Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-03-2016, 03:13 PM   #2409

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jah View Post
Added a bar to the screen door, should have done this year's ago!
I agree, those are great and inexpensive. I put one on mine a few weeks ago.

The most recent thing I did on mine was wander around inside it during Tropical Storm Hermine looking for leaks - none found!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2016, 04:05 AM   #2410

Location: 2004 Country Coach Sienna, 4 slides. Full timer and drifting continually
Replaced wiper blades (the entire blade, not just the inserts). I searched for 26 inch blades on the internet and found them around $20+ per blade. Walmart was about $8 per blade. I bought them at costco for under $9.

I had to modify the plastic mounting a little and made a good fit.

Old 09-04-2016, 11:01 PM   #2411

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Repainted the front strip on my 82 PA Primed it, then 3 coats of paint and 2 coats of clear using Spray Bomb's. 100 % better.
Just for sh** and giggles I sprayed the lower area under the front bumper with the clear and it darkened it too look like new. Can't count how many times I have tried everything under the sun and then try a clear spray bomb and it turned out really nice. Got too late for Pic's so have to wait till tomorrow.
Also pumped out the Blk Tank.
JS,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 06:45 AM   #2412

Gulf Streamers Club
Tim, what do you use to get the wax off before painting?

ronspradley
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:14 AM   #2413
CORONADO 1993

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
1993 Fleetwood Coronado 28F

The past few days I did a few things. I washed the roof and coated it with protect all uv treatment.Cleaned up nice and has a nice sheen.I washed the body yesterday and today zepped it. I cracked my fan-tastic vent fan while working on the roof so I fiberglassed it and coated it with flex seal.I will probably do the wheels tomorrow. I am expecting a wesco lift tomorrow which I am going to attach a wheel chair to it to lift my daughter to floor level.I got a plan.We have been using 15 feet of aluminum foldable ramps for it so far.Hope this new idea makes life easier.She is totally road ready I would love to get in a just go to parts unknown.Almost time to look for color changes here in Mi. and we do plan on a trip to the U.P. when the time comes.I am also hoping to get to the township hall to see about putting up a R.V. carport.Boy I tell ya, got to ask permission and pay to get it to do things on your own property.
Old 09-05-2016, 03:25 PM   #2414

Last week I tore out bathroom tub/shower walls/trim and associated parts to repair water leak from 2015 winter.

Before I destroyed the interior, I first fixed where I believe moisture was penetrating. I fixed the side and rear (exterior) walls corner metal trim molding with new butyl strips and silicone caulking w/new longer/one size larger stainless screws to get rid of old rusted steel screws.
Bil came over with his tools and helped me install new 2x4 boards surrounding tub that didn't come up high enough for metal tub surround trim to attach too, so that was a good thing to catch and also add some new support 2x2 studs to provide better panel attachment points and we attached plastic sheathing to better waterproof interior panels and put up hardboard as wall backer before the waterproof shower panels went up. Used combination of both panel adhesive and screws to hold finish panels.
This is on our 1984 Fleetwood Prowler.Here's a few before/during/complete pics. I can add more if needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IM001196.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	260.8 KB
ID:	138152   Click image for larger version

Name:	IM001202.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	291.0 KB
ID:	138153  

Name:	IM001212.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	384.3 KB
ID:	138154   Click image for larger version

Name:	IM001214.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	325.1 KB
ID:	138155  

JaycoEagle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 08:40 PM   #2415

Does anyone have a source for some solid D shaped side molding (double-sided tape is on the flat side)? It is a trim piece on the sides of our '94 Montara that is quite weathered.
BurienTimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 10:42 PM   #2416

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurienTimmer View Post
Does anyone have a source for some solid D shaped side molding (double-sided tape is on the flat side)? It is a trim piece on the sides of our '94 Montara that is quite weathered.

Could you show a pic to get idea about the molding you're speaking of?

I've got an idea about type, but size/length is not developing as an image of where it goes.

I've restored and customized cars/trucks and bikes and some of my trim pieces came from an automotive store, but large RV's require larger trim pieces. Many times when looking for parts, finding a packaged product gave me a name of who to contact to find product I needed.
JaycoEagle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:00 PM   #2417

What did you do to your old RV today?

It's 1" wide in cream color. I need 2 pieces roughly 15' long and one 8' long. I will take a picture tomorrow. It's a freestanding molding and not an insert. It run the length of the camper section about chest high
Old 09-06-2016, 12:34 AM   #2418

I finally did find some that might work at www.trim-gard.com. BTW, the D shape is the profile looking at the end of the molding.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:26 AM   #2419

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaycoEagle10 View Post
Could you show a pic to get idea about the molding you're speaking of?

I've got an idea about type, but size/length is not developing as an image of where it goes.

I've restored and customized cars/trucks and bikes and some of my trim pieces came from an automotive store, but large RV's require larger trim pieces. Many times when looking for parts, finding a packaged product gave me a name of who to contact to find product I needed.

Here's the trim as installed. UV rays have significantly dulled it.

Old 09-06-2016, 12:03 PM   #2420

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Might I suggest a product called Blech-white, its for white wall tires. Try on a rag and a small area to see, I bet it will bring it back to almost new. I now it will take the mold above it off. I use it a lot. Works great on mini blinds.

JMO, Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 12:20 PM   #2421

Monaco Owners Club
Reverted the king bed modified by previous owner back to a queen for bedroom space and comfort, fixed the patio side slide topper where the plastic beading was deteriorated and compromising the integrity of the tooper's attachment to the coach, serviced the generator, fixed the reclinine function on my co-pilots chair so she we will keep her feet off the dash lol, installed some sliders on a pull out pantry, washed the roof, learned the front tv operation on antenna, DVD and surround sound and flushed all tanks and topped her off with fuel! All this Labor Day weekend...did I mention she is "new to us?" Lol
Old 09-06-2016, 12:37 PM   #2422

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I repainted the front stripe on my 82, PA, Sunday,Monday ,not today, For Sh// and giggles the lower parts under the front bumper was oxidized and looked like hell so I tried a coat of clear over some of them. And looks almost new again
.I have too ask, the black streaks in the lower parts Pic's are the results of one of my batteries that blew its top. How can I remove them? I have tried a rubbing compound, wax's and nothing I have tried has removed them.

Before After

Thanks
Tim
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20150926_104233.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	284.2 KB
ID:	138227   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160906_115441.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	214.9 KB