Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2016, 09:58 PM   #2731

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatStab View Post
I see the wallpaper liner has shipped, should be here Friday, got the living room wall on the passenger side done. It had the most cutting and fitting of anyplace. Took me hours just to do from the door to the back of the passenger seat. Fitting around fire extinguisher block mount, upper cabinet, light and cord cover deal, window, pull out tray, etc.

Tomorrow hope to get the wall in behind the couch and above will have to unfold it out best I can. Don't really want to take it undone from the flooring.

I think I will have one full roll possibly 2 left so if I ever need repairs I can do it.

I have one of those little spot steamer cleaners, I'm wondering if I can clean the ceilings with that. The ceiling is grey and looks kind of like that commercial carpet that is thin. My carpet cleaning guy wouldn't do it, was afraid he would loosen the glue.

I will have hubby check Harbor Freight and see what they have, $600 for one of the others, no not right now. I still want to have the front painted this summer.

I am taking the drapes to have the pleats ironed in, they just are not hanging right this way. Once they are steamed in they will stay.
We had a small leak come through one of the ceiling return areas, looked awful. I used my Bissell rug cleaner using the hose attachment & the stain disappeared. It's not ideal because you're fighting gravity but it does work like a charm! The "after" pic isn't great but there's nothing left of the nasty stain .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1483246583905.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	147924   Click image for larger version

Name:	1483246607423.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	147925  

Lisablue85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2016, 10:04 PM   #2732

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
We haven't been to the Opry in 40 years I suppose. We were going to run down this week but decided we will check and try to go on a weekend where they have some good acts. But so few of the old guys and ladies left I'm sure it will be the younger ones. We like the old old country. Branson we have not been to.
PatStab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 03:57 AM   #2733

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Hi All!

...Well yesterday we went to Walmart and bought new dishes for the RV. A square set, service for 8, dinner plates, desert plates, and salad bowels all fit in one small cabinet shelf with room for our coffee mugs!! It really works! ...

Have a great day all!

L.
Square plates? Good for sandwiches. I have never tried to pour square pancakes. I'll have to try thay.
steve11669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 05:56 AM   #2734

Looks good Pat!

That sure is a pretty coach!

L.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:06 AM   #2735

THIS

Removing old caulk at roof to wall seam trim and re-sealing with Dicor No Sag. Slow careful removal as to not damage 24 yr old rubber roof. My rig was built in Dec. 92 and the roof my need a coat of sealer / whitener to renew it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG854.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	220.7 KB
ID:	147950   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG855.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	206.3 KB
ID:	147951  

Name:	IMG856.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	231.7 KB
ID:	147952   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG857.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	217.0 KB
ID:	147953  

Name:	IMG853.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	277.9 KB
ID:	147954  
Old 01-01-2017, 08:45 AM   #2736

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I used a heat gun to get our old caulk off so I could remove the
brittle skylights and just all the old caulk. It sure made the work
easier. But we then recoated the roof.

Looks like your ceiling spot cleaned off well. A salesman told me you can get rid of spots with peroxide, hum, wonder how often they do that. You can just spray a spot. It does but my ceiling needs cleaned all over.
Old 01-01-2017, 03:42 PM   #2737

Remodeling

All your TLC looks great. The pleats worked out well. You go girl!! We have been doing some deep winter cleaning in my house. The floors look great with two coats of a product called shine on them. My goal is to get as much done as possible before my Feb.13th knee replacement surgery. Not much you can do besides snow blowing/shoveling.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 04:58 PM   #2738

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Today we got the rest of the blinds and valances up. I have one hanger to resew on the other windshield curtain, that came off? Got the headboard on too.

We are going to take the top off the bed base. There is another door under it that seals out the motor, I replaced the old insulating stuff down around it with sound and heat deadener several years ago so its fine. But the headboard was pretty dirty, could have been just age. We are going to see what is under that one or two foot section against the back wall. If there is dust coming up there we are going to seal it with tape, plastic or something. Come to think of it though the mattress isn't dirty. Well ok, maybe we are just nosey.

I have LOTS of cleaning to do out there, its a mess inside. We put sticky plastic over the carpet, if we hadn't it would be ruined by now. No pics today, I'm going to work on the bedspread tonight, don't think I will get far as I'm tired.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:44 PM   #2739

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
The bedspread may defeat me, I'm not sure I can do it on my machines. I am going to wait till he puts the bed in and make sure what I have done so far fits. I have an idea how I may be able to sew the side panels but not going to that effort until I make sure it fits. I have the end one sewed on, but it needs sewn again as its not close enough to the piping. I have broken needles and not sure I haven't messed up one machine, ouchie.

I ran across a schematic one time of the steel cage that surrounds the motorhome, I was going to print it out and save it. I was telling Tom about it and he said he would like to see it, well of course he would since I don't have it. Anyone know where I could possibly find that? I have electrical, mechanical and lots of other stuff in manuals but don't think that is in there.
Old 01-02-2017, 03:51 AM   #2740

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Blitzkrieg, I feel your pain. I spent months picking at mine. Original caulk, newer caulk then gobs of silicone to remove. I found that mineral spirits helped resolve and soften the stuff after the initial layers were removed. It sure looks good afterwards. I coated the roof this fall with the Alpha System's product. I can pick that roof out from anywhere in the campground.
tim.kyfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 09:30 AM   #2741

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Hubby took the screws out and we pulled the bed base out so I could see
under the top part. I wiped it out wasn't bad but on the right side there is about a inch and a half gap where they ran a covered wired down the backside. I am going to eternabond that spot and the other side that has a slight gap while we have it unfastened.

A pix of my completed and installed headboard. And a pix of the place on the wall where I patched the veneer spot.

I want hubby to get the mattress back in so I can try the spread, its fitted and want to make sure it still fits before I invest more time or if I have to have it completed, money. I may have messed up one of my sewing machines, I hope not.

Have to keep retrieving him from his garage, he is working on the hydraulics of his snow plow, it turns one way but won't turn the other. He is on a mission. It may not even snow this winter!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0626.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	148072   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0627.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	214.4 KB
ID:	148073  

Name:	IMG_0628.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	229.3 KB
ID:	148074  
Old 01-02-2017, 09:32 AM   #2742

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Oh and new lampshades too, I ordered them online, hard size to find, the bottom of the bell is an inch wider but they still work.

The bracket on the ceiling holds the co2/carbon monoxide detector back there as Sue Anne likes to ride back there. I keep one on the night stand beside the bed instead and in the drawer when not using, I think it needs to be lower to the floor, but just left the ring up there.

I have a fire extinguisher in the drawer by the bed, one under the kitchen sink and one in front though its out right now. She has been instructed how to get out the window and I check and make sure the exit window opens. I told her throw a heavy spread over the edge so it won't cut her getting out but get out. I generally sleep back there and her on the couch anyway. I am very concerned about fire in these especially an old one, though sounds like its an issue in all of them.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:41 AM   #2743

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatStab View Post
Hubby took the screws out and we pulled the bed base out so I could see
under the top part. I wiped it out wasn't bad but on the right side there is about a inch and a half gap where they ran a covered wired down the backside. I am going to eternabond that spot and the other side that has a slight gap while we have it unfastened.

A pix of my completed and installed headboard. And a pix of the place on the wall where I patched the veneer spot.

I want hubby to get the mattress back in so I can try the spread, its fitted and want to make sure it still fits before I invest more time or if I have to have it completed, money. I may have messed up one of my sewing machines, I hope not.

Have to keep retrieving him from his garage, he is working on the hydraulics of his snow plow, it turns one way but won't turn the other. He is on a mission. It may not even snow this winter!!
Nice,, your bedroom looks EXACTLY like mine
Old 01-02-2017, 09:50 AM   #2744

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
A few more pics, here is one of our garages, where the motorhome one is. I have posted it before on the garage sites one, been awhile.

The other 2 as you can see is where the paint is bad in front, on the passenger side someone before us messed up the fiberglass at the bottom and the paint and clear coat around the windows is messed up, plus a spot off on the blue, the door needs painted too. I hope to get the front painted this summer. The front actually looks worse then that, the pictures make it look good.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0629.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	427.8 KB
ID:	148076   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0630.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	225.9 KB
ID:	148077  

Name:	IMG_0631.jpg