Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-06-2016, 01:57 PM   #2507

Re-sealed openings on fiberglass roof. The old sealant was cracked, old and dirty. Tough job getting all the old sealant off. Mineral spirits did the job as mentioned in this forum and RV Geeks. Saved some big money on the labor. Spent some that saved money on filling diesel and propane tanks.
Also installed hardware to install magic vent covers. Winterized water and tanks. Used air to blow out lines then filled water system with plumbers antifreeze.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1392.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	292.7 KB
ID:	140931   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1400.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	243.6 KB
ID:	140932  

Name:	IMG_1401.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	293.1 KB
ID:	140933   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1402.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	253.5 KB
ID:	140934  

Maik is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2016, 05:43 AM   #2508

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
Tim, on the paint for the bath. I matched the paint on the shower surround and painted the shower pan. No, I did not put on clear. As far as I know, the shower surround is gel coat, not paint. I do not know what your PA is that you are trying to match, paint or gel coat. You said you got paint numbers so I am guessing you have paint?

ronspradley
Morning,
Ron the numbers I have are no good or they are too old for NAPA to match up. The store I went to told me to go too one of there bigger stores that have a machine that they can use that will tell them the color. I will take a piece and go there and see what they can do.

I washed the aweing , found the right side valve cover gasket is leaking so I went and bought new gaskets. Replaced the air cleaner and changed the oil. I topped off the tanks. Bought a few supplies to get us too Yuma and then purchase the rest there.. Last year we hauled it all down there , this year we'll try the other way.
Tim

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 07:28 AM   #2509

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Tim,
You might want to check with Fleetwood, they may have a color match in rattle cans, it is worth a phone call.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 09:26 PM   #2510

Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Last Couple of weeks, If I remember right

Replaced the alternator belt, I did all of the belts 2 weeks ago and the AC belt came off and did damage to the alternator belt, The fans don't work for the AC/Heat right now so this time I didn't put the AC belt back on. Replaced my two front turn signal lamp assemblies with 2 that I found on eBay...Look like new ! Turns out they are from a 67 Chevy pickup truck. Replaced the toilet valve ( crack on the bottom), funny thing, It didn't leak until the end of summer. Took apart the power mirror switch and cleaned all inner terminal/contact points and got it working again, Also lubed the mirror plastic pivot points and took out 2 big wasp nests in each. The Big project is getting my furnaces to operate... The one would run but you could tell that the wheels were rubbing the housing...Badly. Removed the furnace and took apart to get at the motor, I am starting to think that 650 bucks for a new one is a bargain. The second one wouldn't run at all, popped the fuse 2 times , Traced the wiring and narrowed it down to the furnace assembly itself, not going any further on this one so that I can use it as a template to put the other one back together.
Started to convert interior lamps to LED, but ran out of bulbs. Cleaned all compartments that I have removed to get out of my projects, The mice must have had a field day over the years, No sign of current mouse activity.
Spent a TON of hours on Forums and message boards trying to find parts on the cheap and research. Thank Goodness that I am out on disability, because any of my employers would've fired me by now since I have to stop after every 5-10 minutes or so because my arm just doesn't do anything anymore.
Old 10-09-2016, 09:04 AM   #2511

Ford Super Duty Owner
1bomoe1: Check the squirrel cage fans. They are prone to breaking and getting out of shape. This will cause them to rub.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:12 AM   #2512

Winnebago Owners Club
Also if the fan cage is full of dust/lint it will not create enough force to close the sail switch for ignition. I'm assuming a 98 furnace has one.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 08:54 PM   #2513

Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ok, tge pass side furnace motor is SHOT, drivers side blowing fuses, I now have the original parts and sevice guide, I am probably looking at 2 motors, what does anyone recommend as far as servicing them while I have them out,besides the normal cleaning?
Old 10-11-2016, 12:21 AM   #2514

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What did you do to your old RV today?

I'll tell ya,
I finished up trying to find paint matches for the PA after my repairs to her rear end. I called almost every auto paint place in Mpls. I finally got in touch with Chris @ NAPA. The guy is genius. I brought two pcs from the PA and he would match it. He has a machine that does it but he said being that old he will have to do it with paint swatches. He asked if I could leave them for a couple hours I said sure So I left.
I returned a few hours later and he had one done and almost finished the second. I could not find where he had tested his formula. I am getting excited , after trying like 6 different spray booms from a big Box store and they were no match.
I sanded everything that was going to get covered with his spray cans. While paying he (Chris ) informs me that I can't use his paints on top of the spray cans I had been using trying to get a match. He said it will have a reaction and possibly start bubbling off.
I got home and tried one of the colors and tried in a place nobody would see and I got NO adverse reactions. I am so happy the colors are a perfect match.
Pictures to follow in the morning. I probably won't get any sleep tonight in anticipation.

Tim
Old 10-11-2016, 10:43 PM   #2515

Winnebago Owners Club
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Felt good!

I sold my old RV back in March, new owner called me, said it wouldn't start. It had lights, so I thought it would be the batteries. He replaced one engine and two coach, starts right up. He gets to go camping, first time out! Gets to CG, and plugs in, no refrigerator, no hot water. calls again. I have no clue. So next morning I drive the 1 1/2 hrs over to the CG, and find the rig. Nobody home, get my meter out and start checking power. Refer outlet had 110, all CBs good, fuses check OK, open hot h2o door, drain plug is out. ah HA. He hadn't fully dewinterized, I put the plug in flipped the bypass valves water started to fill the tank. By this time saw the owner and his DW, walking towards the rig. Showed him what I had done so far. We went inside and I checked on the fridge, I think the mode was on battery and they were not up to charge yet, switched to gas and then to electric and they both worked fine.
After all this, I gave them a tour of the park they were camped at, as I had been camp host there, 4 years ago. This MH life was completely new to them, they had tent and pop-up camped before.
34ft Georgie Boy '94
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	GB1.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	141371  
Old 10-11-2016, 10:52 PM   #2516

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Way to go,
I hope when I upgrade to a DP the Po will do the same if needed.
Nice Guy
Kudos,
Tim
Old 10-11-2016, 10:54 PM   #2517

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyephoto View Post
I sold my old RV back in March, new owner called me, said it wouldn't start. It had lights, so I thought it would be the batteries. He replaced one engine and two coach, starts right up. He gets to go camping, first time out! Gets to CG, and plugs in, no refrigerator, no hot water. calls again. I have no clue. So next morning I drive the 1 1/2 hrs over to the CG, and find the rig. Nobody home, get my meter out and start checking power. Refer outlet had 110, all CBs good, fuses check OK, open hot h2o door, drain plug is out. ah HA. He hadn't fully dewinterized, I put the plug in flipped the bypass valves water started to fill the tank. By this time saw the owner and his DW, walking towards the rig. Showed him what I had done so far. We went inside and I checked on the fridge, I think the mode was on battery and they were not up to charge yet, switched to gas and then to electric and they both worked fine.
After all this, I gave them a tour of the park they were camped at, as I had been camp host there, 4 years ago. This MH life was completely new to them, they had tent and pop-up camped before.
34ft Georgie Boy '94

Full service sale! There are truly still great people out there. This is what this community is really about. Great job!
Old 10-12-2016, 05:17 AM   #2518

Vintage RV Owners Club
I finally started bolting parts on my old rv! It's been a long while in progress, but my "back to bare metal" cab restoration is finally starting to take shape...

Old 10-12-2016, 07:20 AM   #2519

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Tim,
Glad that you finally found the right guy to get your color match.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 09:29 AM   #2520

Winnebago Owners Club
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Thumbs up Continue to feel good

I got a text this morning:
Hi Jon, Cheryl here. We cannot thank you enough for coming over and helping us out! All systems working well! We are loving it. The shower was great. Thanks again!

IRV2 has helped me out a number of times, as I have helped this new owner out. I am passing this Thank You on to all of you on the forum. (see post 2515)