the generator and tested both AC units. cleaned up a few spots on the exterior with "goof off". Restored and polished the front headlights with the 3M kit and they look like new. Replaced the bedroom mini blinds and valances with new natural wood roman blinds...looks great. Extended the slide and checked the seals and they look good for another season. I think that was it.
Inthe70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 09:45 PM   #2093

Bathroom O/H

Today I painted the bathroom. The original wall covering was peeling after 40 years. Plan on putting a small back splash behind the sink with material that was left over from the bathroom in the house. The cabinet door shows the original material which was nice enough yet but I had know idea how to glue it to make it stay again. So I took the heat gun to it and remove all the old material. Primed with kilz2 since there was glue residue left and I did not want it to bleed through. I had about 3/4 gallon of exterior semigloss in bright white left over from some project so that went on. Wife was happy when she got home this afternoon and I was happy with the out come so that's good. I think she wants to replace the sink and get away from harvest gold and it certainly would help bring it out of the 70's. We replaced the toilet last year when we first got the motor home going with a white porcelain unit. The shower stall is going to stay gold for now! Next on the list is to check the furnace to see why it is short cycling. I pulled it out of the wall today but have not got it into the shop yet. She would like the carpet gone, if the spring is long enough hope that will happen too. 1976 Dodge/Monoco.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bath1.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	121516   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bath2.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	211.6 KB
ID:	121517  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bath3.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	271.8 KB
ID:	121518   Click image for larger version

Name:	motor home 010a.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	251.8 KB
ID:	121520  

Old 03-16-2016, 11:46 AM   #2094

Vintage RV Owners Club
Wainscoting and wall board.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:19 AM   #2095

Vintage RV Owners Club
Another wall wainscoted.
Old 03-17-2016, 06:24 AM   #2096

Vintage RV Owners Club
Repaired a stripped out hole on the head of the 440. Header bolt hole was stripped. With the choice of a major operation of trying to get a Helicoil in or taking a chance on re-threading the hole to M10-1.25 I chose the later and it worked. A stripped out 3/8" 16 hole is the right size to cut the M10 threads.
Old 03-17-2016, 07:06 AM   #2097

I fixed my monitor panel for the holding tanks. Was a very simple process actually. But kind of funny also. I had my mom hold the button down as I cleaned the connection on the lp side and she said it was working for the holding tanks. I plugged the wire back and went to check. It wasn't. So I pulled the wire to see if I had a short and she said holding tanks work. I plugged it back up and nothing. This happen 3 times before I realized short was on lp side. So I left the ground unplugged on the lp. Next problem. The 1/2 light didn't work on black tank but did for the gray so I replaced the wire going to black tank and fixed that. Now I have half a tank of propane left so I will dig into that when she is empty but I noticed two wires taped off and to the gas line. I believe because it's the original 1994 detector that the lp shutoff sensor was removed which will need a new one installed as well as a detector and a new ground and power wire will fix that issue. It really wasn't that hard and I made my job simpler by using fabric softener in the black tank this past summer and keeping it full when we weren't using it. After a couple months the water was running clear when drained
Old 03-17-2016, 07:26 AM   #2098

Unhappy 1998 national tradewind repair

Well got water system working . But on the shower rebuild the floor under it was shot. Will have to put metal down to support the floor and as heavy as brother is needs to be strong will try to get him to wash the coach then will post pictures for you to see did get wipers working but no delay... stumped their
Old 03-17-2016, 11:29 PM   #2099

ihc1470

You can use Krylon fusion paint to cover your harvest gold shower surround. I have read many a report of how well it holds up after several years.
Old 03-18-2016, 01:28 PM   #2100

try and upload shower pictures of the demo