Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-25-2016, 01:06 AM   #2255
cwf

Repaired single pin light socket

Single pin socket had interior insulator decompose due to too high wattage bulb (previous owner).

Fixture obsolete... Of course. Option.. Fix it. Let's see if I can stick a pic here...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	188.2 KB
ID:	128151  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2016, 06:49 PM   #2256

Replaced brake light bulbs, changed the engine, and generator oil.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:19 PM   #2257

I replaced the fan clutch on the 454 today. Hint: the job is infinitely easier if you remove the fan from the clutch before removing the clutch from the water pump, this way you dont have to open up half the engine bay to get everything out. Also wear heavy gloves fan blades are SHARP
Old 06-01-2016, 04:12 PM   #2258

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My DH replaced 2 of the running lights. Took care of a squeal from the furnace fan and installed a new radio.

I painted the handles on the basement compartments and the entrance door. They were aged and missing paint in several areas. They sure look nice now.

Later this summer I will be doing the other handles on the driver's side and the driver's side mirror. Then I am going to try to touch up some of the graphics. Most are ok, but a few need attention.

Anyone ever done anything with the graphics before?
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 08:24 PM   #2259

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post

Anyone ever done anything with the graphics before?
Here's what one gent did
Painting Over My (faded and cracked) RV Decals!
Old 06-01-2016, 11:23 PM   #2260

Vintage RV Owners Club
Replaced both the inner and outer skylight with new Fleetwood parts. Changed the standard vent to a fantastic fan + cover.

Before:

After:

Old 06-04-2016, 07:08 PM   #2261

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Podivin,

Thanks for the information on painting the graphics. Looks like it is doable, just a bit of work.

I like the idea that he changed the colors a bit. Will have to think about that one when I start planning, I deoxidized mine and used Zep on it. Shines like crazy but the graphics just need some work. Will re-Zep when done.

Hung a roller shade over the door entrance today. Will probably only use it if the sun is really shining in through the passenger side but will be there in case we need it.

Bought paint for the heat registers. They are scratched and faded and will take them off, clean them up, sand them and get them painted in the next week here.

Lynne
Old 06-04-2016, 07:36 PM   #2262

Ford Super Duty Owner
Removed the hard shower doors to my Jayco Greyhawk 31SS. Replace them with an Extent-A-Shower bar and shower curtain. Gained 10" in width to make an impossibly small shower usable.
Old 06-04-2016, 08:17 PM   #2263

Today I replaced an engine oil cooler hose that had been leaking. Quite the adventure figuring how the quick-connect attaches the hose end next to the oil filter. Another challenge was trying to remove the hose from the hard line to the cooler. I ended up cutting the line and using compression fittings to complete the repair.
Old 06-04-2016, 09:04 PM   #2264

Winnebago Owners Club
Sealed leaking windshield. Replaced water filter. Started pre-flight checks for cross country trek next month.

Thinking about removing the 100 pound original crt from the cockpit. Anybody ever done this? Can you make that space usable/asthetically pleasing
Old 06-05-2016, 06:33 AM   #2265

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coach Rock,

We removed our old TV with no issues. Man was that thing heavy. We have a new flat screen to put in there but have not done it yet. If you don't want the TV, just take the frame, add a piece of thin wood to the back of it and paint the thin wood. I've seen this on other people's repairs.

You could also hang a piece of material (attached with Velcro) and have access to the area.

Good luck!
Old 06-06-2016, 10:14 AM   #2266

Winnebago Owners Club
Removed the step cover motor and shuttle and cleaned off the old lubricant. Put on new lubricant and reinstalled.

Cover is working like new.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:13 AM   #2267

Ford Super Duty Owner
The previous owner had installed a outside temp thermometer in my coach. The problem was, It was behind the drivers seat. I had to turn around in the seat while driving to see it. I had a nicer thermometer that I have had for several years. I installed the new one in the dash. I also installed a weather tight plug in the firewall, to run the wire through. Now I have three unused ports to run wires through if needed in the future.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:57 PM   #2268

Red face

Taking break from helping brother on his. He now has shower and walls fixed in Washington state till Friday then down to Oregon with his daughter from there will be in Lake Tahoe area for family reunion didn't feel like going so staying at the apartment