Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #421

Replaced leaking intake manifold gaskets. Ugh,
Fl_Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2013, 06:43 PM   #422

getting ready for camping

We washed our truck and gave it a deluxe detail and well as our camping trailer. Tired but glad it is done. Had to use JB weld to glue a small piece of interior trim and also glued the exterior door stopper on. Put on the new RV registration sticker. Had new tires installed on the truck and have to make an early morning trip to the store where purchased for retorking.(sp)
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #423

two weeks ago replaced the house water pump not to bad tore out the dining area carefully, replaced the pump and lines cked for leaks repaired leaks and reassembled
last week pulled out the dead r/v fridge installed an energy star rated 4.4 cu ft Frigidaire remodeled the Cabinet around it and replaced the cheesy plug-in with proper plug-in.
still need to wire in the inverter so it can run with out the generator if we don't need the rear air.
this week end starting on replacing the exhaust manifolds pulled mine and resealed earlier ,just to far gone so will do what should have done in first place
but getting closer to finished so we can take it to Maine and see the grand daughter
pwf16129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:52 PM   #424

well lesson learned had extra day off from work decide to install new exhaust manifolds today, should have done it while had it tore apart weeks ago.
being a ford all went well after i gave it an offering of blood, seems if you just cut your finger and drip a little blood on them things will go better,because you are going to bleed one way or the other.
but on the good side i tapped all the holes and used new bolts when i tried to get by with resealing it.so it was just a matter of getting the hands into a place they don't fit and turning bolts you can't see.
six and a half hours later started no exhaust leaks and dog house is back in gave up for evening will reinstall sets tomorrow.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #425

Mid Atlantic Campers
Sat by the phone waiting for the call that my generator is fixed.
!!!!sigh!!!

Chip
06 National SurfSide
model 29a
30ft with 2 slides
V10 Ford chassis
camper19709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:46 PM   #426

started the day going to build a cradle to mount my portable generator on the rear of my rv, the rv generator lost a $800 part or that seems to be the going price if i can find it, so I'm just going to use a portable for a while.
but the power steering pump decided to start squealing from a bearing starting to go out.
so today's project was replacing the pump with a side job of installing the proper spring in the secondary's on my carburetor .
better now then while on the road
Old 06-17-2013, 05:56 PM   #427

I didn't do it today, but over the weekend I did the two step Camco roof cleaner and conditioner treatment. Looks good.
Koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:02 PM   #428

Finished installing roof joist's, reconnected the wires, and started installing insulation. Thing's are starting move along now. SNO
Old 06-22-2013, 05:28 PM   #429

Added a clock and outside temp to the panel above the sink, added 120 volt/amp and 12v volt/amp meters as close as I could get to converter box. The original converter works like a dream, not sure if it has battery charge capabilities(if any old timer's have an answer) if not I will just add a trickle charger. Started changing all bulbs over to led. Should save alot of current original 1141 bulb = 18 watts new led under 1/4 watt and really same brightness just cool white not warm. SNO

Old 06-23-2013, 08:30 AM   #430
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwf16129 View Post
started the day going to build a cradle to mount my portable generator on the rear of my rv, the rv generator lost a $800 part or that seems to be the going price if i can find it, so I'm just going to use a portable for a while.
but the power steering pump decided to start squealing from a bearing starting to go out.
so today's project was replacing the pump with a side job of installing the proper spring in the secondary's on my carburetor .
better now then while on the road
Seems like ALL my parts on the whole coach are $800. LOL
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:54 AM   #431

Winnebago Owners Club
Spent the afternoon yesterday going through the generator, fixing a mysterious no-start problem that came on out of nowhere when I started tuning it up. Turns out the paper gasket for the plastic choke housing was out of shape and making the choke stick on. It's the little things that can mess up your day! Put the choke back together and got the genny running smooth and strong now, just took a lot longer than it ought to!
Old 06-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #432

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2343237420.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	508.4 KB
ID:	41152

Removed and cleaned the tail lights while camping and painted the top of the bumper

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-45273957.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	439.8 KB
ID:	41153
jkelly116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #433

Removed our forward bunk and replaced some vinyl on the ceiling above the driver's area. Reassembled everything, then made sure the tv still work for about a half hour.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:33 PM   #434

Waiting for mine to get out of the body shop after a semi truck/trailer took off my drivers mirror and a chunk of wall.