Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-23-2016, 11:04 PM   #2339

Closet Remodel

After the loft build I tackled the closet. It was the typical RV closet with one long closet rod and no shelves. While ok if you're full timing and need all of your clothes we rarely stay more than a week and storage is always at a premium we decided to remodel our closet for storage. I also added pantry space on the closet doors to try to use wasted space. It turned out great and was only about an hours worth of work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160723_143013784.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	134014   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160723_143016624.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	134015  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160723_144705908_TOP.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	134016   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160723_144716859.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	134017  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2016, 05:46 AM   #2340

Winnebago Owners Club
You might consider interlocking wood flooring with area rugs. The flooring is much more durable , particularly under the slide.

Vinyl flooring is popular (plank look) but, a little trickier than wood to lay.

Your rig looks nice, congratulations.

Old 07-24-2016, 10:39 AM   #2341

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrohman View Post
A while ago we replaced our sofa with a L shaped one that pulls out and got rid of our booth (which took away one of our sleeping spaces). We love the layout but we were just throwing a mattress where the dinette was for our youngest. I decided to try to use the wasted space over the captains chairs ( with the new couch it cuts off access to those spaces ) and made a loft for my youngest. I used heavy duty closet rods for the cross pieces and plywood with 2x2 wood pieces on either side of the closet rods to hold them in place. I used 3/16 cable and eyelet lag screws for the ones in the front to suspend the front closet rod. My wife and daughter are very happy and it should make camping more enjoyable.
Very innovative and practical. The result looks very comfortable.
Old 07-25-2016, 06:35 PM   #2342

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Insulated another section of roof, got more ceiling panel installed, finished the last of the bed frame, and built the frames for the partition wall between the cabover and the rest of the camper.

Also finally got my posts a little further up to date.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 08:52 PM   #2343

I got tired of stressing about how long my 6-10 year old tires are going to last so went and had 6 new Firestone Transforce HT tires put on. No price for peace of mind...
Old 07-26-2016, 07:17 PM   #2344
CORONADO 1993

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
1993 fleetwood w/p30 7.4

My temperature gauge was erratic.I bought a new sensor at Oreilys $15.Old one came out easy new one went in just as easy. Drained the antifreeze.Some thread sealant on the last few threads and so far so good.
Old 08-07-2016, 12:34 AM   #2345

My wife and I layed down plywood for our bed and bench. Paneled the sides of the bench and wired in a couple outlets. We got most of our trim pieces together and made a few cuts before we ran out of light. I think we might get to spend our first night in her tomorrow night!

Crazy to think this is how she looked just a couple weeks ago!
Old 08-07-2016, 05:15 AM   #2346

Thor Owners Club
great looking job!
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 07:20 AM   #2347

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Gremson,
Nice job. Looks like you are coming along very well.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 12:41 PM   #2348

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Had a lot of things happen since it warmed up here in MI and didn't get around to washing the rig until today. Wow was she dirty!

Got on the roof, scrubbed and scrubbed to get rid of the sap that had dripped there from one CG and the dirt from another that made dark spots all over. Washed it all off and it looks white and shiny again.

Washed the rest of it and it just shines. I deoxidized it last year and put on 4 to 5 cots of Zep floor wax and it still looks great! No sooner got done and it rained. Not upset, we have been in a drought and we badly need it. I would wash it again if we got more rain.

Also added a HD adapter to the bat wing antenna. Will go out later and test it out to see if it adds any other channels.

Glad to have that job done for the summer. Going camping next weekend and now that the dust is rained down a bit maybe it will stay clean for a while.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 12:27 AM   #2349

Today was a real fun one. We built a cat observation deck!
I felt bad that our cats have been restricted to such a small space. I figure this should help a bit. They seem to love it! There's been at least one cat out on it since we put it in.

Old 08-14-2016, 05:36 AM   #2350

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Gremson,

What a great idea! Yes, your cats will love that. I think they will be out there most of the night when you travel.

I saw a MH one time where they took one of their basement compartments and made a ramp down to it from under their table. They took the compartment door and had another cage type door added just inside to allow them to keep the compartment door up and open and not let the cats escape.

They also put the kitty box down there for easier cleaning and smell reduction. Did not hear the cats scratching in the night either. The cats kept going down there and watching like cats like to do so they added some carpet for them to lay on that can be removed for cleaning. Cats loved it, fresh air, a watching hidey hole, and privacy for business.

Where they built the hole under the table they put a door on it. When moving things in and out of the MH they could close the cats down there so they could not escape. Kept them safe.

Love what you did, kitties appreciate it.
Old 08-14-2016, 05:37 AM   #2351

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Gremson,

What a great idea! Yes, your cats will love that. I think they will be out there most of the night when you travel.

I saw a MH one time where they took one of their basement compartments and made a ramp down to it from under their table. They took the compartment door and had another cage type door added just inside to allow them to keep the compartment door up and open and not let the cats escape.

They also put the kitty box down there for easier cleaning and smell reduction. Did not hear the cats scratching in the night either. The cats kept going down there and watching like cats like to do so they added some carpet for them to lay on that can be removed for cleaning. Cats loved it, fresh air, a watching hidey hole, and privacy for business.

Where they built the hole under the table they put a door on it. When moving things in and out of the MH they could close the cats down there so they could not escape. Kept them safe.

Love what you did, kitties appreciate it.
Old 08-14-2016, 11:56 AM   #2352

I have a Onan marquis 5500 hit the start button and just clicks