Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:56 AM   #2129

Here is a nice upgrade I just did. The mirrors that were on my MH (2 years short of vintage) were small and ineffective. After much searching and finding most mirrors were at least $200 each I ran across these. They are Ramco's and cost $209 for a pair shipped. Great upgrade in my opinion. Here is a pic comparing the old and new. I didn't wire in the turn signal indicators.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mirror.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	390.6 KB
ID:	122784  

69Stang is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2016, 09:13 AM   #2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb2crk View Post
Wednesday, New homemade Dinette table in< recovered seats and new lights in.
Man I like that blue upholstery...great job! Beautiful

hpbcrillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:20 AM   #2131

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpbcrillo View Post
Getting ready to do that on our 83 HR, need to replace the rubber fuel lines for the engine and generator, also check the wiring...the fuel gauge will occasionally drop to empty, then go back up to the correct level.
Just got a used transmission jack, so hopefully I can lower just the front of the tank to access the top area where the hoses go.
Did you get the drip fixed?
On non basement models, like yours, If it had the double bed,We would cut a hole in the floor and access the tank through the floor. Just measure the tank access carefully before you cut. That way you can access the tank in fifteen minutes at anytime in the future.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:00 AM   #2132

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Stang View Post
Here is a nice upgrade I just did. The mirrors that were on my MH (2 years short of vintage) were small and ineffective. After much searching and finding most mirrors were at least $200 each I ran across these. They are Ramco's and cost $209 for a pair shipped. Great upgrade in my opinion. Here is a pic comparing the old and new. I didn't wire in the turn signal indicators.

Those are great! On my list as well. Can you post a link to the place you bought them from? Are they electric? Do they sell non-electric? Much thanks and post a picture after the install or IT DIDN"T HAPPEN!
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 10:14 AM   #2133

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbridinger View Post
Those are great! On my list as well. Can you post a link to the place you bought them from? Are they electric? Do they sell non-electric? Much thanks and post a picture after the install or IT DIDN"T HAPPEN!
I bought them from Dyers RV Supplies (sorry, can't post a direct link right now). They are "Ramco Class A RV Mirrors Item# 54875" and they are not electric. The wire you see for the turn signals. I'm going to finish the install tonight and will post a photo.

Correction on price, they were $204 a pair and $213 shipped.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:30 AM   #2134

Put the finishing touches on the bathroom last night. DW can not remember where the doors are for the one medicine cabinet. I am sure they will show up as I finish cleaning up. The next project is to add on more heat register to the furnace system. I have it out checking for why it seemed to short cycle the more it ran. According to the instillation/owners manual it should have had three registers connected to it, it only had two. Furnace runs fine on the bench after I opened one more hole in the case so think that will solve that issue.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Bath5.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	322.1 KB
ID:	122796   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bath6.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	261.6 KB
ID:	122797  

Name:	Bath7.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	283.8 KB
ID:	122798  
Old 03-31-2016, 10:49 AM   #2135

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
The first coat of primer doesn't look too bad, much brighter inside now. Will post more pics when we get the color on and the curtains made. My wife is sewing them up now...bright colors!
Nice improvement. Looking forward to the finish photographs.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:12 AM   #2136

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
On non basement models, like yours, If it had the double bed,We would cut a hole in the floor and access the tank through the floor. Just measure the tank access carefully before you cut. That way you can access the tank in fifteen minutes at anytime in the future.
That is a great idea. I already checked hoping the po might have done it..but no. I'm afraid to cut the hole because I don't know where wires/hoses might be running between the tank and floor, but when I get the tank lowered I will be able to do it to help future repairs. Thanks!!!!
hpbcrillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 11:15 AM   #2137

Quote:
Getting ready to do that on our 83 HR, need to replace the rubber fuel lines for the engine and generator, also check the wiring...the fuel gauge will occasionally drop to empty, then go back up to the correct level.
Just got a used transmission jack, so hopefully I can lower just the front of the tank to access the top area where the hoses go.
Did you get the drip fixed?
The tank is dropped and cleaned but now I have a friend that is a welder that is going to re-weld the seams. Should be done any time so I can reinstall it sometime next week.
Inthe70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 03:46 PM   #2138

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Today I installed the Absorption Refrigerator Protective Controller for the MH. Was simple to install and hopefully will shut down the unit should it over heat.
Old 03-31-2016, 05:27 PM   #2139

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nothing fancy. Just put some weather stripping on my door. I couldn't get the screen door to close without removing or trimming it in spots but it has to have a tighter seal than when I started. Also had my 5.4kw generac looked at np54g I think.

Looks like the starter is froze up. Going to have to have someone drop the generator down and replace or rebuild the starter. It needs some other things done to it anyway.
Old 03-31-2016, 06:48 PM   #2140

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Had to replace the E/H Actuator for the disk brakes, now all that is left is to bleed the brakes and it is ready to go.
It will feel good to have properly functioning trailer brakes again.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 05:50 AM   #2141

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Stang View Post
I bought them from Dyers RV Supplies (sorry, can't post a direct link right now). They are "Ramco Class A RV Mirrors Item# 54875" and they are not electric. The wire you see for the turn signals. I'm going to finish the install tonight and will post a photo.

Correction on price, they were $204 a pair and $213 shipped.
I finished the install last night. As long as the area where your mirror mounts is solid it's an easy install. I still have to work out the angles and adjustments when I get a helper. Big improvement over the stock ones. Here's the link: Search results for: '54875'
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2016-03-31 16.52.35.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	301.8 KB
ID:	122841  
Old 04-01-2016, 11:30 AM   #2142

The pictures are low quality cell phone, will take better ones later. These show the new light grey paint on the walls with the new white painted ceiling. Getting closer!!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CAM01283.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	207.6 KB
ID:	122867   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM01284.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	177.4 KB
ID:	122868  

Name:	CAM01285.jpg