Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2013, 10:17 AM   #211

Getting to the seal isn't bad if you have heavy duty jack stands if needed pm me ill walk you thru it
whem2fish is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #212

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyralph View Post
I painted it myself, DW did the interior. 1988 Couchman Classic I have owned since 1990 ?.
Very, very nice (at least the parts you were willing to share with the rest of us).

How'd you do your paint job?

As for me, I purchased my first RV this past weekend. Does that count as doing something? And yes, she's old and tired so there will more than enough projects to keep me busy for quite a while. Hey, what's a poor man to do, right?
emoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:52 AM   #213

I used the old style compressed air sprayer. I tried the gravity flow sprayer, it did not work for me. By the way, all the parts look the same. thanks
I mispelled, Coachman
pappyralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #214

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatpony View Post
Actually started laying the Pergo flooring in the bathroom and hall today. It sure helps to have all the necessary tools. I need to borrow a table saw and a jigsaw to finish this off
I have a tablesaw you can have just come and get it. Craftsman portable 10"
Great reason to come visit Vancouver Island.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:57 PM   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyralph View Post
I mispelled, Coachman

You still misspelled it. And you misspelled "misspelled".

Sorry, as a retired Language Arts teacher, I just couldn't resist.

You have a beautiful Coachmen Classic. I love the paint scheme and the interior.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:22 PM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
I have a tablesaw you can have just come and get it. Craftsman portable 10"
Great reason to come visit Vancouver Island.
Thanks!
Old 01-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #217

Finished upgrading / refreshing my used Blue Ox Aladdin tow bar. I ditched the aluminum hitch connector and cast yoke in favor of the upgraded steel versions. Replaced the hitch pins and bolts holding the hitch connectors on and replaced all the nylon washers. I also greased the legs. Good as new! I bought the tow bar used for $150 and did all the upgrades for less than $100. Now I just need to hook the wiring in the toad to the 6 pole connector and replace the coach connector with a 6 pole and I am done! On to aux brakes!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:32 AM   #218

]I finally installed my "bus" clearance and marker lamps
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000029.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	31694
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:24 AM   #219

Yesterday - 4 new winter tires. Installed a 15' propane hose to run to tank on receiver hitch carrier. Today - got articulated arm for TV-DVD player, 3 sets of chains, exterior and interior motion actifvated light and camera.

Tomorrow - get 6 gallon tank to feed the Honda generator, both of which will ride on the receiver hitch carrier. Get the rotors and control cable for the directional cell phone and wifi yagis.

Projects for the future. Making the most out of an older Class B's space is a challenge.
Bowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #220

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Technically, I didn't "do" anything to the rig, however....I did get a call that she's ready to be picked up from her radiator hose/fan belt/shroud repair. AND, picked up a new Thetford toilet, bathroom sink, shower and sink fixtures along with an outside spray wash attachment. Not sure what I'm going to do with the latter, but it was all in a package deal from a nice fellow on CL who went to all the trouble of paying retail for all this stuff and never got around to putting it in his camper. I came along and bought all of it for less than the price of the toilet, so I'm a happy camper.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:08 PM   #221

Not today but Wednesday I reintalled my fuel tank, with a new sending unit & fuel pump. New in line fuel filter & replaced some old brittle fuel lines
The Beavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:00 PM   #222

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Now that she's in the driveway, I did go to work. First thing I did was build this;

I actually made that from an old sailboat rudder that was taking up space. Still needs a little finishing, of course.

I also got most of a first coat of Kilz on the cabinets, etc. Learned that there's a lot more stuff to paint in these old jewels than I thought.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:40 PM   #223

Just ordered all the fuel, air, and oil filters for the entire motorhome today from fleetfilter.com - all wix stuff. Just over $200 with freight. Still have to buy a 5 gallon bucket of Rotella and a 5 gallon bucket of auto transmission fluid. $-)

cheers
Piker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:38 AM   #224

Reattached cabinet doors, cleaned up PO trash and misc. Took measurements. Made plans for demo so I can begin rebuild!
Funrover is offline   Reply With Quote