Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2018, 05:57 AM   #3809

My cussing muscles got a good workout this weekend. The framing didn't want to cooperate and I had to add a lot more screws to the mix than I had prepared for. To top that off, I had to cut the deck for the overhang into three main pieces and didn't have enough screws on hand to do that until I went on safari through my workshed and found some hex drive screws. So THAT was Saturday. Sunday I cleaned lap sealant off the old vents (that is some determined stuff) and built the reinforcement for the bedroom ceiling vent. (DPO laid new roofing as far as the shower stall/bathroom but didn't cut any vent holes. That job is up to me when I get to sticking the TPO down permanently.) BTW: I've never seen the process, but now I think I have the concept to setting the roof A/C in place. I mounted the inside duct and controls centered as much as possible in the vent hole assigned to it and wired it up. The three bolts for holding the unit to the duct plate are LOOONG... long enough to set the unit on some 2x2's and get it aligned before setting the gasket in place, because that gasket is also some determinedly sticky stuff and looks like a second chance at setting the A/C is not practical or possible.... also have a sort of plan for getting that heavy SOB back up on the roof....
raccoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2018, 07:45 AM   #3810

Quote:
Originally Posted by raccoonman View Post
My cussing muscles got a good workout this weekend. The framing didn't want to cooperate and I had to add a lot more screws to the mix than I had prepared for. To top that off, I had to cut the deck for the overhang into three main pieces and didn't have enough screws on hand to do that until I went on safari through my workshed and found some hex drive screws. So THAT was Saturday. Sunday I cleaned lap sealant off the old vents (that is some determined stuff) and built the reinforcement for the bedroom ceiling vent. (DPO laid new roofing as far as the shower stall/bathroom but didn't cut any vent holes. That job is up to me when I get to sticking the TPO down permanently.) BTW: I've never seen the process, but now I think I have the concept to setting the roof A/C in place. I mounted the inside duct and controls centered as much as possible in the vent hole assigned to it and wired it up. The three bolts for holding the unit to the duct plate are LOOONG... long enough to set the unit on some 2x2's and get it aligned before setting the gasket in place, because that gasket is also some determinedly sticky stuff and looks like a second chance at setting the A/C is not practical or possible.... also have a sort of plan for getting that heavy SOB back up on the roof....
You might get rope and long boards or a ladder to slide it back up on the roof, have when was able to do that stuff done just that takes 2 folks to do it one pushing one pulling!
Lonesome54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 07:51 AM   #3811

current plan involves two ladders, a friend, and my pickup, maybe a sheet of plywood and a couple of 2x8's. Long time down the road yet, though.
raccoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:11 AM   #3812

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis in TX View Post
I was going to mount my switch for mine inside the TV cabinet so the cats won't be working that rocker switch without some real ninja skills.

Never under estimate the skills of a cat to find ways to get into mischief un less you have switches in covered locked and blocked site the will find ways!
Lonesome54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 04:06 PM   #3813

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My rig got a wash from the roof to the tires today. She looks beautiful!

Awaiting the Fantastic to be delivered so we can get that installed.
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 04:13 PM   #3814

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Right side manifold is off. Left side is not as cooperative. 5 weeks to get her ready for her maiden voyage.
renhaus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:20 PM   #3815

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Fixed a very minor, but annoying, electrical problem.

Removed the "scald protection device" from the shower so I can enjoy a "hot" shower.

Renamed it to "Rock Magnet" after adding this decoration to my windshield:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chip.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	201919

OK, there were a few other names mentioned before I settled on "Rock Magnet". It has a history. Literally 15 minutes into our very first drive with it, we collected the first chip. Much smaller and already repaired (barely visible, if you know where to look).

This one is disappointing because it happened 6 miles from the Virginia vehicle safety inspection station for its first inspection. It's NEW, 2,600 miles (1,200 of those were delivery from factory to dealer).

OK, enough of my whining. Repair appointment scheduled in a couple of days. We'll see if it's repairable.

Take care,
Stu
Old 05-07-2018, 06:54 PM   #3816

Ok, this is all new to me, both RVing and forums.
Here goes...
I just bought a 94 fleetwood coranado 32ft and I cannot find the freshwater drain valve. Any help?
RV KEITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 07:55 PM   #3817

Not sure about yours, mine are in the rear drivers side storage compartment. Hope that helps
iamblum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:03 PM   #3818

Tiffin Owners Club
Mine is actually under the bed and it has has a hose after the valve that exits the camper. It used to drain into the gray water but I decided that was too many steps so I changed the setup.
Old 05-08-2018, 01:00 AM   #3819

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennzz05 View Post
Curious as to your opinion and results
Hi,

I bought this unit direct from Wilson as a refurbished unit with a one year warranty for $279.00. It arrived in a timely manner via UPS in three days from the day of ordering.

I won't go too deep into my installation procedure because all of us have an idea of where we want the equipment and antennas (roof and inside antennas). I chose to use the cabinet that the old Satellite coaxes dropped into. I did this mainly because there is already my choice of twelve volts or 120 volts in this cabinet for wiring the booster

The outside antenna was mounted on a 12"x12" galvanized steel plate so the magnetic mount antenna could be mounted. I simply used copious amounts of Dicor to effectively glue the plate down in the desired location and set the antenna on it. Of course I did the same for the cable run plate that was formerly for the satellite. From there I simply routed the boosters antenna into the desired cabinet, hooked up the power and screwed the antenna into place on the booster.

The inside antenna was run from the booster into the drivers side
"A" pillar, under the dash and then up onto the dash just above the am/fm radio.

As for operation, I can tell you it is definitely doing what is supposed to and that is of course to increase signal strength. We have an AT&T Hotspot with unlimited data and two Verizon phones with unlimited data on each.

We are currently staying at Cochiti Lake in Pena Blanco, NM. AKA: "The middle of Nowhere"

AT&T signals here are almost non-existent. We went from one bar to five bars. Verizon is three to four bars and the booster took it to a solid five bars.

Having said that, Our Verizon speed is blazing (haven't run a speed check yet). AT&T is not very fast. The nearest tower for AT&T is nearly 25 miles away so my speeds haven't improved much.

To be fair, we have a 20 GB unlimited plan on AT&T but we hit that limit two days before I installed the WeBoost so I can't give an opinion as to whether we gained speed because we are now throttled until the 10th.

My overall initial impressions are good. We simply place which ever device we are using for internet next to the inside antenna and the speed goes way up for Verizon. Based on this I anticipate when we are off throttling AT&T will do the same. I think this is a worthwhile investment. My wife tele-commutes for work. As such, solid internet is important to her.
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 07:35 AM   #3820

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV KEITH View Post
Here goes...
I just bought a 94 fleetwood coranado 32ft and I cannot find the freshwater drain valve. Any help?
On my 89 37' Fleetwood my fresh water drain is on the passengers side in the bay where the outside sink & shower are located. The sink is on the left side of the bay and the drain valve is on the right side if the bay. There are several valves there that serve several routing functions.

There is a tank fill port for the water tank that is to the left of that bay with a screw on cap. If I hook up to the park supply I can transfer pressured park water with one of this other valves to fill the 40 gallon holding tank.

Oddly enough, my park water hook up is on the drivers side. Smaller door, like the electrical hookup. Near the compartment with the Grey and black dump valves.
Curtis in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 08:13 AM   #3821

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV KEITH View Post
Here goes...
We have a 95 Fleetwood Bounder and it's been modified to where the drain is in the same compartment as the fresh water tank. Before it was in the same basement area as the holding tan (black and grey) drains and the outside shower area. I like it by the tank since it's convenient and easy to use. It just has a standard sink/toilet on/off valve and a clear rubber hose.
Barrett-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 08:01 PM   #3822

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Today I coated the roof with primer, tomorrow the EDPM coating goes on.
renhaus2 is offline   Reply With Quote