Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2016, 07:11 AM   #2437

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I like it too, have wanted too do for awhile but working on little projects to the exterior. Maybe this winter in AZ...
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2016, 07:26 AM   #2438

I have a 2014 Springdale by Keystone. 24 foot camper. I have a question and I need someone to help me. My two batteries on the front end we're dead. I put a charger on each one of the batteries. And my interior lights went from Bright to dim. Now the camper has been running off an external power source. And I don't know why my lights don't work? Can someone help
Hammer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 07:35 AM   #2439

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer1 View Post
I have a 2014 Springdale by Keystone. 24 foot camper. I have a question and I need someone to help me. My two batteries on the front end we're dead. I put a charger on each one of the batteries. And my interior lights went from Bright to dim. Now the camper has been running off an external power source. And I don't know why my lights don't work? Can someone help
It sounds like your batteries are weak. They are dragging down the voltage from your converter. With the trailer plugged in, read the voltage on the batteries. It should read 13.6. I think you will find it much lower.
Old 09-11-2016, 07:47 AM   #2440

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano56 View Post
can you tell us where you got them?
We got ours from Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Crystiles®-St...ords=crystiles

Both Lowes and Home Depot had similar products, but they only had them in tan/brown/beige colors ('shades of blah', is how we refer to that). So we had to go online to get something with some color to it.

1bomoe1 - sorry to add to your already fairly lengthy list.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:59 PM   #2441

Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Thumbs up Podivan, Take a look at what my wife started today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podivin View Post
We got ours from Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Crystiles®-St...ords=crystiles

Both Lowes and Home Depot had similar products, but they only had them in tan/brown/beige colors ('shades of blah', is how we refer to that). So we had to go online to get something with some color to it.

1bomoe1 - sorry to add to your already fairly lengthy list.

[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	Camper Backsplash 3.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	138689[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camper backsplash 1.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	138686   Click image for larger version

Name:	Camper Backsplash2.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	138687  

Name:	Camper Backsplash 4.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	259.7 KB
ID:	138688  
1bomoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 06:05 PM   #2442

Winnebago Owners Club
WOW, she certainly was motivated to start!
It's looking good, it makes a BIG difference in the way the inside of the RV looks. (of course my wife mentioned today that now the other walls look drab and need painting - so be prepared!)

If the window above your sink is like mine, that black trim around it is super easy to take off (screws every 4 inches or so all the way around and then it just pulls off. From that point she can run the tile into the window opening and the just cut off the excess with a utility knife. That a lot easier than cutting the tile to fit the trim.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:15 PM   #2443

Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
What I did today.

My wife and I shopped around, and bought the smart tiles for our kitchen of the motorhome. I took down all the molding and trim and blinds. My wife then scrubbed the wallpaper ( which was in fantastic shape , what brand did they use back then?) let dry and started adhering the tiles...Looking good. I wasted my day by removing my AM/FM/CD player because we only had very low volume coming out of one speaker, I hooked up the original one that was in our MH when we bought it and had the same problem...traced all of the wires under the dash, took the speakers down, couldn't find any breaks or mouse chewings, so I tested for voltage at the speakers and had voltage, plugged in a speaker that I had in my garage and it was crystal clear...I did all of that work instead of staring off checking for voltage, I cant believe that 3 speakers were totally blown and one was partially blown. Guess I will be installing new speakers and my other stereo tomorrow. SMH
Old 09-11-2016, 06:18 PM   #2444

Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podivin View Post
WOW, she certainly was motivated to start!
It's looking good, it makes a BIG difference in the way the inside of the RV looks. (of course my wife mentioned today that now the other walls look drab and need painting - so be prepared!)

If the window above your sink is like mine, that black trim around it is super easy to take off (screws every 4 inches or so all the way around and then it just pulls off. From that point she can run the tile into the window opening and the just cut off the excess with a utility knife. That a lot easier than cutting the tile to fit the trim.
Oh, That's one of the first things that she mentioned. lol , "what are we going to do for the rest of the walls?"
Old 09-11-2016, 06:30 PM   #2445

Waiting on correct vent lids and incorrect ones returned on Thursday, should arrive on Monday.

While having interior vent surrounds removed(2 sets) I painted unprotected surround wood with Kilz primer to make it look at least finished. It'll be covered up, but I know it's done and pictures will prove it.

All wood looked great as Previous Owner had restored/remodeled the interior and replaced/beefed up most of the walls framework, so most of the roof looks to have been restored with new wood/plastic roll sheeting(moisture blockage)/new vents and vent sealant and of course roof elastic sealer. This was great things to see and now know for pictures and future sale, if that occurs. PO had told us he did lots of work, but didn't have pictures to prove. I've been taking lots of pics when doing what work I've done and making a picture/receipt folder to prove what's before/after.

In mean time, before next storm, I removed rear passenger exterior side trim and cleaned up and replaced the butyl stripping that had decayed/dried over time. Replaced all the rusted screws with new/longer ones for better bite into wood. Front edge trim will be next for both sides when I get more butyl.
JaycoEagle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 06:57 PM   #2446

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Hammer1,
I agree with Ga traveler that it appears that your batteries are drawing too much current from your converter. You will need to unhook your batteries(one at a time) and put a heavy charge in them(Like 20 amps or more) then have them load tested. I would guess that you will need new batteries.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 08:08 AM   #2447

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Befores & after's "Before's" are repairs done by PO "after's" are mine and first time working with Fiberglass Lot's of sanding ahead.
Last Pic is my aweing it looks like it's starting to sag in the middle (see screws on top) anyone have this problem?
Tim
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160623_134222.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	139022   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160623_134246.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	202.9 KB
ID:	139023  

Name:	20160623_134209.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	139024   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160623_134319.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	139025  

Name:	20160915_080140.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	210.2 KB
ID:	139027   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160915_080229.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	203.6 KB
ID:	139028  

Name:	20160915_080300.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	139029   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160912_182849.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	187.7 KB
ID:	139030  

Name:	20160912_182906.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	254.0 KB
ID:	139031  
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 06:10 AM   #2448

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Tim,
You did a nice job on the glass. As far as the awning, the longer lengths tend to sag in the middle like that, the tube can't support the weight on the longer lengths. My southwind had a center support arm for when the awning was out. They make a bracket that you attach to the side of the MH to support the awning when it is rolled up.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 06:22 AM   #2449

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Last trip out we blow an airbag in the front spring. We are installing new firestone air bags before next trip. Taking out the old bag took about 30 minutes. When it the rain stops we will install the new one then on to the other side.

With hopes my inamorata will not see the pictures here of the new tile work.
Old 09-16-2016, 08:49 PM   #2450

Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
This weeks Projects.

Had all 6 new tires installed last week and...
Well, So far this week:
Power washed the roof and all sides...What a huge difference
Replace the Alternator and all 5 Belts...Whoever designed this Alt setup is absolutely nuts, especially in a class A motorhome.
Changed engine oil and filter, air filter, PCV, Breather element and cleaned carb. Lubed entire coach including all hinges and door locks.
Finished converting all exterior bulbs (except front Turn Lamps) to LED
All new side marker lenses (couldn't even consider them amber or red, just about clear from age) and Porch Lamp, New Bargman LED Taillight assemblies
Installed 4 new speakers inside
Repaired AM/FM antennae , Was flopping around due to stripped bolt.
Took off all bedding for the washing machine
Replaced door latch for Bathroom door.
Installed cabinet door "keepers" (Doors would creep open and closet lights would stay on)
Scrubbed the fridge and freezer Never store your RV with the Fridge doors closed YUK.
Re-Attached fridge woodgrain panel on front door.
Replaced electric step covers, 10 years of life out of the last set...couldn't go wrong.
My wife "smart-tiled" the backsplash in the kitchen and rear sink area. Looks like a totally different interior from the old wallpaper.
Tomorrow, clean, clean. clean. I started cleaning and vacuuming the outside luggage bays.
Sunday we are taking " Bruce, the magic Motorhome" to New Jersey for the NY Giants vs. New Orleans Saints game. Our first Safe trip in quite a few years, after keeping him on a permanent spot for 4 years and then storing it the last 2. Next week I will go over everything again, Check belt tension and re-torque lug nuts. There is always something to do on a 27 yar old motorhome.
Attached Images